General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » TRI Newbie in New Orleans Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-06-25 9:32 PM

User image

Master
Pensacola, Fl
Subject: TRI Newbie in New Orleans
Just beginning to start my new training for TRIs. Haven't picked out my first one yet or what distance. I have been wanting to do this for many years now, but kept putting it off. Now after three marathons and some over training injuries from running 5 days a week, I am looking forward to training/cross-training of all three aspects of TRI. Can't wait. I will keep all informed of my progress. Wish me well.

Lane

2004-06-26 1:15 AM
in reply to: #33713

Elite Veteran
Boise, Idaho
Subject: RE: TRI Newbie in New Orleans

Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans, and miss her each night and day.  I know I'm not wrong, but the feeling is getting stronger the longer I stay away.

Love the music and the food.  Welcome!!

2004-06-26 10:43 AM

User image

Master
Pensacola, Fl
Just moved here from San Diego in January. Do you know what it is like to miss San Diego???? No worries, I am loving New Orleans. The food and music, as you said, is great!!! Thanks!

Lane
2004-06-26 2:43 PM

User image

Champion
Gold member
welcome lane.  cross training will def help u on the injury front....good luck!
2004-06-26 4:00 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
If I am not mistaken you have strong tri clubs around the N.O. and Mandeville areas.  As well has some great races across the state.  Welcome to the board!
2004-08-06 9:43 AM

User image

Master
Pensacola, Fl
Well, I said I would come back with an update and with Jasmine's "official" intro, I thought it was as good as any for the update. Here is the info:

Name: Lane
Experience: Zero, nada, zip in Triathlons, but have completed 3 marathons.
Future Races: Destin Crab Trap 10/9/04
Blue Angel Marathon (Feb 05)
Memphis May Triathlon (May 05)
San Diego Rock-n-Roll Marathon (Jun 05)
Buffalo Springs Half-IM (June 05)
Ironman Florida (Nov 05)
Also add in a couple of local sprints and maybe a late summer olympic or another half-IM.

And yes...as probably all of you are thinking...that may be a bit much, but I tend do dive full in and not do anything half-way. I come from a very competitive background of sports my entire life. Took up running marathons back in 2001 with TEAM in Training running for the "cause" and in honor of a good friend of mine. Now unfortunatley I run in memory of her. I was looking back over some of our emails to each other and saw where I told her my next promise to her was to do a IM. Well, what better time than now?? Not that this is the only reason to do one, I have been hooked on "wanting" to do an IM for many of years since seeing one on TV years ago. Now it is time to start training for that goal!!! Thank goodness, I have a good background in swimming with my water survival training (kind of ironic now) in the Navy and my marathon running experience I have gained over the past years. I have stayed away from TRIs mainly becuase of the bike. Not that I don't know how, but because I didn't enjoy it. It is ironic now that the bike is what I am enjoying the most!!!

Lastly, I will end this long speech with a THANKS to all that contribute to the threads! All of your comments, help, motivation, etc. is greatly appreciated!!! And to ron and the others that contribute to the website...We are all indebted to each of you!! What a source to keep coming back to. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Hope to meet all you down the road!! First Guinness is on me!

Edited by Cavu9 2004-08-06 9:45 AM

2004-08-06 4:37 PM

User image

Veteran
Welcome to the site. Good luck with your training.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » TRI Newbie in New Orleans Rss Feed