General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Marquee Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-03-17 4:11 PM

User image

Regular
Gold Canyon
Subject: Marquee Tri

I would like some advice on what kind of wetsuit I should get for the Marquee tri on April 14.  I am, also, going to do the Splash n Dash on the Thursday before that, so I am going to rent a wetsuit for the week to cover both.  I don't own a wetsuit yet,so I am going to do this to make sure the size is comfortable before I purchase one.  Now do you all think I should get a full-suit, sleeveless, the suit's that go to mid-thigh?  I do not know what to expect from the water at that time.  I tend to not like cold much, so I would be better off going with too much, rather than too little.

Thank You for any advice.

Mike

2013-03-17 6:01 PM
in reply to: #4663353

User image

Phoenix AZ
Subject: RE: Marquee Tri
GetWetInAZ - 2013-03-17 3:11 PM

I would like some advice on what kind of wetsuit I should get for the Marquee tri on April 14.  I am, also, going to do the Splash n Dash on the Thursday before that, so I am going to rent a wetsuit for the week to cover both.  I don't own a wetsuit yet,so I am going to do this to make sure the size is comfortable before I purchase one.  Now do you all think I should get a full-suit, sleeveless, the suit's that go to mid-thigh?  I do not know what to expect from the water at that time.  I tend to not like cold much, so I would be better off going with too much, rather than too little.

Thank You for any advice.

Mike

i raced marquee last year in a sleeveless wetsuit with no problem. i don't remember the water being particularly cold at all. the water temperature right now is 65 degrees. here's the site to check the temp:

http://www.tempe.gov/wx/townlake.aspx

if your rental includes 7 april, i am pretty sure wanna tri coaching has a clinic at saguaro lake. that would be another opportunity to try out the wetsuit. 

2013-03-18 5:38 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Scottsdale
I raced a sleeveless at Marquee last year, and a sleeveless at IM AZ this past November, and the water was fine for both.  But I prefer the sleeveless for shoulder freedom and transition - if you are less resistant to a little cold water, you might want the arm coverage of a full.  You'll see plenty of both types at the race.
2013-03-18 11:00 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ajo
I did sleeveless last year, I didn't have any problems with temps.  Good luck.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Marquee Tri Rss Feed