General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bike seat adjustment problem! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-07-28 10:45 AM

User image

Expert
Shelby Twp
Subject: bike seat adjustment problem!
So i thought i had myself in a pretty good position, then over the weekend at my race, the seat post came a little loose, twisted, and fell down a little. i had to quickly try and correct on the course, and then yesterday i wnet out for a long ride, and spent the first 10 miles readjusting everything to try and get it back to where i was before. Well, i thought i did, legs and knees felt good again, etc, but then my back just started killing me. Either i was tired, or i dont have it back to readjusted as much as i thought. Any suggestions on moving it around again for the back pain? If it doesnt work, i'll take it back in for a fit.

2006-07-28 10:47 AM
in reply to: #496028

User image

Pro
Reston
Subject: RE: bike seat adjustment problem!

kellc09 - 2006-07-28 11:45 AM So i thought i had myself in a pretty good position, then over the weekend at my race, the seat post came a little loose, twisted, and fell down a little. i had to quickly try and correct on the course, and then yesterday i wnet out for a long ride, and spent the first 10 miles readjusting everything to try and get it back to where i was before. Well, i thought i did, legs and knees felt good again, etc, but then my back just started killing me. Either i was tired, or i dont have it back to readjusted as much as i thought. Any suggestions on moving it around again for the back pain? If it doesnt work, i'll take it back in for a fit.

i'd go to the LBS. 

unless you have a big mirror to put the bike next to on a trainer while you are moving things around, you aren't going to be able to "see" what you look like on the bike.  and what feels good for 30 seconds probably won't still feel good after 30 miles, so you may never get it right.

2006-07-28 10:49 AM
in reply to: #496028

User image

Expert
Shelby Twp
Subject: RE: bike seat adjustment problem!
thats what i suspected.. stop tweeking myself! sucks it was all set though, yeah next time i'll mark.. i know
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bike seat adjustment problem! Rss Feed