Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2014-06-11 10:32 AM
in reply to: Danno77

User image

Expert
Boise, ID
Subject: RE: Oly race speed = Long ride speed

One standard answer is conditions vary. I have been riding a lot lately to prep for my IM at the end of this month. Quite a few rides over 100 miles and the average speed varies from 16.5 for one ride to 18.2 for my last and longest ride. 

The 16.5 day I started with a group and rode too hard for the first 40 miles, that coupled with crazy wind made for a very slow 103 miles and I was beat to exhaustion afterward. I rode 115 last weekend, averaged 18.2 for the entire ride and felt great and ready to run. 

Speed is a tough thing to use to measure effort, courses and conditions vary a lot. My LBS holds a weekly TT night, each riders time will vary a decent amount each week based on conditions. 

Race day, swimming before, etc. can all add to an elevated heart rate and thus a slower bike split. 

2014-06-11 10:37 AM
in reply to: msteiner

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by msteiner

Originally posted by Danno77 

I'm struggling with the swim. I was swimming thousands of yards a week and then somebody told me that was not the way to get faster (even though I was getting faster) so I started doing 100s and 50s, etc. and now I can't swim more than like 600 yards without being completely exhausted. I was enjoying swimming. I hate it again. And I'm not getting faster, i actually think im getting slower. I know I need to swim more. 

Pointing out the obvious, the Olympic swim is over twice the bolded amount.  Whoever told you to swim less gave you horrible advice.  I try to get 10km in a week, and I feel like that's not enough swimming.

Yeah, swimming less volume doesn't sound like a good idea for the vast majority of age groupers to improve at it. Could they have meant swim shorter intervals?

I'm not sure what to do about bike volume. I rode something like 5 hours last week, what should my volume be? Training for a HIM in October. Besides, if I increase volume, then what will happen? Will my sprint speed be 18.2 and my Oly speed be 18.1 and my HIM speed be 18.0? I know people are saying the swim takes it out of you. I get that, I really do, but why do all of my rides come out so slow, swim or not, long or short? I'm telling you that these were specific examples that represent a pattern. Maybe I'm seeing a pattern that's not there... P.s. forgot to mention that the day before I did that long ride I also rode a little over 12 miles before I did that 9 mile run.

5 hours a week on the bike is ok.  You had several 3 hourish weeks before that though.  A few weeks of 3 rides a week with one having short intervals (several intervals 1,3, or 5 mins HARD), one having more threshold efforts (2x10-20min @ race pace), and one longer easier, ride should net you some improved bike fitness.  You can do 1:15, 1:15, 2:30 for these rides as a skeleton to which you can build or move around depending on your workouts.

All that will be for naught if you enter T1 tired, however.

You can do a lot with 5 hours of riding a week. See what you can do about maintaining that more often. It's consistency over time, and time is much longer than one week. Look at how you're doing over several months (yes, plural). I would have said "normal" or average for you is closer to half that when looking at several months of the logs. The up and down every week can make it difficult to improve as much. I know, life happens, but keep doing the best you can with it. At your volume, for the most part it's probably fine to take advantage when you have a little more time one week. And as said, keep working hard for the bike sessions. Many of them will be with that amount of time.

2014-06-11 10:41 AM

User image

Do you do any Swim/Bike brick workouts during training? How far away is the pool you train in? A easy warm up ride to the pool, followed by your swim workout, and then some higher intensity intervals on your ride home could help if you put that into your training schedule once in while.
2014-06-11 10:54 AM

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

Originally posted by Danno77 May 18th I did an Oly race and averaged 17.7mph. (properly tapered and after a swim) June 8th I rode 60 miles and averaged 17.6mph (ran 9 miles day before) I could have pushed a little harder on race, and had to fix my chain twice on a hill. The long ride was easy peasy effort, admittedly tougher towards the end just because of the distance, but I certainly wasn't killing myself to do that. What gives? Do I only have one speed? (slow) (p.s. today I did a 14 mile ride that was hillier than normal and pushed as hard as I could and averaged 17.9)

If your logs are current, you need more volume.  Both in the bike and definitely the swim.  Do have any intervals in your rides?

I'm struggling with the swim. I was swimming thousands of yards a week and then somebody told me that was not the way to get faster (even though I was getting faster) so I started doing 100s and 50s, etc. and now I can't swim more than like 600 yards without being completely exhausted. I was enjoying swimming. I hate it again. And I'm not getting faster, i actually think im getting slower. I know I need to swim more. I'm not sure what to do about bike volume. I rode something like 5 hours last week, what should my volume be? Training for a HIM in October. Besides, if I increase volume, then what will happen? Will my sprint speed be 18.2 and my Oly speed be 18.1 and my HIM speed be 18.0? I know people are saying the swim takes it out of you. I get that, I really do, but why do all of my rides come out so slow, swim or not, long or short? I'm telling you that these were specific examples that represent a pattern. Maybe I'm seeing a pattern that's not there... P.s. forgot to mention that the day before I did that long ride I also rode a little over 12 miles before I did that 9 mile run.

Are you following a training plan to prepare for your HIM?  Take a look at some of the free plans here on BT and they should give you an idea of the recommended volumes you should be doing.

It might be that you need some more structure to your workouts.  Periodization has worked well for me, increasing my intensity over shorter distances to approximate race efforts as I get closer to a race.  I try to ride relatively hard all the time, but will do TT's or hard race-distance efforts as I get closer to an event.

As far as swimming, I do believe that swimming 50's & 100's helps to improve speed over time, but obviously you also need to regularly include longer endurance workouts that reflect your race distance. 

Mark

2014-06-11 11:08 AM

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA

Originally posted by Danno77 May 18th I did an Oly race and averaged 17.7mph. (properly tapered and after a swim) June 8th I rode 60 miles and averaged 17.6mph (ran 9 miles day before) I could have pushed a little harder on race, and had to fix my chain twice on a hill. The long ride was easy peasy effort, admittedly tougher towards the end just because of the distance, but I certainly wasn't killing myself to do that. What gives? Do I only have one speed? (slow) (p.s. today I did a 14 mile ride that was hillier than normal and pushed as hard as I could and averaged 17.9)

If your logs are current, you need more volume.  Both in the bike and definitely the swim.  Do have any intervals in your rides?

I'm struggling with the swim. I was swimming thousands of yards a week and then somebody told me that was not the way to get faster (even though I was getting faster) so I started doing 100s and 50s, etc. and now I can't swim more than like 600 yards without being completely exhausted. I was enjoying swimming. I hate it again. And I'm not getting faster, i actually think im getting slower. I know I need to swim more. I'm not sure what to do about bike volume. I rode something like 5 hours last week, what should my volume be? Training for a HIM in October. Besides, if I increase volume, then what will happen? Will my sprint speed be 18.2 and my Oly speed be 18.1 and my HIM speed be 18.0? I know people are saying the swim takes it out of you. I get that, I really do, but why do all of my rides come out so slow, swim or not, long or short? I'm telling you that these were specific examples that represent a pattern. Maybe I'm seeing a pattern that's not there... P.s. forgot to mention that the day before I did that long ride I also rode a little over 12 miles before I did that 9 mile run.

There's a lot going on here.  Probably too much to easily answer one specific question.  But I agree with the post above noting that your training (according to logs) looks somewhat erratic and with little swimming of any duration.  I think when someone told you to do more 50s and 100s, you may have misinterpreted that to swim much less than you were when you may have just been steady swimming for longer distances.  Doing 600m of 50s and 100s might be fine as a set in part of swim--not for your entire swim (and, generally, you would like to see some main sets of a distance at least equivalent to your race distance).  Regardless, if you don't find swimming that way to be fun and that frustration makes you swim less, then go back to what you were doing.  It might not be 'optimal' training, but doing more (assuming you can handle more) is almost always better than doing less.  While intensity can offset some drop in volume (when figuring out what is more or less), it can't always make up the whole difference if the volume drop is big enough.

If you really feel like all your rides are the same, then go out for a shorter ride.  Do a warm-up, and then ride HARD for as long as you can.  When you can't go hard any more (say, can't keep speed above a certain mark for a couple minutes), turn around and bike easy back home.  I can guarantee you that (assuming conditions and terrain are similar each direction) you will be substantially faster on the way out.  Or simply decide that for the next x min, you will try to ride above y mph (where y is much higher than the 18mph pace you might typically maintain--say 21 or 22).  Basically, learn what it feels like to really push yourself.  As with swimming short, hard sets, you may find this less enjoyable.  In that case, go back to the way you trained before and accept the results it yields.  This is supposed to be fun for all of us.  You don't have to enjoy every workout, every day, but you should enjoy the process of chasing whatever goal you have set out for yourself.  Otherwise, modify your goal and/or your process.

Aside from all that, as others have noted, there are conditions, terrain, etc. that can have a big impact on speed.  Calibration can sometimes be an issue (ie, distance measured accurately or not), too.  Power would be a better marker than speed, but use what you have available and just try to be cognizant of the impact wind, hills, etc. might have.

2014-06-11 12:55 PM
in reply to: JohnnyKay

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

As usual, Johnny makes a lot of good points.

Just to echo one of the things he discussed, I was also stuck on about 17-18 mph a couple of years ago.  I just decided one day that I was going to ride at 20 mph.  It was harder and felt more uncomfortable than riding at 17 mph, but I learned what it felt like and I think more importantly, I realized psychologically that I could do it.  It eventually became my "new normal".  That didn't make it any easier, but at least I knew it was capable of doing it.  That's why I like the Greg Lemond quote in my sig line; going faster, whether it be swimming, cycling or running, means learning how to deal with being uncomfortable.

Mark

2014-06-11 1:39 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado
The point of swimmimg 50s 100s etc is not to swim less but swim faster, and to do this we generally need to cover a shorter distance. This is no different than running 400s or mile repeats - to get faster you need to train at a pace faster than you are comfortable with.

You asked "Do i only have 1 speed." Well, if youre long ride is at 17mph what are your short rides at 19,20,21? If you arent training at higher speeds you wont be able to "Just go faster" because its race day or the distance is shorter.

Many people, both running and ive noticed i do this cycling too, ride too easy at a comfortable pace that is not above threshold...meaning they never really get faster.

Want to ride fast? Train fast!
2014-06-11 3:19 PM
in reply to: Brian W

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
There have been a lot of posts, so I need to consider a lot, but I do want to clarify that nobody told me to swim less OVERALL, but they did say short intervals were the way to go. I was aiming to swim the same volume, but when I started doing 100s and 50s I could no longer even come close to the same volume. This has all happened since the race, btw.

I still feel as if people are missing the point., it's not THIS race, it's not THIS long ride, it's all of my rides and how they are all the same speed. To here these things about not knowing how to endure the strain or whatever that nonsense is feels kinda insulting. I have pedaled so hard that I thought I'd throw up and got home thinking I'd really worked some magic, and the same danged speed with wicked high HR is there.

Logic does not seem to apply for some reason. I should be able to ride faster when the distance is less. I know about course differences, I know about wind, I know about road surface quality.

2014-06-11 3:36 PM

User image

Originally posted by Danno77 I still feel as if people are missing the point., it's not THIS race, it's not THIS long ride, it's all of my rides and how they are all the same speed. To here these things about not knowing how to endure the strain or whatever that nonsense is feels kinda insulting. I have pedaled so hard that I thought I'd throw up and got home thinking I'd really worked some magic, and the same danged speed with wicked high HR is there. Logic does not seem to apply for some reason. I should be able to ride faster when the distance is less. I know about course differences, I know about wind, I know about road surface quality.

There is a logical reason why your speeds do not differ despite great differences in effort.  People have given you a wide range of reasons why that may be, so it's up to you to figure out which one(s) it is.  I think you're the one missing the point in that you are simply rejecting everyone's ideas and suggestions and coming to the conclusion that you defy logic.

2014-06-11 4:00 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

Originally posted by Danno77  I still feel as if people are missing the point., it's not THIS race, it's not THIS long ride, it's all of my rides and how they are all the same speed. To here these things about not knowing how to endure the strain or whatever that nonsense is feels kinda insulting. I have pedaled so hard that I thought I'd throw up and got home thinking I'd really worked some magic, and the same danged speed with wicked high HR is there. Logic does not seem to apply for some reason. I should be able to ride faster when the distance is less. I know about course differences, I know about wind, I know about road surface quality.

I don't think that anyone has said or implied that you're not trying or working hard at your cycling.  Folks are just offering well-intended thoughts and suggestions based on their knowledge and experience.  They're taking their time to try and help you.  If you're feeling insulted it's only because you're being thin-skinned.

It doesn't make much sense when you say that you're pedaling so hard that you want to throw up, but can't go any faster.  No sense at all.  Not to sound demeaning, but do you understand how cadence and gearing work together?  I ask that because you mentioned earlier that your cadence was all over the place.  The ideal thing to do is find the cadence that works best for you and then use your gearing to keep the load constant.  Speed is a result of pedaling at a certain rpm in a given gear.  You can't be pedaling 'harder' and going the same speed unless you're dropping down to a lower gear.  Conversely, the ability to go faster is dependent on either pedaling faster (higher cadence) in a given gear, or pedaling at the same cadence and being strong enough to sustain that cadence while shifting to a higher gear.  It's simple physics.

Mark

Edited by RedCorvette 2014-06-11 4:02 PM
2014-06-11 5:08 PM
in reply to: RedCorvette

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

OP rides a fixie...

2014-06-11 5:10 PM

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
I am sure that I'm being thin skinned. I'm just so frustrated that it's got me all worked up. I posted here because I value the opinions and the experiences of the masses and I know that I'm not the ONE person that defies all the rules. I just though that someone would have something that I consider to be valid. Something that would be the KEY. I don't mean that they are invalid, everything I've heard is important, but it's important in overall performance, not in explaining why I think I have one speed.

I should clarify, that when I say I have one speed I don't mean that exactly, just that I can go out and hammer for 3 miles and go 19mph, but that's it. When I feel as if I'm going to die on a 25 mile bike ride I've ridden faster, for sure, but we are talking fractions of a mph that do not correspond, IMO, to the effort I've put in. I wish I had a power meter. I swear that I would be putting down (made up for example purposes) 185watts for 25 miles and then go 17.5mph and just feel great when I'm done, but if I put in 186 watts my legs start burning and hr goes way up and the ave moh is 17.6 and just be completely wiped out when I'm done. Then I could go out on a 56 mile ride and put out 184 watts and feel fine at the end and average 17.4 mph. I feel like I have no range, which is bunk because I don't think that's possible.

I feel as if I came here and said "my car gets 30mpg city and 31mpg highway" and got ideas ranging from plugged fuel filter, bad ecu, poor gas, are you sure you know how to drive, do you know what a clutch is, fouled spark plug, timing off one degree. Clearly something is wrong, but there just hasn't been an "aha!!!!" all of those things can effect mpg, but why on earth would they be so close together?

2014-06-11 5:10 PM
in reply to: Aarondb4

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
Originally posted by Aarondb4

OP rides a fixie...

Yes, and?
2014-06-11 5:22 PM

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ

Originally posted by Danno77 I am sure that I'm being thin skinned. I'm just so frustrated that it's got me all worked up. I posted here because I value the opinions and the experiences of the masses and I know that I'm not the ONE person that defies all the rules. I just though that someone would have something that I consider to be valid. Something that would be the KEY. I don't mean that they are invalid, everything I've heard is important, but it's important in overall performance, not in explaining why I think I have one speed. I should clarify, that when I say I have one speed I don't mean that exactly, just that I can go out and hammer for 3 miles and go 19mph, but that's it. When I feel as if I'm going to die on a 25 mile bike ride I've ridden faster, for sure, but we are talking fractions of a mph that do not correspond, IMO, to the effort I've put in. I wish I had a power meter. I swear that I would be putting down (made up for example purposes) 185watts for 25 miles and then go 17.5mph and just feel great when I'm done, but if I put in 186 watts my legs start burning and hr goes way up and the ave moh is 17.6 and just be completely wiped out when I'm done. Then I could go out on a 56 mile ride and put out 184 watts and feel fine at the end and average 17.4 mph. I feel like I have no range, which is bunk because I don't think that's possible. I feel as if I came here and said "my car gets 30mpg city and 31mpg highway" and got ideas ranging from plugged fuel filter, bad ecu, poor gas, are you sure you know how to drive, do you know what a clutch is, fouled spark plug, timing off one degree. Clearly something is wrong, but there just hasn't been an "aha!!!!" all of those things can effect mpg, but why on earth would they be so close together?

Obviously, your car is a hybrid

What are you riding? How's your position? Have you had a good fit? 

2014-06-11 5:30 PM
in reply to: thebigb

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
A 2010 Trek Madone 5.2 it has a compact and also aero bars.

I got my fitting with the aero bars on it, and it's a slightly aggressive fit compared to what ive seen around for a road bike with bars. My back is probably horizontal when in aero. My seat is too far back in my opinion, but I tried shifting everything forward and control became an issue. There are times when I can pull forward on the nose of the seat, but if I try to grip forward on the aero bars that's when things get wobbly. If I ride the nose and hold the bars where I feel most comfortable, I actually hit my knees on my elbows.

I never ever get sore from the bike, aside from the first few rides outside in aero when my neck has to build up muscles that I lost indoors (I must look down quite a bit more than I think when on the trainer.)
2014-06-11 5:43 PM

User image

Originally posted by Danno77 I am sure that I'm being thin skinned. I'm just so frustrated that it's got me all worked up. I posted here because I value the opinions and the experiences of the masses and I know that I'm not the ONE person that defies all the rules. I just though that someone would have something that I consider to be valid. Something that would be the KEY. I don't mean that they are invalid, everything I've heard is important, but it's important in overall performance, not in explaining why I think I have one speed. I should clarify, that when I say I have one speed I don't mean that exactly, just that I can go out and hammer for 3 miles and go 19mph, but that's it. When I feel as if I'm going to die on a 25 mile bike ride I've ridden faster, for sure, but we are talking fractions of a mph that do not correspond, IMO, to the effort I've put in. I wish I had a power meter. I swear that I would be putting down (made up for example purposes) 185watts for 25 miles and then go 17.5mph and just feel great when I'm done, but if I put in 186 watts my legs start burning and hr goes way up and the ave moh is 17.6 and just be completely wiped out when I'm done. Then I could go out on a 56 mile ride and put out 184 watts and feel fine at the end and average 17.4 mph. I feel like I have no range, which is bunk because I don't think that's possible. I feel as if I came here and said "my car gets 30mpg city and 31mpg highway" and got ideas ranging from plugged fuel filter, bad ecu, poor gas, are you sure you know how to drive, do you know what a clutch is, fouled spark plug, timing off one degree. Clearly something is wrong, but there just hasn't been an "aha!!!!" all of those things can effect mpg, but why on earth would they be so close together?

What makes you so convinced that none of the suggestions posted thus far are valid?

Do you have any GPS files of rides that are in question?  Where one ride was a cruise, and the other ride involved near puking efforts, but resulted in the same speed?

2014-06-11 5:46 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
Yes, I have GPS files for all of my rides. I'll see what I can dig up.

Don't ignore where I clarified what I meant by valid. They are all valid, none appears to be the smoking gun for me, though.
2014-06-11 5:52 PM

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
What information would be useful? I have a few workouts, but do you want me to link to garmin connect, or just post some of the data here?
2014-06-11 5:56 PM

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ

Originally posted by Danno77 A 2010 Trek Madone 5.2 it has a compact and also aero bars. I got my fitting with the aero bars on it, and it's a slightly aggressive fit compared to what ive seen around for a road bike with bars. My back is probably horizontal when in aero. My seat is too far back in my opinion, but I tried shifting everything forward and control became an issue. There are times when I can pull forward on the nose of the seat, but if I try to grip forward on the aero bars that's when things get wobbly. If I ride the nose and hold the bars where I feel most comfortable, I actually hit my knees on my elbows. I never ever get sore from the bike, aside from the first few rides outside in aero when my neck has to build up muscles that I lost indoors (I must look down quite a bit more than I think when on the trainer.)

I'm no expert (and I hate Holiday Inn) but maybe your fit is entirely too aggressive given you're on a road bike. Super compacted, closed up hip angle, can't put out any power. Maybe try pulling off the clip ons, getting a road fit and seeing what happens. Then you can introduce the clip ons again later. 

2014-06-11 6:08 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Originally posted by Danno77 Yes, I have GPS files for all of my rides. I'll see what I can dig up. Don't ignore where I clarified what I meant by valid. They are all valid, none appears to be the smoking gun for me, though.

I doubt you'll find one single smoking gun as it's likely to be a culmination of multiple factors.  Links to garmin connect or better yet links to workouts loaded in strava would probably be helpful.

Edited by Jason N 2014-06-11 6:09 PM
2014-06-11 6:11 PM

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

Originally posted by Danno77 A 2010 Trek Madone 5.2 it has a compact and also aero bars. I got my fitting with the aero bars on it, and it's a slightly aggressive fit compared to what ive seen around for a road bike with bars. My back is probably horizontal when in aero. My seat is too far back in my opinion, but I tried shifting everything forward and control became an issue. There are times when I can pull forward on the nose of the seat, but if I try to grip forward on the aero bars that's when things get wobbly. If I ride the nose and hold the bars where I feel most comfortable, I actually hit my knees on my elbows. I never ever get sore from the bike, aside from the first few rides outside in aero when my neck has to build up muscles that I lost indoors (I must look down quite a bit more than I think when on the trainer.)

From what you describe it sounds like the first thing you need to address is your fit.  Your hip angle must be super closed if you're riding a road geometry frame with a flat back, not to mention that you're hitting your knees when you're riding forward on the bars.  Running aerobars on a road-geometery frame is always a bit of a compromise.  That's why, as you have noticed, that most folks riding road bikes with clip-on aerobars use a more upright position.  If you want some feedback (or are a glutton for punishment  ) post some photos of your position.

Mark

2014-06-11 6:41 PM

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
Sorry, currently distracted by my homebrew and exploring this Strava thing that I've never really looked at before.

I may have to take some pics of the fit on the trainer. I may also have to just go buy a tri bike. My LBS took some measurements on a fitting bike and says that a large speed concept would be perfect, but the new ones were kinda out of my price range and his only clearance stock was medium. I just found a discontinued SC 2.5 at a dealer about 1.5hours away, and am thinking hard about just doing it.
2014-06-11 6:44 PM

User image

Strava is actually a great way to analyze parts of your rides if you tend to ride the same portions (or segments) hard.  Wind can still play a factor, but it gives you a much better grasp of your ride than simply comparing the ending/overall average speed.

But beer still takes priority over strava.

2014-06-11 7:03 PM

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
For a smoking gun - in your typical training week, how much time do you spend:

At or above 10 minute all out race pace (about VO2max efforts)
At 1 hour race efforts (threshold level)
At moderate effort (about HIM effort)
At easy effort

Shane
2014-06-11 7:22 PM
in reply to: gsmacleod

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
Originally posted by gsmacleod

For a smoking gun - in your typical training week, how much time do you spend:

At or above 10 minute all out race pace (about VO2max efforts)
At 1 hour race efforts (threshold level)
At moderate effort (about HIM effort)
At easy effort

Shane

I'm not sure. I don't have a typical training week. Do people actually have a typical training week? All of the plans I see build, so one week is not the same as the next.

I could, perhaps, figure out what I did last week, but if I do, you are going to say that there is something there that would explain why my speeds don't vary? Or are you just going to have more information about why I'm slow?

I do have my zones calculated and entered into my garmin, so I think I can pull that info.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Oly race speed = Long ride speed Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Garmin avg run/bike speeds to HIM race speed

Started by agarose2000
Views: 941 Posts: 3

2012-09-10 2:56 PM chichitao

Maffetone Racing Speed vs Training Speed? Pages: 1 2

Started by adamamelia
Views: 16557 Posts: 34

2012-07-11 4:48 PM BrickLayer

Endurance Speed v Speed Skills?

Started by ForrestGump
Views: 1578 Posts: 9

2008-05-12 8:36 PM amiine

9 speed vs 10 speed Cassettes

Started by mnewton
Views: 2003 Posts: 6

2005-04-22 3:39 PM Lookingtoride

12 Speed VS 16 Speed, or Whatever

Started by fromer
Views: 1417 Posts: 7

2004-06-25 12:26 AM fromer
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 13, 2012
author : KarbonSpeed
comments : 2
"These wheels are really fast and we can prove it with our tests from the A2 Wind Tunnel. We developed an ultra-fast modified V-Notch rim shape which keeps drag to an minimum."

date : June 17, 2009
comments : 0
With stroke improvements I find that when I try and swim long I have lost any speed gains that I had because my stroke count just creeps up and up. I also feel like I'm running out of air.
date : November 12, 2008
author : AMSSM
On the long bike rides of 80+ miles I get very strong pain in my toes. I slow down my pace and I might recover, but when I hit the next hill it is back. Could this be some kind of circulation issue?

date : June 6, 2006
author : DominiqueL
The Elite wetsuit was redesigned four times before going to the market in order to maximize its benefits. Does all this speed come at the expense of comfort? I had to find out.
date : January 29, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
The most valuable thing you can do for your endurance training is to schedule a weekly 2-4hr long ride from now until the end of time. Simply make this “what you do” every Saturday or Sunday morning.

date : February 28, 2005
author : sherrick
A 12 week, 1 race plan for faster performance. A SILVER/GOLD member plan.
date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
I decided to list a few interesting workouts to increase speed.