General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need a New Tri Shirt Rec. Tight but not too tight... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-24 7:42 PM

Subject: Need a New Tri Shirt Rec. Tight but not too tight...
I had a Pearl Izumi shirt that once wet, just sucked I air while in aero on the bike. Went to a 2xu compression Tri shirt that stays tight on the chest when wet and does not catch air in aero position...but it's just too tight on the run. So tight it seems to restrict my breathing. I actually had to remove during the run yesterday at a sprint.

I am looking for a snug shirt that might stay high around the neck so it does not catch the air or sag in aero position. What do you use that works well?

2013-06-24 8:02 PM
in reply to: Nhmountainman

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
Subject: RE: Need a New Tri Shirt Rec. Tight but not too tight...
Not a top but a suit - Kiwami Amphibian is a fantastic race day suit and I've never had an issue with it being loose enough to parachute or so tight it was uncomfortable on the run.

Shane
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need a New Tri Shirt Rec. Tight but not too tight... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

tight off the bike, getting tighter in the run

Started by userlocation
Views: 707 Posts: 2

2012-05-25 8:19 AM BooTri

How tight is 'tight' ?

Started by 1ejp
Views: 2592 Posts: 15

2011-04-20 5:46 PM willknip

How tight is too tight?

Started by Du To Tri
Views: 2320 Posts: 12

2010-12-10 5:16 PM ell-in-or

How tight is too tight

Started by MrSolis
Views: 2132 Posts: 18

2008-06-02 9:47 AM dlb3830

New wetsuit, how tight should the neck be?

Started by dodgersmom
Views: 1300 Posts: 2

2007-03-20 8:59 AM Jimsoucie
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 17, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I can run and swim with no problems but when I get on the bike my hamstring starts to tighten up. I had my bike fitted in January and the problem seemed fine until I got out on the roads recently.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mrakes1
I usually have at least one workout per day, sometimes two or three, but I spend about all in-between time eating. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing weight either. Should I be concerned?
date : January 5, 2009
author : AMSSM
When I was only a runner, I didn't have this issue. But now, going into my third year as a triathlete, my calves and occasionally my Achilles are tight and painful throughout most of my mileage.

date : October 15, 2008
At about the 1/2 mile mark my left soleus becomes extremely tight and painful. The pain then progresses into my left arch and then into my left knee.
date : August 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
I'm doing my first tri Saturday. It starts at 7 AM and the forecast is calling for a high of 82 (air temp). Do I need to rush out and get a wetsuit?

date : March 6, 2008
Often pain occurs with the first steps of the day or at the beginning of a run when that tight fascia gets stretched and microtears occur. But pain can also develop with prolonged standing and worsen.
date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.

date : January 2, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on sprint swim overdistance training, strength training, recovery after a marathon, core work importance, tight calves with new running gait and importance of a tri bike for an Ironman.