General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to Ironman, not new to Triathlons Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-11-30 8:48 PM

Subject: New to Ironman, not new to Triathlons
I will be doing my first 70.3 in March. I started doing triathlons at age 21. I grew up in San Diego, but I had no idea of the history the sport had here until I stumbled upon it in 2010 with my first sprint. I've always been a runner and I have completed several half-marathons or shorter and 2 full marathons. In the world of triathlon I have finished sprint and international distances. I am in the process of training for my longest tri to date, the Half-Ironman. Though I am not new to this sport per-say, coming into this new distance makes me feel inexperienced.

2013-12-04 7:53 AM
in reply to: clumsyrunner14

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: New to Ironman, not new to Triathlons

Going from Olympic to HIM is a big jump in both training and time.  It sounds like you have a great base though.  What race are you doing?

2013-12-25 9:47 PM
in reply to: Ron

Subject: RE: New to Ironman, not new to Triathlons
Oceanside 70.3 (and maybe Lake Stevens later in the year...)
I've been thinking about it for a while. Running and swimming are not new to me but cycling is like a foreign language. I spent a lot of last year trying to get a cyclist mindset because it is probably my biggest weakness.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to Ironman, not new to Triathlons Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

New to Board, not new to triathlon

Started by Daffodil
Views: 1055 Posts: 2

2009-09-06 7:49 AM kcassiday

New to Tri's not new to Exercise

Started by jhyz
Views: 991 Posts: 3

2008-09-02 2:28 PM jhyz

Not new to TRI, new to the board

Started by NavyTRIChief
Views: 1050 Posts: 4

2008-01-30 7:52 AM Ron

New to Tri's, Not new to competition

Started by backfromarun
Views: 1021 Posts: 4

2007-08-05 1:28 PM xraymenow

new, but not new

Started by gsulee
Views: 765 Posts: 5

2004-08-13 2:07 PM usarocks
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : December 11, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 6
I just finished the NYC marathon on Sunday and I think I'm going to venture into triathlons. I am doing an Olympic distance and I want to do a 70.3 next year too. Any advice?

date : February 23, 2009
author : mrakes1
I usually have at least one workout per day, sometimes two or three, but I spend about all in-between time eating. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing weight either. Should I be concerned?
date : December 27, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 5
Are you a new swimmer starting your triathlon training? Here are some top answers to member questions as you begin your triathlon swim training.

date : May 20, 2008
author : mikericci
I just finished my first Ironman - New Zealand, sub 12 hours. I am looking to improve my performance through training but wondering what equipment would help me towards a better performance?
date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.

date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.