General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri-Factor Triathlon - Olympic Distance Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Tri-Factor Triathlon - Olympic Distance - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Singapore,
Singapore
Tri-Factor
Overcast
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 69/500
Age Group = veteran 45+
Age Group Rank = 14/100
Pre-race routine:

up early to make sure I got to the race and sset up with plenty of time. Parked too far from the tranistion area but no biggie. good carbo breakfast
Event warmup:

a quick dip in the skanky singapore waterfront to get a feel for the choppy conditions
Swim
  • 33m
  • 1640 yards
  • 02m 01s / 100 yards
Comments:

Dodgy course. Small waves which ment it didn't matter too much but because we started at the point of the triangle with the course heading out from the beach on a 45 degree angle, it was a simple matter of running along the beach for 50 to reduce the length of the swim. The conditions were pretty choppy with the outer most leg of the course heading straight into the choppy. Timing was a bit quesitonable too. The starter set a women's wave off only a couple of minutes before we finished our first lap so on starting our second lap we ran into the back of the women's wave. Not a big issue as the waves weren't too large but not a great set up. I spent most of the time drafting, particularly on the back leg into the chop but in the conditions I was ok with the time.
What would you do differently?:

not much. got out of the water feeling like I was on track.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

long transition with no carpet so picked up lots of dirt and stuff on the feet. overall transition set up was fine and plently of room.

nothing
Bike
  • 1h 12m
  • 36 kms
  • 30.00 km/hr
Comments:

Tried to take it easy on the bike again. Had done a fairly brisk ride the day before so the legs were softer than usual. The course is pretty flat but not as fast as I was hoping/expecting. I was only a couple of minutes faster than my Bintan time even though the course is much easier. 6 loops with a bit of slowing down for each corner didn't help. The course was pretty crowded so drafting seemed to be fairly common. Some people came off on the corners, one I saw got carted away in an ambulance. there are better bike courses they could have used - the new moon sprint series makes better use of the road just a little ways down the coast. not sure why they didn't use the same course. Oh and the course is definitely short - lots of people were commenting on it and a few did an extra lap because they thought they had miscounted. if yo do this race in 2013 - remember, the ride is SHORT!

skip the ride the day before. but that's about it. Still a look of work to do on my ride before I can go hard and still have some juice left in the tank.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Run
  • 53h 00m
  • 10 kms
  • 5h 18m  min/km
Comments:

still a lot of work to do on the run. I seem to only have about 5km worth of go in me and after that it's a death march. At one stage I noticed my speed was dropping faster than the distance remaining - it was a close thing as to whether I would run out of go before I ran out of race. Managed to avoid prolonged walking so better than bintan in that regard.

More electrolytes might help keep me going. It's so damn hot in Singapore and I sweat a lot so I reckon that might have something to do with it. A bit more training wouldn't hurt to
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

slow swim course, heat.

Event comments:

It's an ok race. small waves, reasonably well organised and good atmosphere all go to make it fairly low stress and enjoyable. They could shift it down the road a bit and improve the bike leg and change the shape of the swim course but that's about it. I'll probably be back next year.

Last updated: 2012-09-06 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:33:00 | 1640 yards | 02m 01s / 100yards
Age Group: 11/100
Overall: 0/500
Performance: Good
Suit: no
Course: two counter clockwise loops of an inverted triangle.
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:12:00 | 36 kms | 30.00 km/hr
Age Group: 16/100
Wind: Little
Course: 6 loops of a slightly under length circuit.
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
53:00:00 | 10 kms | 5h 18m  min/km
Age Group: 23/100
Performance: Average
Course: 2 loops of a 5 km course
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2012-09-06 2:11 AM

Subject: Tri-Factor Triathlon - Olympic Distance
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri-Factor Triathlon - Olympic Distance Rss Feed