BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 17

2013-12-18 11:04 AM

User image

Pro
Wisconsin near the Twin Cities metro
Subject: Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN)

GROUP FOCUS: I invite folks wanting just GENERAL guidance but would also welcome more experienced athletes that want to take the plunge into LONG COURSE racing 

NAME: Birkierunner  -  Jim Kelley  

STORY: I’m a 53 year old wildlife biologist that has been involved with endurance sports for over 35 years. In high school I was co-captain of the x-c team, ski team, and track team. After racing in college a little bit I spent many years just doing maintenance running mileage with no racing goals in mind, with an occasional 10k – I basically wasted my 20s and 30s as far as competing. A friend of mine convinced me to race the 51 km American Birkebeiner x-c ski race in 1997 and that is when my endurance racing kicked back into high gear. I ran my first marathon in 1998, and qualified for and ran Boston in 1999. I’ve done a ton of road racing over the years, 10 marathons, with 8 of them being sub-3 hours (2:51 PR), one 50 mile and one 50k ultra. I still race x-c skiing in the winter. I got a little bored with marathons, and did my first triathlon (Olympic) in 2005 (actually podium-ed in my AG on the first try!). I followed that up with a half-ironman a month later and did Ironman Wisconsin the next year. I'm focusing on Ironman racing now and have managed to complete 7 of them so far with a recent 10:20 PR in November 2013.  I’ve been fortunate to be able to compete at a fairly high level even at the ripe old age of 53.

FAMILY STATUS: "Single" but in a relationship for 2.5 years with a woman that has a 5-year old so I'm familiar with the challenges of training while considering family time.

CURRENT TRAINING: My training that past few years has been focused primarily on the Ironman distance but I race frequently at the Olympic and half-ironman distance.

THIS YEAR'S RACES: I raced Ironman Mont-Tremblant in August (DNF) and Ironman Arizona (10:20; 6th AG) in November 2013. 

2014 RACES:  Local races plus Ironman 70.3 Mont-Tremblant (June) and Ironman Mont-Tremblant (Aug).

WEIGHTLOSS: Weight loss has not been an issue for me. 

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR:  After being involved with endurance sports for so many years I think I’ve experienced it all…training, racing, injuries, success, disappointments (sometimes huge), time management, coping with lots of business travel, etc. Hopefully my experiences can benefit someone that is just starting out, or someone who has some experience but wants to get to the next level. I am a certified USAT Level I Coach and I’m an Associate Coach with E3 Training Systems. I have been a BT mentor several times in the past and have found that the group’s success depends entirely on how much the members participate.

Edited by Birkierunner 2013-12-18 11:07 AM

2013-12-21 3:09 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lakeland
Subject: RE: Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN)

My name is Roy I would like to join your group. I have been a mentor in the past and have really enjoyed the experience. My daughter age 23 and I (55) are doing IMTX in May it will be our first. Been in the sport since 2006 and have done all of the distances except IM. I have 3 marathons in the bank 3:59 is my pr. I think being apart of a long course group will be a great benefit. We are about to complete the first 10 wk block of Finks plan. I'm healthy, weight is in order and wanting to have the best experience I can have with my daughter. I'll send a better bio.

Edited by tri/tbay 2013-12-21 6:16 PM
2013-12-22 10:03 AM
in reply to: Birkierunner

User image

Champion
Out running or enjoying a fine glass of red...
Can I get in? I'm Kristen, did my first 70.3 last year and am planning IM-Louisville for this year. I'll get a more complete intro up soon. Thanks!
2013-12-22 10:58 AM
in reply to: enders_shadow

User image

Pro

Welcome Kristen and Roy!  Things are a little hectic with Christmas in a few days but we can certainly start asking questions or start discussions.  I'll keep the group open for quite a while to let sufficient people in.  I look forward to working with you over the next few months!

2013-12-22 1:06 PM

I started swiming Februrary 2013. In April I did my first sprint Triathlon. I have since completed a total of seven sprint triathlons and two olympic distance races. 2014 will be my introduction to Long course triathlons. I have signed up for a couple of 70.3 and I need guidance.
2013-12-23 7:47 AM
in reply to: Tsitsi

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Tsitsi I started swiming Februrary 2013. In April I did my first sprint Triathlon. I have since completed a total of seven sprint triathlons and two olympic distance races. 2014 will be my introduction to Long course triathlons. I have signed up for a couple of 70.3 and I need guidance.

Welcome!  Tell us a little more about yourself and your family situation and if you don't mind your first name - thanks

2013-12-23 8:37 AM

User image

Hi Jim,
I'd like to re up with you again if that is o.k. Maybe I feel most comfortable with a fellow cheesehead? Or maybe I'm drawn to your moviestar persona (the distance)?

Name: Trei/ Todd

Story: ran my first marathon in 2011 to cross it off my "bucket list". Then saw an inspirational speaker at a conference I attended that had finished Ironman Wisconsin, so decided that would be my next goal. Wasn't sure about the swim, but found I could "muddle" through it. Began triathlon in 2012 with a sprint, olympic and finished with Ironman Racine 70.3. Got myself signed up for Ironman WI in 2013. Repeated the sequence in 2013 and finished Ironman Wisconsin in just under 13 hours (with my second fastest marathon - which I was super happy about). To be honest now I could take triathlon or leave it. I'm like that... bounce from getting really into something for awhile and then doing something totally different, but I do like the fitness level it keeps me in. Bottom line: I would love to be able to do what you do Jim in ten years also (I'm 43).

Family Status: Married 17 years with two preteens (one boy, one girl). My wife has not been entirely supportive (but honestly, I have not been able to be as supportive of her during all my training for Ironman) She did her first triathlon last summer and she is joining me for more this coming season, so it will be nice to be together through the process

Current training: Just trying to maintain over the winter, but lets be honest thats kind of like the prevent defense in football - it doesn't prevent anything and the maintenance period doesn't really maintain. Maybe call it an extended active recovery?? Will start a real training program in a couple weeks although it will be paired down from the previous two years as I only have one long distance race planned.

2014 Races planned: Got Energy sprint Triathlon in West Salem, REV 3 Olympic triathlon in WI Dells, Door County HIM, Point to LaPointe 2.1 mile swim and Porcupine Mountains Trail Marathon

Weight loss: I whittled myself down to 165 for Ironman Wisconsin - am now back to 180 (what was I saying about maintaining??). I'd like to get back down to 165 by the Door County HIM, but I'm not really worried about it. Also, I tend to lean heavily toward being plant powered. My mother calls me a dirty vegan because I will occasionally dabble in the animal kingdom.

2013-12-23 8:45 AM
in reply to: trei

User image

Pro

Todd, great to have you back for Round #2.  Yeah, I've gotten a lot of mileage out of that 5 second cameo lol !!

2013-12-23 9:22 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lakeland

Thanks Jim, looking foward to this.

Story: I really got into the sport as a way to help my then 16yr old daughter begin her career in triathlon. She is/was a swimmer but didn't know anything about riding and running so old dad took up the challenge and we've both been at ever since. I'm a life long golfer but have not really played much in the past few years which is OK my choice. I"m 55 and still very much enjoying being fit and as healthy as I can be.

Family: Married 31 yrs, two daughters 25 & 23, the youngest one is who I'll be doing IMTX with. My wife is a great cheerleader and she always enjoy's our day at the races.

Training: Currently have begun to train for IMTX, using Don Finks Be Iron Fit program. Following the Intermediate program. This fits me to a tee, I'm a very time crunched athlete my only time to train is in the afternoon/evenings and weekends. Even my weekends need to be modified at times.

Weight: Fortunately this has never been a real issue for me I"m 6"1 and currently 168lbs. My wife and i did change our diets about 3 months ago and I did drop 10lbs which is what I was looking for. A more plant based diet now.

2013 Races: Blarney Sprint Triathlon, pool swim event 2nd AG, St. Anthony's finished 29 in AG qualified for nationals by percentile finish(did not go), Heartland Sprint 6th, Scenic 17 Sprint 4th and Longleaf Oly 3rd

2014: Blarney Sprint, Florida Challenge HIM(march event 8 weeks from IMTX), IMTX, Heartland Sprint, Scenic 17 Sprint and Longleaf Oly

2013-12-23 11:28 AM
in reply to: tri/tbay

User image

Champion
And here's my bio:

NAME: Enders_Shadow, a/k/a Kristen

STORY: I'm a busy working wife and mom. I started triathlons (and joined BT) back in 2007 and had a couple of good years. Then I got hurt, got depressed, and got fat...pretty much did nothing for a year. Starting at the end of 2011, I started running again. Ran through 2012 until October 2012, when I finally got back into triathlons. I started 2013 with the hare-brained idea that I would do a HIM - successfully completed in September 2013! Now I'm starting 2014...actually ending 2013...with the even crazier-bat-winged idea that I will do an IM in 2014. IM-Louisville, here I come!

FAMILY STATUS: Married, 2 kids (aged almost 9 and 11). One kidlet is a travel soccer player, the other is on a youth tri team. No, I have no spare time (except to play on BT)! (I also have a stupid dog...)

CURRENT TRAINING: I'm currently in maintenance mode between my last 1/2 Mary of 2013 (in November) and the beginning of my training plan on January 12. I'll be doing BT's 20-week HIM plan to Raleigh, followed by the 12-week Bridge to IM to Louisville. My big races for 2014 include a fullmarathon in March, Raleigh 70.3 in June, Muncie 70.3 in July, and IM-Louisville in August. My full race schedule is in my training log...and is ever growing at this point. Yikes!

WEIGHTLOSS: I started 2013 at just under 190 pounds and started eating clean. And magic - the weight started coming off. I've been hanging between 150 and 160 for the last 6 months or so. I'd hoped to be below 150 to start 2014, but that isn't going to happen. My weight loss goals for 2014 are to get back on track eating clean...the holiday season has been a real beast for me!...and get to a fighting weight of 140-145 for my IM. Don't want to be dragging too much junk in my trunk up the hills in Raleigh or Louisville!
2013-12-23 8:06 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Hey Jim, I’d like to re-up with your group if you still have room.

NAME: Scott K.

BIO:

55 Y.O. Male, married, 2 "little ones," 5 grand-kids (would've had the grand-kids first if we'd known how much fun they are!)

STORY:

I started swimming competitively when I was 11 and swam all through high-school and college. I was a world class swimmer in the late 70's and early 80's. I held a world record at one point, albeit for about 20 minutes, but it was a world record nonetheless (I set the record in a semi-final and it was broken in the next semi-final). Back in those days, an amateur was an amateur so as a swimmer, unless you were independently wealthy, you really only had one shot at the Olympics. After the 1980 U.S. Olympic debacle my swimming career began to wind down and in 1982 I finally retired from competitive swimming. That was, coincidentally, the same year my Ironman dream started. I suspect that many of you can trace the genesis of your own Ironman dreams to the same moment - Julie Moss on her hands and knees, crawling across the finish line in Kona. In my mind, that was, and continues to be, the epitome of athletic achievement. I immediately knew I wanted to do an Ironman. However, the sad reality was that I had spent 5-8 hours a day in a pool, seven days a week, 365 days a year, for over a decade, and the thought of going back to full time training was not very appealing. On top of that, I had another problem - running and I had never really been friends. The Ironman has that little marathon thing at the end and that simply terrified me. A couple decades later, I found myself over one-hundred pounds overweight, and I couldn't run 100 yards, let alone a marathon. Although I didn't move to fulfill my Ironman dream, I did tell anyone who would listen that, "I could do an Ironman." Then a couple years ago, I went to a client's house and there on the wall of his home office was a picture of him crossing the finish line in Kona. Of course, my first comment was, "I could have done that!" After a year of him hearing about how I could have done that, he finally called me out in May 2012. He basically said, "Your going to go to your grave saying you could have done it, or you can do it." He then challenged me to join him at the Ironman World Championships in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii on October 11, 2014. After a grueling two weeks of researching everything Ironman, including how to qualify for Kona, I finally accepted his challenge.

GOALS:

1. Ironman World Championships - Kailua-Kona, Hawaii - October 11, 2014

WEIGHT-LOSS:

1. Started a weight loss program in May, 2012. Was at 297.6 pounds when I started. Graduated high-school at 180 pounds, college at 200 pounds. Want to get down to that range. Target is 200. I have lost roughly 75 pounds so far. Started out using the Atkins diet plan and have modified that as I started training.

UPCOMING RACES:

1. Entered in Indy-500 Half Marathon 05/14.
2. Entered in Ironman Louisville 08/14.
3. Ironman Kona 10/14?

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MEMBER:

Having competed at a world class level for several years, I vividly recall the pressure and nerves you experience at a high level competition. Plus I have a pretty good understanding of swimming and proper technique. That is experience I look forward to sharing with anyone interested.

I may not be the most competitive person you have ever met, but I will settle for being the second most competitive person you have ever met.
I have this theory, if you aren't going to be the best you can be, why try at all? That theory tends to be contagious and will spur others to higher achievement.

Most importantly, I know my limitations. I know I have returned to training after a very long "retirement." I know that I am no longer the 20-something world class athlete of the past (I acknowledge my body is older, but beyond that, I think being a world class athlete is largely a state of mind). I know training techniques have changed dramatically in the past decades and I know there are many people here with far more knowledge than I have. I anxiously look forward to hearing their expertise.

Edited for punctuation.   (Really!  I are a callage gratueight!!!)

Edited by k9car363 2013-12-25 11:10 AM

2013-12-23 9:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
Hello My name is Scott Holt and I would like to join if possible. I am a 41 yr old married father of four. I live in Central Washington and have done several yrs of triathlons but they have mostly been short. This year I signed up for Ironman Canada and it will be my first iron distance.
2013-12-24 9:31 AM
in reply to: k9car363

User image

Pro

Originally posted by k9car363

Hey Jim, I’d like to re-up with your group if you still have room.

NAME: Scott K.

BIO:

55 Y.O. Male, married, 2 "little ones," 5 grand-kids (would've had the grand-kids first if we'd known how much fun they are!)

STORY:

I started swimming competitively when I was 11 and swam all through high-school and college. I was a world class swimmer in the late 70's and early 80's. I held a world record at one point, albeit for about 20 minutes, but it was a world record nonetheless (I set the record in a semi-final and it was broken in the next semi-final). Back in those days, an amateur was an amateur so as a swimmer, unless you were independently wealthy, you really only had one shot at the Olympics. After the 1980 U.S. Olympic debacle my swimming career began to wind down and in 1982 I finally retired from competitive swimming. That was, coincidentally, the same year my Ironman dream started. I suspect that many of you can trace the genesis of your own Ironman dreams to the same moment - Julie Moss on her hands and knees, crawling across the finish line in Kona. In my mind, that was, and continues to be, the epitome of athletic achievement. I immediately knew I wanted to do an Ironman. However, the sad reality was that I had spent 5-8 hours a day in a pool, seven days a week, 365 days a year, for over a decade, and the thought of going back to full time training was not very appealing. On top of that, I had another problem - running and I had never really been friends. The Ironman has that little marathon thing at the end and that simply terrified me. A couple decades later, I found myself over one-hundred pounds overweight, and I couldn't run 100 yards, let alone a marathon. Although I didn't move to fulfill my Ironman dream, I did tell anyone who would listen that, "I could do an Ironman." Then a couple years ago, I went to a client's house and there on the wall of his home office was a picture of him crossing the finish line in Kona. Of course, my first comment was, "I could have done that!" After a year of him hearing about how I could have done that, he finally called me out in May 2012. He basically said, "Your going to go to your grave saying you could have done it, or you can do it." He then challenged me to join him at the Ironman World Championships in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii on October 11, 2014. After a grueling two weeks of researching everything Ironman, including how to qualify for Kona, I finally accepted his challenge.

GOALS:

1. Ironman World Championships - Kailua-Kona, Hawaii - October 11, 2014

Hi Scott...I was actually going to send you a PM to ask if you would participate in my group again this year.  I think your vast swim experience will be a great asset to everyone!!!  Looking forward to watching your journey to Kona!

2013-12-24 9:34 AM
in reply to: holt1997

User image

Pro

Originally posted by holt1997 Hello My name is Scott Holt and I would like to join if possible. I am a 41 yr old married father of four. I live in Central Washington and have done several yrs of triathlons but they have mostly been short. This year I signed up for Ironman Canada and it will be my first iron distance.

Welcome Scott!!!  I did IM Canada when it was at the old venue in Penticton...it was epic.  I hope to race the new course at Whistler sometime soon.  Feel free to start asking any questions (general or IM) that you might have.  Glad to have you join us!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!  Let's make 2014 a great one.

2013-12-24 10:49 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
Hi Jim (and group) Thank you for letting me in. Probably my biggest question and concern for a full IM is nutrition. I don't want to bonk or under prepare. I also know there are a lot of ins and outs to consider. I also know this is not going to be a simple quick fix or answer but is a discussion I would love to have. I did a 70.3 at Lake Stevens and didn't have any nutritional issues but adding that much distance again could be challenging.
2013-12-24 1:25 PM

User image

Champion
Originally posted by holt1997

Hi Jim (and group) Thank you for letting me in. Probably my biggest question and concern for a full IM is nutrition. I don't want to bonk or under prepare. I also know there are a lot of ins and outs to consider. I also know this is not going to be a simple quick fix or answer but is a discussion I would love to have. I did a 70.3 at Lake Stevens and didn't have any nutritional issues but adding that much distance again could be challenging.

Full IM nutrition is a big question for me too - definitely want in on the discussion. For my 70.3 this fall, I didn't follow my eating plan...didn't suffer any consequences, but I realized I was way under-nourished after the bike...the opposite of what I should have been.

2013-12-24 1:44 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by holt1997 Hi Jim (and group) Thank you for letting me in. Probably my biggest question and concern for a full IM is nutrition. I don't want to bonk or under prepare. I also know there are a lot of ins and outs to consider. I also know this is not going to be a simple quick fix or answer but is a discussion I would love to have. I did a 70.3 at Lake Stevens and didn't have any nutritional issues but adding that much distance again could be challenging.

Great topic - IM nutrition   I'll do a write-up soon on my recent nutrition plan at IM Arizona last month and compare it to my past experiences that didn't go so well.

2013-12-24 8:08 PM
in reply to: #4915070

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lakeland
Nothing technical here, just wishing you all a Merry CHRISTMAS!
2013-12-24 8:52 PM
in reply to: tri/tbay

User image

Anyone actually planning on training on Christmas? I was thinking of getting a short trainer ride in, but if the weather is right I might just hit the ski hill instead. Have a good one!
Scott, I'm also glad you are back and still on the Kona path. Your swimming input has helped. I can't say I'm doing it correctly, but at least I understand how I should be doing it!
Todd
2013-12-25 11:06 AM
in reply to: trei

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Originally posted by trei

Hi Jim, I'd like to re up with you again if that is o.k. 

Hey Todd! Good to "see" you again.  Looking forward to 'round two.'

2013-12-25 11:29 AM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate this day.  Look forward to getting to know all the new folks and reacquainting with the returning folks.

2013-12-25 6:43 PM
in reply to: k9car363

User image

Champion
I trained today - got a cadence/speed sensor for my bike so I set that up and joined trainerroad.com. Did an hour long (2x8 minute FTP test). Yikes.

Excited to do some (virtual) power training.
2013-12-25 10:00 PM

User image

Mckinney, Texas
Aloha Jim,

I would like to be included in your group.

My name is Caje (pronounced Cage) is the short version for Cajetan. I have just pretty much been doing maintenance running since I became married, doing the occasional 5k, 10k, etc. with the wife, increasing my mileage during the summer because it's just what I've been used to. I would swim for crosstraining on-and-off for years (although with no real training, just trying). Recently have been taking lessons with a swim coach and improved my technique greatly. Active in the race scene in my area, well behind the scenes, participating in organizing the races etc. Volunteered last year with a friend at a sprint triathlon and got the bug...and decided to do a Ironman in 2014, the year I turn 40!

Family Status: Married for 7 years with a 6 year old boy, a 3 year old boy, and our 20 month old lil'princess...and a Golden Retriever.

Current Training: Since I decided to do this, I've been swimming 3-4 times a week along with a run before I hit the pool (3-5 miles). Got a bike and started getting familiar with it, joined trainerroad.com and plan to start incorporating an hour long ride x2 a week.

This Year Races: Did a couple of 5k's and a 1/2 Marathon with the wife.

2014 Races: Muncie May Triathlon (Olympic), Ironman 70.3 Racine (July), and Ironman Florida (November)

Weight Loss: Not really an issue since I became motivated to train!

2013-12-26 9:28 AM
in reply to: elppaym

User image

Pro

Originally posted by elppaym Aloha Jim, I would like to be included in your group. My name is Caje (pronounced Cage) is the short version for Cajetan. I have just pretty much been doing maintenance running since I became married, doing the occasional 5k, 10k, etc. with the wife, increasing my mileage during the summer because it's just what I've been used to. I would swim for crosstraining on-and-off for years (although with no real training, just trying). Recently have been taking lessons with a swim coach and improved my technique greatly. Active in the race scene in my area, well behind the scenes, participating in organizing the races etc. Volunteered last year with a friend at a sprint triathlon and got the bug...and decided to do a Ironman in 2014, the year I turn 40! Family Status: Married for 7 years with a 6 year old boy, a 3 year old boy, and our 20 month old lil'princess...and a Golden Retriever. Current Training: Since I decided to do this, I've been swimming 3-4 times a week along with a run before I hit the pool (3-5 miles). Got a bike and started getting familiar with it, joined trainerroad.com and plan to start incorporating an hour long ride x2 a week. This Year Races: Did a couple of 5k's and a 1/2 Marathon with the wife. 2014 Races: Muncie May Triathlon (Olympic), Ironman 70.3 Racine (July), and Ironman Florida (November) Weight Loss: Not really an issue since I became motivated to train!

Welcome to the group Cage!  You'll like the venue at Racine...I've done it many times - including when it was the Spirit of Racine half before it become an Mdot 70.3 race.  Looking forward to having you with us for 2014!

2013-12-27 8:42 AM

User image

Regular
Chicago, Illinois
Jim, I would like to join if there is still room.

NAME: Antwonathon - Anthony

STORY: I’m a nearly 28 year old structural engineer. I started endurance sports in 2010 when I began training for a half marathon with my wife (then girlfriend). Things were tough starting out. 3 miles seemed like an eternity, and I hated nearly every second of it. After completing 2 HMs that summer, I was starting to think about triathlons. I enjoyed the endurance part of running, but I needed some variety in my workouts because running was just getting boring. We ran a marathon together in 2011 which did not go well because I got injured and didn't train much. In 2012 I bought a bike and have been enjoying triathlons ever since. I did one sprint race in 2012 which went well considering my swimming is abysmal. Last year I moved up to the Olympic distance which is a lot of fun. This year my goal is to finish a HIM. I hear this is quite a different animal compared to Olympic and Sprint distances, and that is part of the intrigue for me. It sounds like there is a lot of experience here – especially in the long course, so I’m hoping I can soak in a lot of information.

FAMILY STATUS: Married for two years. No children, just lots of plants which only require limited attention so I have plenty of time for training.

CURRENT TRAINING: I started training a couple weeks ago. I’m starting with an Olympic plan to get a good base, and then I plan to graduate up to the HIM plan.

THIS YEAR'S RACES: I raced REV3 Knoxville and the Chicago Lifetime Tri. Knoxville went well. Chicago was a learning experience in dealing with the heat and hydration.

2014 RACES: I want to race a bunch more this year. Right now I have Ironman 70.3 Racine (July 20th) and Chicago Lifetime Tri (Aug 24th) in the plans. I also plan on racing some local Olymipc distance races over the summer.

WEIGHTLOSS: A few pounds, but normally weight takes care of itself once I get into training mode.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I love the sport of triathlon and learning. As I jump into a new distance, I will have many new questions to ask. I also enjoy sending out electronic encouragements to my fellow group members and the encouragement I get in return from just being in a group and reading about everyone’s training and races.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Rss Feed  

of 17

RELATED POSTS

Triguys Tri Team (all levels welcome) - CLOSED SORRY Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by triguy1043
Views: 18072 Posts: 190

2014-04-02 11:34 AM lsousa

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Winter Group version 3-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75

Started by slornow
Views: 60088 Posts: 1862

2014-05-16 5:48 PM GoldenSprocket

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 26, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Highlights of Beginner Triathlete Members at the Ironman World Championships

date : October 7, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 1
A look at Beginner Triathlete members racing in Kona from qualifying to training to family.
date : March 27, 2012
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
It's a lot easier to be really fit and fast than really healthy and happy.

date : September 15, 2011
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : August 8, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on race day weakness, long course nutrition, RPE on race day and the key to a successful Ironman marathon

date : August 7, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
You can practice several things like bi-lateral breathing, sight less and use long strokes to help you swim straight
date : June 27, 2007
author : EndurancePlanet
After starting the season with only the goals of raising money for cancer research, Stacey finds herself with the opportunity to go to the Long Course Championships in France.

date : January 29, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
The most valuable thing you can do for your endurance training is to schedule a weekly 2-4hr long ride from now until the end of time. Simply make this “what you do” every Saturday or Sunday morning.