General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First OLY - Training Plan Question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-12-04 2:28 PM

Subject: First OLY - Training Plan Question
So I completed my first sprint this past August. I've signed up for sprints in June and July of next summer and my first OLY in August.
I'm planning to follow the Olympic - 3x Balanced - 20 Week plan which has a 2 week taper at the end.
My question is: Should I
a) Start it in January so that it completes before my first sprint in June?
b) Start it in March so that it completes before the OLY?

I was thinking of going with option a and doing the week 18 peak workouts on non-sprint race weeks and maybe a taper week before each sprint. Then the 2 week taper before the OLY.

Thoughts?

2014-12-04 4:44 PM
in reply to: MN_Mike

User image

, Illinois
Subject: RE: First OLY - Training Plan Question
I see no harm in getting in better shape sooner. You can fill up the extra days with workouts but you can't create extra days.
2014-12-04 9:22 PM
in reply to: MN_Mike

Subject: RE: First OLY - Training Plan Question
Start training in January and race all summer long. Sounds like a good idea to me. I'd think about training and peaking into the June race, training/building through the July race, and peaking again for the August race.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First OLY - Training Plan Question Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Question on Silver Program Basic 12 w Oly Plan

Started by TimX3
Views: 335 Posts: 1

2011-04-26 6:17 PM TimX3

.5 mary and OLY/HIM training plan Questions

Started by brooksinc1976
Views: 789 Posts: 7

2011-01-13 8:30 PM KathyG

Balanced Lifestyle Oly Plan Question

Started by amykmo
Views: 559 Posts: 3

2010-05-11 6:13 PM TriJayhawkRyan

Oly. Nutrition Plan Questions

Started by joekennedy7
Views: 722 Posts: 3

2008-08-24 11:48 AM Donto

Opinions for extending/modifying Oly training plan

Started by HookedOnTri
Views: 950 Posts: 4

2004-11-24 12:06 PM Whizzer
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 3, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Scheduling workouts in the Custom Training Plan Creator for an ideal, balanced, injury-free season

date : January 20, 2011
author : Coach AJ
comments : 3
Using a high-volume schedule for many months is not the best tactic. Build speed and skill several months out, and then transition to a high-volume IM plan.
date : November 17, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 7
I just started doing tris this summer and I have two under my belt, both sprints. Is it reasonable to build up for a Oly in early ‘09, with a HIM in Oct of ‘09

date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 1
Information compiled on various plans from the most common user questions.
date : May 1, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 0
I'm in decent shape and have no weight to lose but have absolutely no tri experience, what’s the best plan of attack that won't put me back in the waiting room?

date : July 17, 2005
author : Brandon Heflin
So how do you plan for a season? Below, I’ve created a simple five step process to use as a primer for season planning.
date : July 17, 2005
author : chrisandniki
A Navy Seals program modified specifically for triathletes. Heavy on the running, swimming, push/pull-ups and sit-ups, will you find yourself man (or woman) enough to finish?