BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-09-23 12:37 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

As usual, such great things done by the Manatees! 

Soldiers home from afar

Scaling mountains

AG wins

CX races

10km SWIM race (super craziness, if you ask me) and gettin' moolah for such craziness! 

Manatee meet-ups

Hilly bike races for a Phoenix

Ability to trainer ride even with impending shoulder surgery

5km races with an awesome spouse

The list of fabulous things in this group is endless and I LOVE IT!!!  

2014-09-23 3:59 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Orlando
Happy Tuesday Manatees- although this is my Monday and I hate Mondays!!!!

race report is up. http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

2014-09-23 5:07 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pennsylvania

Finally finished my race report from last week.  Sorry it's wordy, but that's how I roll when it comes to RRs.

Edited by melbo55 2014-09-23 5:07 PM
2014-09-23 6:40 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master

Ohhhh, RRs to read! And I know I have some to catch up on. Sorry, Pod Peeps. Just when I settle in to read, it seems someone needs something RIGHT THAT MINUTE.

2014-09-23 8:50 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Veteran
Cleveland, Tennessee
So N+1 in the shoe department has already occurred. In the words of my daughter, "Daddy all you need is yellow and purple to have the rainbow."I added a pair of Brooks PureGrit 3 trail shoes in red.

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
image.jpg (493KB - 3 downloads)
2014-09-23 9:40 PM

User image

Elite
Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Hi, piglet puppee manatees! Just a drive by, in the middle of that manic schedule I posted ...

The lake 10K was INSANEly awesome. Just the drive from the major airport there is 7hrs on twisty sheer-drop mountain roads ... with Indonesian drivers nothing rattles Kingsley (he married me, recall? and he's travelled all over) but he was in white-knuckled terror the whole way there and back. I will say it was hairy enough to probably make that World's Worst Roads show.

We were given the 5-star treatment the whole way, everything paid for, local foods , culture and delicacies, anything we could want. I almost felt a bit ashamed! I need to get my shyte together and start getting specific sponsorship for big events like Ironman ... I can, it just takes 1.5 years planning ahead of time and hell, I don't usually know what the next 1.5hr will bring.

Lake was breathtaking. Literally. As in 23.5C (74F) breathtaking and at altitude. I was coming into it just off a sinus infection and major mouth restoration, so I was pretty miserable, and felt like I HAD to do it because we were being sponsored to do this event. I changed my attitude to I GET to do this incredible event in this incredible location with incredible people and it made all the difference. That and a crapton of NSAIDs occasionally with a dollop of codeine

Kingsley and I had our azzes handed to us. The future of Indonesian swimming is very, very bright. He came in 14th in a deep men's field and I came in 10th in a women's which had ... 10 places . Not a DFL, though ... one of the men got pulled because he lagged too far behind (FINA rules). So actually, that I hung on at all, fast enough to be allowed to finish, was a major triumph.

Fastest male was 2:02, that's a 1:13/100m ave! Fastest female was 2:08, that's a 1:17/100m ave! Those are world class times for those conditions.

Hardest swim Kingsley's done and he's done a few dozen 10Ks in all conditions and quite a few 20Ks. So it was brutal for me. Very prestigious race, though; prize money went 15 deep for men and 10 for women so we both came home with cash ... and for Indonesia, a LOT of cash. I can pay my rent for two months (or pay for one tooth, heh).

Thanks so much for all the love and support. Life continues to be wondrous, and I continue to try to treat it wondrously.

Driving by!

Well done - do you now have all your teeth intact?

All is well here, swimming, running and looking at the bike.

9 sleeps till Kona.

2014-09-23 9:45 PM
in reply to: jbwills

User image

Master
Originally posted by jbwillsSo N+1 in the shoe department has already occurred. In the words of my daughter, "Daddy all you need is yellow and purple to have the rainbow."I added a pair of Brooks PureGrit 3 trail shoes in red.
Ha! Well now, that's just all kinds of pretty
2014-09-23 10:27 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Wondering what to do... 

Betty Designs has opened up the "Are You A Betty?" for 2015 and though I'd really LIKE to apply and got a TON of support and inspiration from the Bettys on FB, I just don't know that I've really done anything all that great warranting being back on the team. This year got pretty much derailed in June with the job thing, the moving thing, not being able to do IMChoo, having to forfeit most of the races I had signed up (and paid for), and I didn't really feel like I got to represent the brand all that well.  Couple that with the fact that a LOT of the women that are on the Betty team are fast.  Really, REALLY fast - and I just don't know that I measure up to that standard. 

What do I do Manatees?  Do I apply for next year and hope that my desire to have a better, more race-filled year next year will help me get selected, or do I thank my lucky stars that I got to have the opportunity and move on?  

2014-09-23 11:22 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Wondering what to do... 

Betty Designs has opened up the "Are You A Betty?" for 2015 and though I'd really LIKE to apply and got a TON of support and inspiration from the Bettys on FB, I just don't know that I've really done anything all that great warranting being back on the team. This year got pretty much derailed in June with the job thing, the moving thing, not being able to do IMChoo, having to forfeit most of the races I had signed up (and paid for), and I didn't really feel like I got to represent the brand all that well.  Couple that with the fact that a LOT of the women that are on the Betty team are fast.  Really, REALLY fast - and I just don't know that I measure up to that standard. 

What do I do Manatees?  Do I apply for next year and hope that my desire to have a better, more race-filled year next year will help me get selected, or do I thank my lucky stars that I got to have the opportunity and move on?  

I say go ahead and apply.  Can't hurt, except maybe your pride if you don't get chosen.  Besides, (a) you've represented the brand well here on BT, and (b) be optimistic.  Now that you're doing all those clams and other fun back repair stuff, next year is gonna be better.  It HAS to be, right?!

2014-09-23 11:24 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by 4agoodlife
Originally posted by jbwillsSo N+1 in the shoe department has already occurred. In the words of my daughter, "Daddy all you need is yellow and purple to have the rainbow."I added a pair of Brooks PureGrit 3 trail shoes in red.
Ha! Well now, that's just all kinds of pretty

Pretty sweet new kicks there, Jonathan. 

2014-09-24 8:07 AM
in reply to: jbwills

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by jbwills So N+1 in the shoe department has already occurred. In the words of my daughter, "Daddy all you need is yellow and purple to have the rainbow."I added a pair of Brooks PureGrit 3 trail shoes in red.

Ha! Gotta find the yellow and purple!

2014-09-24 8:10 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by laffinrock

Wondering what to do... 

I say go ahead and apply.  Can't hurt, except maybe your pride if you don't get chosen.  Besides, (a) you've represented the brand well here on BT, and (b) be optimistic.  Now that you're doing all those clams and other fun back repair stuff, next year is gonna be better.  It HAS to be, right?!

I would apply. What's the deadline? Before or after Austin 70.3?

2014-09-24 8:35 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Wondering what to do... 

It can't hurt to apply, so in true Manatee fashion, just DOOO EETTT!!

2014-09-24 8:50 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Wondering what to do... 

Ugh... the never-ending clams!!  

It really, really, REALLY should be better this coming year - or at least I'd really like it to be!  

Thanks Mary!!   

2014-09-24 8:52 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by jmkizer

Wondering what to do... 

I would apply. What's the deadline? Before or after Austin 70.3?

Unfortunately after... the deadline is October 15th and the race is October 26th.  But as has been said... what have I got to lose?  I might as well doooo eeeeeet!   

2014-09-24 8:52 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by amd723

Wondering what to do... 

I WIIIILLLLLLLLL!!!  

2014-09-24 10:38 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I think that everyone here knows the answer to this one!

Is Exercise Bad for Your Teeth?

2014-09-24 10:57 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Interesting.  I had no idea that there were dentists who specialized in sports dentistry.  Wonder if they make custom mouth guards to protect in the event of pool or bike crashes.  Might be cheaper than fixing the resulting damage!

2014-09-24 11:01 AM

User image

Master

Coffee spew!

Anyone seen Yanti's new grill? She's been showing it off. lol

2014-09-24 11:05 AM

User image

Master

Interesting.  I had no idea that there were dentists who specialized in sports dentistry.  Wonder if they make custom mouth guards to protect in the event of pool or bike crashes.  Might be cheaper than fixing the resulting damage!

My dentist already offered to make me a mouth guard.

2014-09-24 11:06 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Wondering what to do... 

There were a couple of girls in Betty gear at the race on Sunday. So cute! I told one girl as I passed her on the bike that I loved her kit. Of course it reminded me of you. You make their stuff look good! Of course you should do it again!

2014-09-24 11:18 AM

User image

Master

Wondering what to do... 

I WIIIILLLLLLLLL!!!  

Try it and attempt a "representation redemption" year.

And all those women are going your pace...forward.

2014-09-24 11:24 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Coffee spew!

Anyone seen Yanti's new grill? She's been showing it off. lol

Dangit!!  Why couldn't I have been drinking water when reading this rather than delicious coffee??? 

You and Yanti both have purdy teefs!   

2014-09-24 11:30 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by rrrunner

Wondering what to do... 

There were a couple of girls in Betty gear at the race on Sunday. So cute! I told one girl as I passed her on the bike that I loved her kit. Of course it reminded me of you. You make their stuff look good! Of course you should do it again!

She really has done some really cool designs, and I can't wait for the one that she's unveiling on the site after Kona... lets just say it's going to be "retro glam"   

Thanks TJ - with all the awesome support from the Manatees telling me in true Manatee fashion to DOOOOO EEEEEEEEEET, I'm definitely going to throw my hat in the ring again!!  

2014-09-24 11:31 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Wondering what to do... 

I WIIIILLLLLLLLL!!!  

Try it and attempt a "representation redemption" year.

And all those women are going your pace...forward.

HA!!  Yes, they are going forward... but at a MUCH speedier rate than I am!!!  

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42606 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37574 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72941 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50641 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25827 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.