General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Today - First post & First TRI Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-03-10 3:32 PM

New user

Oxford, FL
Subject: Today - First post & First TRI

Been lurking for a while getting reviews & advice...thank you to all for both.  I figured I'd wait to have actually survived an event before posting (

Completed my first event this morning (sprint in Clermont FL) and am registered for 2 olympic events in the next 60 days. 

I have a road cycling background, no racing but plenty of endurance events.  I started training for TRI on the urging of some friends.

The swim (62 degrees) nearly killed me even though I had a wetsuit.  I had plenty of time/distance in a heated pool which as you know (and now I do too) is no prep for group swim in open water. 

The bike was strong, definitely my best event.  Run was solid, a better time that I usually run 5K.

I guess now I know what to focus on in training. 

Looking forward to the benefit of more collective wisdom in the future, thanks again.

2013-03-11 1:17 PM
in reply to: #4653858

User image

Regular
Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Today - First post & First TRI
Congrats!  And welcome to the club.  Sounds like you showed extremely well for your first one.  Even with a 62 degree swim, you must be in a warm weather state.  Many happy returns!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Today - First post & First TRI Rss Feed