General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to Tri and Looking for Friends/ Mentors! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-04 8:49 PM

Subject: New to Tri and Looking for Friends/ Mentors!
I'm just starting training for a triathlon. I am excited and motivated but would like to meet people who have some experience to talk to and maybe give me some tips on how to get started in this awesome sport! I also would love meeting people who are just getting into the sport as well and share my experiences as I get into triathlons. I hope to one day in the near future do an Ironman or at least a 70.3. I'm not really sure how to tackle training for such a feat but I'm starting by getting back into running. I'm unable to swim/bike for a few more weeks as I am in training for the military. Anyone who has anything they'd like to share or say I would love to talk!

2013-06-04 10:03 PM
in reply to: Zachary0125

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: New to Tri and Looking for Friends/ Mentors!
Zachary, welcome to the sport of Triathlon and BT. You will meet all level of triathlete on this site, who have knowledge at all distances. BT has a full list of free traning plans for you to use, and you are always well to ask questions in the forum. Alot of questions you have can likely be answered by performing a search through the site also. Again Welcome and there are still several Mentor Groups open, one of which is for beginners.
2013-06-08 7:48 PM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

Thanks! I am exited to learn and get into the sport. I'm also trying to get my wife to do it with me but we'll see.
2013-06-08 9:14 PM
in reply to: Zachary0125

User image

Regular
Morton IL
Welcome. Where are you from? I am fairly new but have found lots of help, training, and support in a local tri club. If you dont have one local they can be hiding in bike and run clubs also. I have personally found the support, advice, and pace of group workouts very helpful.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to Tri and Looking for Friends/ Mentors! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

New friends ... New adventures

Started by longrun26
Views: 602 Posts: 2

2012-01-29 9:40 AM TriAya

any new mentor groups?

Started by gzh6464
Views: 1263 Posts: 4

2015-04-16 7:19 AM Ron

New to tri, looking for a relatively cheap bike, but goody

Started by morton101
Views: 977 Posts: 3

2013-06-08 11:13 PM FastFish26

W Michigan -1st tri planned in Aug-Looking for easier swim tri's

Started by anadeaa
Views: 821 Posts: 5

2009-05-22 12:08 PM McFuzz

Looking for New Triathletes in New Orleans Area

Started by TriItNow2007
Views: 716 Posts: 2

2007-02-14 11:22 PM madkat
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 17, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 13
I have pedals with the cage and when I ride 2+ hours my legs feel much more tired then if I took out my husband's bike with clipless pedals. Do clipless pedals truly make the difference?
date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.
date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.

date : February 28, 2005
author : trithis
comments : 1
Triathletes taking the opportunity to reconginze the support of their family, friends and the love of their sports