General Discussion Triathlon Talk » FTP test on TrainerRoad Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-03-19 8:53 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Villanova
Subject: FTP test on TrainerRoad

First off, another plug for TR.  Started using it in January and love it.   Completely new to training with power, virtual or otherwise, and excited about the possibilities it holds for my development. 

I did an FTP test this morning. Link here: http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/261045

FTP went from 218 to 247.  Here's my question.  

During the middle of my ride, my 3 year old son came up to the room to give me my keys.  (He likes to find things that are mom or dad's lying around the house and bring them to us).  I paused the ride for 30 secs because I didn't want him to close to the rear wheel.  

Should I adjust the FTP and LTHR values that TR gave me after the ride for my next round of training to account for this little break, or is that baked into the results given to me by TR?  IE take some watts off the FTP and add a beat or two to the LTHR?  Thanks for the feedback!

2013-03-19 8:59 AM
in reply to: #4665771

Veteran
Tennessee
Subject: RE: FTP test on TrainerRoad
I wouldn't worry about it. You could always retest if you wanted.
2013-03-19 9:17 AM
in reply to: #4665771

Subject: RE: FTP test on TrainerRoad

Trainer road with Hr?

if that is the case there will probably be a small variation between what you did and what it could be done without the pause. But HR is like that you will probably get lower numbers if you drink 3 coffes just before the test. Therefore, I wouldnt worry about it and continue with that FTP unless you feel that the following workouts are just impossible to do. Then you could either retest or adjust it a little.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » FTP test on TrainerRoad Rss Feed