General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman Wisconsin Volunteer supposed to open today? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-01 8:41 AM

User image

Subject: Ironman Wisconsin Volunteer supposed to open today?

I see that the volunteer is supposed to open 'around'  April 1, 2013... which is today.  Nothing is under the 'volunteer' tab as of yet.  Still says this:

Volunteer registration for 2013 will open around April 1, 2013. Please check back this spring for more details and website information. Again, thank you for making this a great event!

Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/ironman/wisconsin/volunteer.aspx#ixzz2PDdQ5pi2

Is this something I need to stalk to get in on, or if I miss the link to volunteering the day it opens, does the option to volunteer sell out in a day?

2013-04-01 9:15 AM
in reply to: #4681588

User image

Veteran
Denver
Subject: RE: Ironman Wisconsin Volunteer supposed to open today?
Noon local time seems to be the time that WTC goes by........but I'm no expert
2013-04-01 9:56 AM

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
I had the same problem registering to Volunteer for Ironman Mont Tremblant. They advised the volunteer registration would open on 3/25 and it would be through Facebook. I kept checking the FB page for IMMT and the IMMT website and nothing for 2 days. Turns out, they created a new FB page for volunteers but didnt put the link up anywhere. Also, I was able to find registration for Volunteers through www.ironman.com instead of Ironmanmonttremblant.com. I would suggest getting on www.ironman.com then clicking on the Wisconsin page, then when that is open, click on Volunteer and there would hopefully be a link. That is what worked for me and how I registered for IMMT. Good Luck
2013-04-01 10:05 AM

User image

Milwaukee

The site to volunteer for last year was:  http://volunteermadison.com/

Might want to check there as well.  When I looked there a few minutes ago, it said that the site is "currently be upgraded".  So they might be adding links, etc.

This is their facebook as well:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Volunteer-Madison/201165353243293

Edited by kskonkol 2013-04-01 10:08 AM
2013-04-01 12:43 PM
in reply to: #4681763

User image

Milwaukee
kskonkol - 2013-04-01 10:05 AM

The site to volunteer for last year was:  http://volunteermadison.com/

Might want to check there as well.  When I looked there a few minutes ago, it said that the site is "currently be upgraded".  So they might be adding links, etc.

This is their facebook as well:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Volunteer-Madison/201165353243293

Scratch all that.  

A friend just told me this is the link for 2013:  (I did verify it as well)

http://www.doitsports.com/volunteer2/jobs-by-date.tcl?event_id=214829

Edited by kskonkol 2013-04-01 12:49 PM
2013-04-01 2:35 PM

Chicago
Just registered to be a Finish Line Catcher from 8pm-midnight. 

2013-04-01 3:31 PM
in reply to: #4682195

User image

awesome thanks!!  Just signed up for timing recorder finish line 6 - 9pm!  thanks!

Edited by tarmac52 2013-04-01 3:33 PM
2013-04-02 1:40 PM
in reply to: #4682266

User image

Master
Crab Cake City

tarmac52 - 2013-04-01 4:31 PM awesome thanks!!  Just signed up for timing recorder finish line 6 - 9pm!  thanks!

Just a quick question, are you volunteering so that you can register the next day to race IMWI in 2014?? If so, you might want to contact the Volunteer Coordinator about your hours and make sure you will be able to register the next day. Most IM's have a minimum volunteer commitment of 4 hours to be able to register the next day to race the following year. I know that is what I was told for IMMT and some friends were told the same things for IMLP. If not, then no big deal and have fun volunteering!! I am sure everyone will appreciate you being out there on race day.

2013-04-02 1:55 PM
in reply to: #4683760

Chicago
dmbfan4life20 - 2013-04-02 1:40 PM

Just a quick question, are you volunteering so that you can register the next day to race IMWI in 2014?? If so, you might want to contact the Volunteer Coordinator about your hours and make sure you will be able to register the next day. Most IM's have a minimum volunteer commitment of 4 hours to be able to register the next day to race the following year. I know that is what I was told for IMMT and some friends were told the same things for IMLP. If not, then no big deal and have fun volunteering!! I am sure everyone will appreciate you being out there on race day.

My understanding was that it doesn't matter what you do, you just have to stay for the whole shift. That's the 1st I've heard of a time minimum from speaking with past volunteers. 

Edit: Here you go...

Q: How many hours do I have to volunteer in order to have priority registration?

A: While there is no specific minimum, you MUST complete the FULL shift that you signed up for. You will not be given your t-shirt until you show up on Sunday morning (or other shift prior to the race). There are no exceptions to this rule.

Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/ironman/wisconsin/volunteer.aspx#ixzz2PKlyP7Il

Edited by NewfangledDad 2013-04-02 1:59 PM
2013-04-02 7:42 PM

User image

Expert
so I figured I had lots of time to sign up to volunteer for florida, just looked online, not so much, volunteering is already open and most of the good jobs are taken.  hmmm... guess I won't volunteer.  We are planning on going there for vacation this november and potentially signing up for next year.  (don't want to commit to volunteering already as we will have a 3 month old on race day).
2013-04-02 8:42 PM
in reply to: #4683795

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
NewfangledDad - 2013-04-02 2:55 PM
dmbfan4life20 - 2013-04-02 1:40 PM

My understanding was that it doesn't matter what you do, you just have to stay for the whole shift. That's the 1st I've heard of a time minimum from speaking with past volunteers. 

Edit: Here you go...

Q: How many hours do I have to volunteer in order to have priority registration?

A: While there is no specific minimum, you MUST complete the FULL shift that you signed up for. You will not be given your t-shirt until you show up on Sunday morning (or other shift prior to the race). There are no exceptions to this rule.

Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/ironman/wisconsin/volunteer.aspx#ixzz2PKlyP7Il

Good to know. I know that IMMT told me that I needed to pull atleast a 4hr shift to be able to register the next morning. I guess each race is different.

2013-04-03 11:17 AM
in reply to: #4684340

Chicago

I was surprised with the variety of length for the volunteer shifts. Everything from 2 hours to 8 hours. Almost too many options...couldn't decide what I wanted to do! 4 hours seems about right, IMO. 

They do encourage you to take multiple shifts though. 

2013-04-03 11:58 AM

I volunteered last year and my shift was only 2 hours. I didn't have any issues with registering for this years race. I just kept my wristband on and wore my volunteer shirt
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman Wisconsin Volunteer supposed to open today? Rss Feed