General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Busted hip, so why not try tri? Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-15 2:53 PM

User image

Subject: Busted hip, so why not try tri?
Hi everyone!

I am an injured marathon/half-marathon runner recovering from hip surgery. Now that I am back on two feet and cleared to exercise, I've spent a lot of time aqua-jogging and *finally* learned how to swim for real. That got me thinking, "Why not do a triathlon?" I've completed a few duathlons; the missing link was the swimming, and I'm working on that.

Just volunteered at Ironman WI last weekend. I've caught Ironman fever! Maybe, someday, I could also be an Ironman? I think I'll keep working on my rehab, do some shorter distance races and make the half-iron my long-term goal. Five years ago I said I would NEVER run a marathon. I've run 3, almost 5 (injuries kept me from starting and finishing a couple). The lesson I learned is never say never.

When I am not training, I'm teaching middle school, being a wife and a chauffeur to a busy kid. This site will be a great resource for me as I take on new challenges and give my running legs a new kind of workout.

Cheers,
Jenni

2013-09-15 6:16 PM
in reply to: GimpyRUNR

User image

Master
White Oak, Texas
Subject: RE: Busted hip, so why not try tri?
Welcome to BT
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Busted hip, so why not try tri? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Newbie trying to not get ripped off

Started by sllimka
Views: 832 Posts: 5

2012-09-07 7:29 AM sllimka

trying not to lurk

Started by emalcon
Views: 653 Posts: 3

2012-06-15 9:23 AM tuwood

Why not tri?

Started by rwolf
Views: 1001 Posts: 5

2011-03-04 12:25 PM rwolf

big guy trying not to be so much of a big guy

Started by salleytl
Views: 895 Posts: 5

2009-01-07 11:31 AM lkagop

So I figured, why not?

Started by berkfun
Views: 600 Posts: 4

2006-03-27 6:13 AM berkfun
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 15, 2013
author : writingrunner
comments : 1
The science behind the reasons that triathlons make us feel so good.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
I usually have at least one workout per day, sometimes two or three, but I spend about all in-between time eating. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing weight either. Should I be concerned?
date : December 19, 2008
author : AMSSM
My right knee has a pain in the front, just below the kneecap. I walked 24 miles of IM Louisville. No pain while walking but it started immediately when trying to run.

date : January 14, 2008
I have noticed an occasional pain in my left hip flexor. The pain is most noticeable when running uphill. Is there a way to fix the problem without taking time off from training?
date : January 3, 2008
Hip or pelvic pain is a common complaint for runners and can range from severe problems, such as stress fractures or arthritis, to mild problems, such as muscle strains or bursitis.

date : November 19, 2007
author : CyndiPPF
So here I was, a hard-working, respectable, just-turned-forty-six-year-old, who never considered herself athletic, lining up in my swim cap and goggles for my first triathlon.
date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.

date : September 10, 2004
author : steve
The reason that I wanted to complete a triathlon is because I was watching one on TV and said to myself, "I'll bet I can do one of those".