BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Winter training is FUN group..no really it is!! (OPEN) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 39

2015-03-16 7:37 AM
in reply to: Baowolf

User image

New user
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Subject: RE: Baowolf's Winter training is FUN group..no really it is!! (OPEN)
Yeah, my marathon is 5/3 (when I post from the app it doesn't include my signature). Is it OK to count soccer and basketball as some of that mileage, or is that not a good idea since they're not the same style of running?

2015-03-16 2:02 PM
in reply to: jimmybags

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Meh, everything counts, but I would not consider it my "Run miles" towards a marathon. You can use it maybe as a cross train day in place of your shortest run, but the rest of your runs should still be actual runs (4-5x per week).
2015-03-16 9:29 PM

User image

Rainy River, Ontario
Got the tool kit, bag and just a pump for now (I ordered the CO2). The levers were with the tool kit (I just didn't know what they were called). I did do all the measurements to make sure I got a bike that would fit my body. I think I have the fit fairly tuned in but when I take it in, I will be getting it fitted as well, just to be sure. I got bike shorts and a cushioned cover for my seat. I am very afraid of irritating my "parts". Thank you for the diaper cream tip. I will definitely remember that.

As for fish we are a multi-fish area. Trout, Walleye, Crappie and Northern Pike are mainly what our clients target, with some bass as well. Our group last week targeted Trout in the mornings than went crappie or walleye fishing the rest of the day. We also host a quite few Musky fisherpeople (more and more women have been showing up). We have had a quick melt this year and we are just hoping to be able to host our last 2 groups for the winter.

2015-03-17 9:38 AM
in reply to: Rebecca16

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Connecticut
Welcome Rebecca - swimming is usually the most intimidating part of a tri for many of us. You have one up on lots of people. You are starting with a better fitness base than many. Enjoy.

COgirl - glad you are getting your motivation back.

Carol - hope you are enjoying the 30day shred. I've heard of it. I think the more of that you do the better for all those little muscles that don't get worked in sbr and could cause problems.

Lindsey - congrats on the engagement. You sound like you have a good mindset on it, the marriage is the thing, the wedding is the party, but when you are lucky enough to have a large, close family the party can be important.

My new season has been starts and stops, am making progress in my fitness base, just not as consistent as I want to be - but my four month plan begins in earnest May 1.

Sat in the locker room the other day really fighting the urge to blow off my swim. Must have sat there for 10 min, then changed and swam. Just 10 x 50 yds. Feel like I remember all the pointers I've gotten. High elbow, push the water back - feel so strong, then start to really need that break. LOL, very sad, but I trust what you all say, that if you keep at it one day you are a swimmer.

Just got a friend onto BT. She lost a lot of weight, was my role model, and expressed an interest in tris. Not used to working out with anyone, am pretty much a loner when I work out, but I think the added accountability will be good.

Mitzi
2015-03-17 5:55 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Rebecca, pretty much nobody puts a pad over their seat in addition to bike shorts. There is actually this interesting balance in that sometimes a less padded seat is more comfortable. The reason for this is your sit bones hold your weight on the bike and if you have too much cushy stuff between you and the seat it pushes that cushy stuff up into your soft tissue area where you get irritated. Basically the seat will feel really comfy for the first 5-10 miles and then less so the longer you go. Also your body adjusts to the seat. The most comfortable seats actually have a cutout part where there is no saddle where your parts go to lesson the pressure there. Those seats look funky, but I have one and it is way better than other seats. Anyway, you will figure this stuff out. you don't usually run into chaffing issues until your long rides are over 50 miles, so that may not be a concern for a bit.

Bike fit is really tricky. A bike seat height difference of 1-5 mm is noticeable.

Edited by Baowolf 2015-03-17 9:50 PM
2015-03-18 11:34 AM
in reply to: Rebecca16

User image

Cedar City, Utah
Last week I had a 'long'ish run of 1 hour followed by 15-20 minutes at high tempo. At 60 minutes, I was dragging a bit and couldn't imagine running much faster. I broke through that and actually pumped out a mile PR in the process. It is so cool to see how the training is helping out! It's the micro-accomplishments that add up to make an incredible result. A couple days later, I pre-rode the course of my St George HIM in early May. I knocked about 20 minutes of my previous practice run and felt phenomenal. I questioned my sanity when I finished and wanted to go for a run, but didn't have time to. It sure helped my confidence!

Wow, I slack off on my visits and a lot goes on!

Lindsey: Congrats! Sounds like you guys have a lot in common. I don't have any advice, but coming from a guy, regarding the wedding, I learned quickly to say "yes, dear", "looks great, dear" and "tell me where and what you want, dear." Enjoy the moment. You'll have plenty!

Cathy: I live in a climate similar to your and the longer, warmer days are sure welcome! Keep on keeping on!

SteveFly: Hmmm, running after wedding dress shopping... I'm sure it felt great to get out after sitting for all that time.

Rebecca: Welcome to the group! Man, you are busy! It's great that you can surround yourself with so many athletic activities. You must just thrive off all passion and energy of your athletes! How's the new bike working out for you?

Brad: Jump on in. Steve is very welcoming!

Mitzi: Good job pushing through the Locker Room melancholy. I'll bet you felt a lot better after your workout was complete, even if it wasn't a perfect one. It reminds me of a quote I heard the other day, "Any workout is a personal triumph over laziness and procrastination."

So does anyone have a Brick workout or Race-trial planned for the weekend? I have a Brick:Run25'|Bike120'|Run25' I can't wait! I have been tracking my nutrition and it seems to be helping a lot.

2015-03-18 12:09 PM
in reply to: ojaister

User image

Alexandria, Virginia
Hey all, just checking in. My activity level is going pretty well, already an improvement over Feb's. Gotta get my running up to speed for my HM in 2 months, though. I'm only at a 6mi long at 9min pace.

Jimmy I'd definitely count soccer and bball somewhere. They're not the same running style but a soccer match beats up my legs about as much as interval workouts. And in the two 40-minute halves, I average about 3 miles depending on position, based on my Garmin. I got my first soccer game of the season tonight, and I'm pumped. Great 5k time too!

Rebecca, CO2 pumps are awesome but make sure you know how to use em. I saw an accident happen on the side of the road during a century; someone twisted the top off while it was still under pressure (thought the cartridge was empty), and the top went flying into a dude's chest. And IMO if you're somewhat mechanically gifted, you can save a bunch of money doing small repairs and tuneups yourself. Kudos for putting that bike together yourself. For others with a DIY attitude, good websites to measure yourself for bike fit are wrenchscience.com and competitivecyclist.com. Both have a good measurement interface and they walk you through everything.

Everyone falls at a stop at some point with clipless pedals. Once you accept that it'll be easier. If it makes you feel better, you'll be going 0 mph.

Olley, great to hear of your mock tri!

Lindsey, congrats on the engagement! I'm engaged too, with our marriage coming up in less than 2 months! We broke all the rules Steve touched on, funnily, but the pricey dress was a gift from my fiancee's mom, and we invited several people important to our parents as long as they 'contributed' accordingly. Our wedding is going to be very expensive, but we found a few places to save money on. Like, I bought ties for my groomsmen for literally $1 each on ebay, and I got their attire custom-made at a MTM site (studiosuits.com) for way cheaper and way better fitting than any off-the-rack retail store. With the wedding so close I could blab on about the subject of wedding planning all day...

So funny, putting a bike on the registry.

Anyone who uses Garmin Connect and Mapmyrun: I haven't been able to sync data from the two since a month ago. Does anyone else experience this? Or can anyone tell me how to do it?
2015-03-18 1:41 PM
in reply to: #5075206

User image

New user
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Phil, I have been using garmin connect to link to BT and strava. I haven't had any problems recently, maybe try to re-sync it?
2015-03-18 6:34 PM
in reply to: jimmybags

User image

Cedar City, Utah
Help with definition, please. I have the following run scheduled in my training plan. Can anyone help me decipher what it means:
main: 2 x (26t, 4r) 26t at RPE 6, 4r at RPE 2
My guess is that it's 2 sets of (???, repeated 4 times) at a perceived effort of 6 and 4 additional repeats at perceived effort of 2. What does the "26t" mean?

Phil, I upload all workouts through Garmin Connect and then use https://tapiriik.com/to sync to 5-6 other services. The basic service (manual sync) is free, but I pay the nominal $2 a year to auto-sync. It works very well. I also like that it syncs the TCX files to Dropbox, so I have a backup. It seems my friends are spread across many apps (RunKeeper, Strava, Garmin, Endomondo, etc.) and it helps to upload to one place and have it update the various apps.

2015-03-18 7:19 PM
in reply to: scubabrad02

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Originally posted by scubabrad02

As usual late to the party. Do you have room for one more?

I think this got buried at the bottom of the last page. Yes, Steve is great about letting us in - no matter when. Welcome!

Lindsey, congrats on the engagement!!!!! We ended up having a rather large wedding but believe it or not, it was rather inexpensive. But then again, we intentionally selected an early afternoon wedding to avoid the formal sitdown dinner, etc. I think you should definitely let it be known that a bike is a desire so maybe people will think of money (or gift cert).

Welcome Rebecca! Wow, you are tackling the bike issues! I cannot be of help there, I’m afraid.

Jimmy, I denote all types of activity in the BT logs. If there isn’t a specific Soccer or BBall, then use Misc Sport and put a note in there. I love that flexibility because if I find myself tired or sore, I can review the log and see why.

Todd, I’m unsure. Maybe tempo – such as 26 min at tempo (10K) pace?

Mitzi, way to push thru and get that swim done.

Was finally getting back into running. Then another rental situation has taken me away from everything (training, work, family, everything). Sigh. Oh well, that’s life. Vaca soon tho so will be off the grid for a short time.

Hope everyone is having nice spring weather. It is STUNNING here in Florida although the pollen is causing major sinus problems for most of us. But the weather is perfect!
2015-03-18 9:09 PM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
2 x (26t, 4r) 26t at RPE 6, 4r at RPE 2 = warm up (probably 10:00) then main set is 26 minutes at RPE6 recovery for 4:00 at RPE 2, do this 2 times. (total of main set is 60 minutes) probably followed by 10:00 cool down. RPE= perceived effort, which at 6 is temp pace or ya around 10k pace or able to hold a conversation pace with some hard breathing and shorter sentences, high Z3.

2015-03-19 1:03 PM

User image

Cedar City, Utah
Originally posted by Baowolf

2 x (26t, 4r) 26t at RPE 6, 4r at RPE 2 = warm up (probably 10:00) then main set is 26 minutes at RPE6 recovery for 4:00 at RPE 2, do this 2 times. (total of main set is 60 minutes) probably followed by 10:00 cool down. RPE= perceived effort, which at 6 is temp pace or ya around 10k pace or able to hold a conversation pace with some hard breathing and shorter sentences, high Z3.

Thanks Pam and Steve. This workout is scheduled for this evening and it's nice to know I'll be doing it correctly. I didn't make the (t) / Tempo connection.
wu: 15 minutes RPE 3
main: 2 x (26t, 4r) 26t at RPE 6, 4r at RPE 2
cd: 15 minutes at RPE 3
It now makes sense that the main workout is 2 sets of 26min @ tempo with 4min of recovery. With the warmup and cooldown, a total of 90 minutes. It's followed by a 30 min recovery bike ride, with concentration on nutrition.
Thanks again! I'll be thinking of you guys as I chug away!!
2015-03-19 3:26 PM

User image

SOUTH WINDSOR, Connecticut

Hello all...

What a "taper" week for last week... how about sick as hell and not able to do squat? Coughing, no sleep, chills, body aches, you name it - ouch! Still not 100% - a lot of coughing, have been able to run just not the best.

I did get out to run a few times this week and will hit the gym (treadmill) tonight. A short 2 miles outside tomorrow.. then race on Saturday am - in the freakin' snow! They are predicting anywhere from 1 - 3" depending on who you listen to. A high of 40 degrees - so race time will be in the low 30's. I really don't remember signing up for this? It is the first day of spring and all.. Lol..

Should be an interesting day to say the least. I did hit my goal weight for the race (185) so I am happy about that.

Not that it will be anything exciting.. I have bib #447 and here is the tracking link: http://www.iresultslive.com/desktop_results.php?eid=1067&year=2015

Looking to: #1 - finish.. #2 - finish in under 3 hours (which will be good for me!).

@Steve - thanks for the info re: fueling.. They will have stations at mile 2.5 then every 2 miles with Gatorade, GU and water. I am thinking a GU w/ water at every other station and a shot of Gatorade at others should be plenty. My training I was only consuming about 200 calories during ~ 2 1/2 hours. (The days I had eaten well before the long run went well. Days I didn't eat much, I crashed later in the run. Eating a good dinner the night before and a decent breakfast in the am will help as well.

@Isabella - staying active on vacation is great. Doesn't need to be S/B/R. Keep up the great work!

@Todd - indoor trainer - my wife bought me a "crosslinks" - inexpensive on Amazon.. Works great. not that loud at all. Think she paid $120 for it.. works for me.

@COgirl - Glad you are feeling better. Being sick stinks. Nice to get outside and train..

@Lindsey - Congratulations and welcome to the first ring of marriage.

@Rebecca - Hello and welcome.. Have fun! Definitely get the tool kit and know how to change out a flat. Walking a bike back home is no fun. Cell phone / emergency cash stashed in the toolkit helps too.

@Brad - welcome.. I am new from last year, great group here.

@Jimmy - very nice 5K pace!

@Mitzi - great job on getting in the pool when you didn't want to. I am a "loner" when it comes to working out as well. Tough to motivate ones self.. Congrats!

@Todd - way to break through w/ the PR. Will need to check out tapiriik too. Have garmin connect, BT, Strava.. and a few others I stopped using.. Lol.

@Phil - my Garmin doesn't sync well on my desktop, does better on my laptop. I did find there is one "event" that is causing issues.. not sure how to delete that one. Have you updated the firmware in the watch and the app to the latest versions?

@Pam - hello there... We are still getting cold and (gulp) snow for this weekend..

2015-03-20 1:38 AM
in reply to: Dennis B

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Ya so on that 2:30:00 run I would take in 300 calories (100 at 1 hour, 100 at 1:30 and 100 at 2:00.)
2015-03-20 8:19 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Thanks everyone.

I had thought I posted a BIO but I am not seeing it on the thread. Technology is not my strong suit. Hopefully this one makes it on the thread.

Anyways about me. 40y/o triathlete starting my second season. I came from a swimming background that stopped 22 years ago. Last bike I was on was ~30 years ago when I was cruising my small town I grew up in on my BMX. One day early in 2014 I decided I wanted to do a triathlon and haven't looked back. I am married with a teenage daughter (16 this year...yikes!)

I have done 3 HIM and an Olympic race. I have an 'A' race coming up in early June and another early December. I will look at doing something in the early fall as well. Probably a 40km TT but we shall see.

I think I would be a great addition to this group because I love to have fun. I am motivated to learn and do not get bent out of shape easily. The one thing I have found great about triathlon is there is a wealth of knowledge out there and I love to learn.

Once again thanks to everyone. Train hard and train smart.

Edited by scubabrad02 2015-03-20 8:20 AM
2015-03-20 8:33 AM
in reply to: scubabrad02

User image

scubabrad - that's quite a first season! 3 HIMs and an Oly? What sort of training did you do to ramp up to those distances that quickly, or was it just pure determination? :-)

To update everyone on my progress... I can now happily say that I can swim! For those of you who have seen my updates on this, know it has been a struggle and I came from not being able to get more than two strokes into a freestyle run without failing. Coaching has really helped and I now have my 50yd to around 50 seconds - not great comparatively, but great for me and that's what matters. All of the techniques are now slotting into place allowing me to focus on very specific aspects of my strokes.

Running has slowed down somewhat in terms of continuity, but my split times are getting faster. I'm only running about 3 times a week at the moment, totaling about 20 miles, but I now have managed to drop my min/mile from 9:00ish to around 7:45ish.

Biking - non existent outside of the gym spin bike! I am going to start racking up the miles this weekend.

I have a few questions:
1. Is it best to eat something 30-60 minutes before a swim? I have been doing it first thing in the morning without any nutrition.
2. When do brick training sessions become necessary/advised?
3. What distances do people think I should be able to endure without much discomfort in all disciplines to be able to fly through an Oly? I know it's suggested not to do the full race distance until race day, but I'm curious where my distances should be to feel comfortable with it.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Dave

2015-03-20 9:27 AM
in reply to: RookeyDavid

User image

Originally posted by RookeyDavid

scubabrad - that's quite a first season! 3 HIMs and an Oly? What sort of training did you do to ramp up to those distances that quickly, or was it just pure determination? :-)

To update everyone on my progress... I can now happily say that I can swim! For those of you who have seen my updates on this, know it has been a struggle and I came from not being able to get more than two strokes into a freestyle run without failing. Coaching has really helped and I now have my 50yd to around 50 seconds - not great comparatively, but great for me and that's what matters. All of the techniques are now slotting into place allowing me to focus on very specific aspects of my strokes.

Running has slowed down somewhat in terms of continuity, but my split times are getting faster. I'm only running about 3 times a week at the moment, totaling about 20 miles, but I now have managed to drop my min/mile from 9:00ish to around 7:45ish.

Biking - non existent outside of the gym spin bike! I am going to start racking up the miles this weekend.

I have a few questions:
1. Is it best to eat something 30-60 minutes before a swim? I have been doing it first thing in the morning without any nutrition.
2. When do brick training sessions become necessary/advised?
3. What distances do people think I should be able to endure without much discomfort in all disciplines to be able to fly through an Oly? I know it's suggested not to do the full race distance until race day, but I'm curious where my distances should be to feel comfortable with it.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Dave

Hi Dave. First let me say congrats on your improvements! As for "not great comparatively" you say getting 2 strokes into a freestyle set and then failing to doing your 50yd in :50?!? That is awesome in my book!!! Keep up the great work.

As for my start (I had to go back and look at my log) I had 19 weeks from starting my journey to my first HIM so I had some time. First 4 weeks was in the 10-12 hour range with about 56% of the time devoted to biking, 26% to running, and 18% to swimming. I did some testing in there to get my zones for heart rate (HR) and I bike with power so needed to get those zones as well. Then I started doing 2 week build periods with 1 week 'down' period that took me into May where I started my taper 3 weeks out. At the peak of my builds I was doing 23 hours a week with a little more time devoted to the bike leg (14 hours or 60%) and a little less emphasis on the swim as it was my strong event. I think a couple of the key aspects for me was I was able to set zones and train within them. This helped me not to overtrain. I was also able to recover well from sessions which helped me stay injury free. It definitely was a steep learning curve on all the aspects of training, racing, pacing, equipment, nutrition, etc. I am still on the upswing of the curve as well which is why I joined this mentor group. =)

Awesome job once again on your swim & run improvements!

2015-03-20 10:57 AM

User image

Originally posted by Dennis B
race on Saturday am - in the freakin' snow!

Good luck on your race Dennis! I don't envy the race conditions.
2015-03-20 11:04 AM

User image

New user
Nice to see everyone's progress, a big shout out to Dennis for your race on Saturday!!!
Hopefully it doesn't snow, or you'll have to put winter tires on your bike

It is still very cold here but hopefully no more -15F on the forecast... We're up to 10F-20F on average during the day so we should get to Summer, eventually!

Starting swimming again this saturday with a group, THAT will be interesting as the last time I swam was last September and I just learned that everyone else kept swimming all winter. Yikes!!!!

Happy Friday & Happy training!
2015-03-21 12:01 PM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Master
Just South of Boston
Hi to Steve, Pam, Carol, Jay, and everyone.

I'm still alive, and finally feeling like I'm ready for getting back into things. I've had a long hard winter of poor health (flu, pneumonia, and long recoveries for each), injury, work changes, and tough mental times dealing with a just awful, long, stressful winter. It beat me up pretty good, but the corner has been turned.

rode my bike for the first time in 2 months today. Will get back to the pool and start completely over with running hopefully this week. I'm essentially back to square one with everything, but I have the knowledge, faith, and belief that I've climbed this once, I can do it again, and better this time.

Hope everyone has had a better winter than I have!!

Mike
2015-03-21 12:34 PM
in reply to: Mike_D

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Hey Mike, so glad to see you "emerge". I have wondered several times how the winter impacted you and Jay and hoped you were doing well. Glad you are feeling better. Getting well was definitely the priority. Good thing about starting over is that it takes less time to get tired and feel like you had a good workout. Yes, I'm reaching there, but it's true!

I've continued to put other parts of life ahead of working out. Still try to do something most days, but mostly just to relax and no real structure. Can't really ride on the road from home anymore...recently completed construction has funneled way too much traffic to our little neck of the woods. After work is the only time I can go...which is peak traffic time. Just found out a critical portion of the park trail I use is closing for the next 3 months for more construction, so even park path rides are going to be hamstrung. Ugh! Hubby & I have started thinking seriously about moving somewhere less crowded in a few years. Family, friends, church, roots, etc. are all here though so will be a tough decision either way.

2015-03-21 1:42 PM
in reply to: squirt

User image

SOUTH WINDSOR, Connecticut

Well, I finished...

3:03:12 - just shy of getting under 3 hours...

It was an experience..  a lot hillier than expected. 29 degrees and snowing??  Considering the conditions, I am happy with my finish. Take what I learned and progress onward...

Race report to come. Very well done event.

-Dennis

(Savin Rock Half Marathon - 03212015.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Savin Rock Half Marathon - 03212015.jpg (42KB - 4 downloads)
2015-03-21 10:24 PM

User image

Cedar City, Utah

Well, I finished...

You didn't just finish, you conquered. Those look like horrendous conditions. I wonder how many people stayed home and didn't brave the elements like you did. Great job!
2015-03-22 4:05 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Originally posted by ojaister

Well, I finished...

You didn't just finish, you conquered. Those look like horrendous conditions. I wonder how many people stayed home and didn't brave the elemescddts like you did. Great job!

+1 on that!!!! Wow, you are amazing for going out in those brutal conditions.

Ok, everyone ready to get sick and hate me? Just got back from a cruise. Temps were 72 to 82 the whole time!!! Weather was stunning with only a little rain as most people were disembarking in Nassau. We waited to disembark and only had a little rain. Son's first cruise and I was afraid it would be a bust for him because most people on cruises are college or older....or under 12. But he had a great time. Hubby and I got up to watch the sunrise while running on the track at the top of the boat. 11 loops equal one mile. The looping was boring but the scenery and the weather more than made up for it. Must admit tho that I didn't run real long because that constant turning was rough. Hopefully the 7000 flights of stairs helped with my fitness tho.
2015-03-22 8:45 PM

User image

Hi, I'm excited to join this group! I'm doing my first tri in 6 weeks. I decided to train for a triathlon after mainly running for 10+ years and being plagued with various injuries for most of them. I am not a swimmer but realized that I needed to cross train, and my motivation to get in the pool was to sign up for a triathlon. I'm finding that the training is challenging to say the least, as I'm not much of a cyclist either and getting used to riding in clips is pretty scary. However I am determined to do a tri before I turn 45, so I'm going to give it my best shot!

Current training: Swim 1-2x per week (up to 700m), Run 2x (once with a run clinic I volunteer at) Cycle 1-2x per week (still working on getting comfortable on the bike) and 1-2x per week strength (kettlebells and run specific exercises)

If anyone has any words of wisdom I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Julie
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Winter training is FUN group..no really it is!! (OPEN) Rss Feed  

of 39

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Baowolf

Started by Baowolf
Views: 4 Posts: 1

2014-05-17 11:46 PM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.