BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2015-01-22 8:46 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Wow. My body is still a little rocked after the weekend's adventures. Every slow run I have done the week has been a struggle.

When my socks rolled down during the trail race there was a ton of friction on my heels and they got all bloody and blistered. As if that wasn't enough, the ascent in snowboard boots/splitboard ripped them open further. I have like, 4 band-aids and a steady reapplication of antibiotic in hopes I can get them healed up before we attempt St. Helen's this weekend. 

If they don't close up beforehand...any tips? Should I just tape them up? Because I think applying lube/anti-chafe would hurt if they are open still. 

Perhaps this would work: Use some anti sting/pain spray on the area and then your ointment. Cover with a thin dressing and then use a strong adhesive tape like duct tape to create a custom band-aid that covers the area completely. You may also need to apply a layer of athletic tape over everything so your sock and boot don't start to rub the duct tape away.

When your done remove everything and let it air out with some fresh ointment. Got to keep the wheels healthy!

2015-01-22 8:58 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake
Originally posted by popsracer

Originally posted by laffinrock

Interesting article about some research going on here at the university where I work.  One of our civil engineering professors is looking at why cyclists break traffic laws and whether it has to do with how our transportation systems are set up.  He's also interested in why cyclists are considered more criminal than people who speed in their cars.

Yes, it was an interesting article and makes you think about what really can be done to improve bicycle safety and driver perception of cycling behavior.  I leave in a small city where cycling for commuting and recreation is huge.  There is a downhill section through the downtown area that is three lanes and one way.  Every day I see folks weaving in and out of cars, running red lights, drafting inches off bumpers, passing on the right of cars signalling to turn right, etc.  It creates a dangerous situation for all involved.  I've seen at least half a dozen crashes.  One guy passed me on the right, turned his head to see if he was going to clear me, veered into the curb, and went cartwheeling down the sidewalk.  Couple days later I had a skateboarder splatter into the back of my car while I was waiting for a light.  Doh!!

While some obey the traffic laws, the majority do not.  Probably many different reasons why but I imagine mostly trying to just get from point A to point B as quickly as possible and not thinking about some of the short and long term consequences whether it is crashing or turning the driving world against them in general.

I think this from the article sends the wrong message.  I had a friend who was a very experienced cyclist killed several years ago rolling through a stop sign.

"According to Marshall, some states in the U.S. have created special laws as a result — in Idaho cyclists only need to slow down at stop signs, not come to a full stop, and cyclists can treat red lights as though they were stop signs."

I am interested in how the research hypothesis is stated, I don't trust that a news outlet would publish that since it would probably not grab attention that the headline does. With so many variables to consider this could be researched by countless professions. I would think that from a CE design angle the key element would be in how roadway design has changed and if that has marginalized cyclists.

A recent effort here is to create "complete streets" that include a bike lane on the right hand side of the flow of traffic but not against the curb so there is moving traffic on one side and parked cars on the other. Several "what if " situations could grow from this but at least it gives the riders a spot to ride to get across town. Once off the redesigned street though it becomes very traditional urban riding.
2015-01-22 11:26 PM
in reply to: tcarlson78

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by tcarlson78
Originally posted by popsracer

Originally posted by laffinrock

Interesting article about some research going on here at the university where I work.  One of our civil engineering professors is looking at why cyclists break traffic laws and whether it has to do with how our transportation systems are set up.  He's also interested in why cyclists are considered more criminal than people who speed in their cars.

Yes, it was an interesting article and makes you think about what really can be done to improve bicycle safety and driver perception of cycling behavior.  I leave in a small city where cycling for commuting and recreation is huge.  There is a downhill section through the downtown area that is three lanes and one way.  Every day I see folks weaving in and out of cars, running red lights, drafting inches off bumpers, passing on the right of cars signalling to turn right, etc.  It creates a dangerous situation for all involved.  I've seen at least half a dozen crashes.  One guy passed me on the right, turned his head to see if he was going to clear me, veered into the curb, and went cartwheeling down the sidewalk.  Couple days later I had a skateboarder splatter into the back of my car while I was waiting for a light.  Doh!!

While some obey the traffic laws, the majority do not.  Probably many different reasons why but I imagine mostly trying to just get from point A to point B as quickly as possible and not thinking about some of the short and long term consequences whether it is crashing or turning the driving world against them in general.

I think this from the article sends the wrong message.  I had a friend who was a very experienced cyclist killed several years ago rolling through a stop sign.

"According to Marshall, some states in the U.S. have created special laws as a result — in Idaho cyclists only need to slow down at stop signs, not come to a full stop, and cyclists can treat red lights as though they were stop signs."

I am interested in how the research hypothesis is stated, I don't trust that a news outlet would publish that since it would probably not grab attention that the headline does. With so many variables to consider this could be researched by countless professions. I would think that from a CE design angle the key element would be in how roadway design has changed and if that has marginalized cyclists. A recent effort here is to create "complete streets" that include a bike lane on the right hand side of the flow of traffic but not against the curb so there is moving traffic on one side and parked cars on the other. Several "what if " situations could grow from this but at least it gives the riders a spot to ride to get across town. Once off the redesigned street though it becomes very traditional urban riding.

If you want, I can ask he'd share his hypothesis with me, although I'm not sure he will until he's published the finished results.  The last thing a researcher wants is to have somebody beat her/him to publication.  Having somebody replicate the results, yes, but publishing data for a novel hypothesis, no.

2015-01-22 11:37 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Denver, CO

Today's SMMMMMMMC standings:

• 100% - 11 people (woot woot!!)
  • 96% - 2 people
  • 90% - 1 person
  • 89% - 1 person
  • 86% - 2 people
  • 82% - 2 people
  • 73% - 1 person
  • 68% - 1 person

Gang, this is awesome.  We are now over 70% of the way through the month and although not everybody's at 100%, these numbers are still WAY higher than the general population.  For me, it's easy to focus on how I'm failing to achieve that 100% goal.  Then I realize that I've managed to exercise 73% of days so far this month and that's not too shabby.  Could it be better?  Certainly, but it could also be a heck of a lot worse.

Hang in there, everybody, and keep up the good work!!

2015-01-23 5:44 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by ponderingfox

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by StaceyK Thanks for your help guys. I wasn't sure if the 10 speed v 11 speed was a big deal. We live in the hills, but to be honest most of my riding is on the trainer at the moment because there has been a number of cyclist v car incidents hear over the recent months which have resulted in at least 3 deaths and a number of other very serious injuries so Phil has confined me to the trainer or the bike paths. I have definitely learnt the lesson of making sure the bike is comfortable before I buy it, that's the only reason I'm looking at a new bike, my current on is defiantly not warn out. Just to clarify the 2015 comes in a medium too, just not on the link I sent through.

From what I have read, the difference in the 11 and 10 speed cassette will probably be around "3rd" or "4th" gear, with the 22 tooth cog on the 10 speed being replaced by a 21 AND a 23 on the 11 speed. It could be elsewhere on the cassette or some other number of cogs, but you get the idea I hope. For me, there is "no" need for it, since my riding is all flat, with little shifting.  Were I riding a lot of hills or windy areas, I might want it.  

Then again, I'm rolling on a 9 speed cassette, so what do I know?

Cool deal on the sizing, I hope that you find one that makes you happy to ride!

[NOTE: the size of the bike in this case matters more than anything else.]

I'm riding a 9 speed rear cassette also.  I would really love a 10 or 11 speed.  For me, it's all RPM management.  My bike has a 10 RPM gap between the 4th and 5th gears.  I wish there was something in the middle that would help me manage the speed a bit better.  I spin on the higher side, and sometimes I want to go faster, but shifting up drops me out of where I am efficient.  So having another gear or two in the mix, even if the top and bottom didn't change, would help me manage my speed and power better.  It's not just on hills.  Most of all this is clearest to me on the trainer when I'm doing TrainerRoad workouts, and I'm moving around by 5 or 10 watts.  More gears would keep me in my happy spinning zone better.

I would love 11, but 10 would be fine.

Yeah the big gaps like that can bother me too. Not so much on the easier rides as I'm not as particular there, but I really notice when trying to go faster. I much prefer the 11-23 when racing vs the 11-28. There is a 15-17 jump that happens around the lower 20's for me and I really notice it. I *can* spin at a fairly wide cadence, but still have my preference for what is best. It's a race, so we want everything optimized as much as possible.

The trainer has an 11-21 to keep it really tight. This adds in an 18 that the 11-23 doesn't have, and for easier rides I can be in this gear a lot. I never used the lowest gears there, so tightened things up. Although I may rethink some things if I want to push some really fast cadences at times. Power can come up quite a bit for the fastest spins even in the lowest gear.

I also run a tighter cassette on the trainer and for races (12-23 on a compact crank), though there's an upper limit that I'd like to extend when I'm doing standing climbs on the trainer or really hard climbing (i.e. lower cadence) intervals. Outdoors I rarely spin out, figuring I should be coasting @ 30 mph anyway. Thinking of the 11-21 for the trainer, though they're not all that easy to find.For hilly courses/workouts I have an 11-28. The gaps in that one are REALLY noticeable.
2015-01-23 6:53 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by StaceyK Thanks for your help guys. I wasn't sure if the 10 speed v 11 speed was a big deal. We live in the hills, but to be honest most of my riding is on the trainer at the moment because there has been a number of cyclist v car incidents hear over the recent months which have resulted in at least 3 deaths and a number of other very serious injuries so Phil has confined me to the trainer or the bike paths. I have definitely learnt the lesson of making sure the bike is comfortable before I buy it, that's the only reason I'm looking at a new bike, my current on is defiantly not warn out. Just to clarify the 2015 comes in a medium too, just not on the link I sent through.

From what I have read, the difference in the 11 and 10 speed cassette will probably be around "3rd" or "4th" gear, with the 22 tooth cog on the 10 speed being replaced by a 21 AND a 23 on the 11 speed. It could be elsewhere on the cassette or some other number of cogs, but you get the idea I hope. For me, there is "no" need for it, since my riding is all flat, with little shifting.  Were I riding a lot of hills or windy areas, I might want it.  

I'm riding a 9 speed rear cassette also.  I would really love a 10 or 11 speed.  For me, it's all RPM management.  My bike has a 10 RPM gap between the 4th and 5th gears.  I wish there was something in the middle that would help me manage the speed a bit better.  I spin on the higher side, and sometimes I want to go faster, but shifting up drops me out of where I am efficient.  So having another gear or two in the mix, even if the top and bottom didn't change, would help me manage my speed and power better.  It's not just on hills.  Most of all this is clearest to me on the trainer when I'm doing TrainerRoad workouts, and I'm moving around by 5 or 10 watts.  More gears would keep me in my happy spinning zone better.

Yeah the big gaps like that can bother me too. Not so much on the easier rides as I'm not as particular there, but I really notice when trying to go faster. I much prefer the 11-23 when racing vs the 11-28. There is a 15-17 jump that happens around the lower 20's for me and I really notice it. I *can* spin at a fairly wide cadence, but still have my preference for what is best. It's a race, so we want everything optimized as much as possible.

The trainer has an 11-21 to keep it really tight. This adds in an 18 that the 11-23 doesn't have, and for easier rides I can be in this gear a lot. I never used the lowest gears there, so tightened things up. Although I may rethink some things if I want to push some really fast cadences at times. Power can come up quite a bit for the fastest spins even in the lowest gear.

I also run a tighter cassette on the trainer and for races (12-23 on a compact crank), though there's an upper limit that I'd like to extend when I'm doing standing climbs on the trainer or really hard climbing (i.e. lower cadence) intervals. Outdoors I rarely spin out, figuring I should be coasting @ 30 mph anyway. Thinking of the 11-21 for the trainer, though they're not all that easy to find.For hilly courses/workouts I have an 11-28. The gaps in that one are REALLY noticeable.
So in my ignorance all of this just turns into blah, blah, blah in my head. How do I change that? Is there a good concise resource where I can read and try and learn about this stuff? I couldn't tell you anything really about the gearing on my current bike other than the components are Sora, it has 3 cogs on the front and I think 9 on the back.

2015-01-23 7:25 AM

Master
Northern IL

The 12-23 is probably better for most. Are you doing more big gear work hat would warrant the 11? I was kind of lucky and found a Dura Ace 7600 series a couple years ago. My spin out tends to depend on how fast I feel like pushing it. I can keep up in the high 40's, but might back off somewhere before that. At those speeds the wind resistance is very high, so pedaling only adds a little bit. At 30 I'm still going at it though as I'll be up around 28 in flat straightaways. Gearing is very much matching up the person to the conditions.

2015-01-23 7:27 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Originally posted by StaceyK

So in my ignorance all of this just turns into blah, blah, blah in my head. How do I change that? Is there a good concise resource where I can read and try and learn about this stuff? I couldn't tell you anything really about the gearing on my current bike other than the components are Sora, it has 3 cogs on the front and I think 9 on the back.

My components are nine gear Sora also.  In my mind, all that matters is that you are able to pedal at comfortable cadences at a speed you want.  If you aren't noticing a problem, there isn't one.  More gears might feel nicer in a way that would be hard to put a finger on if you aren't noticing a lack now.

2015-01-23 7:29 AM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by StaceyK So in my ignorance all of this just turns into blah, blah, blah in my head. How do I change that? Is there a good concise resource where I can read and try and learn about this stuff? I couldn't tell you anything really about the gearing on my current bike other than the components are Sora, it has 3 cogs on the front and I think 9 on the back.

Well to just know what you have, there should be a small number etched into each cog and each ring (the front set). At one time there was a set or two that etched some weird thing into the lowest 3 instead of printing in the number. But you can always just count the number of teeth too. Another good reason to keep stuff clean.   Writing out the cassette change tends to look way more complicated than it actually is.

2015-01-23 7:52 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

The 12-23 is probably better for most. Are you doing more big gear work hat would warrant the 11? I was kind of lucky and found a Dura Ace 7600 series a couple years ago. My spin out tends to depend on how fast I feel like pushing it. I can keep up in the high 40's, but might back off somewhere before that. At those speeds the wind resistance is very high, so pedaling only adds a little bit. At 30 I'm still going at it though as I'll be up around 28 in flat straightaways. Gearing is very much matching up the person to the conditions.

Only on the trainer...on the road I have no use for it as I'm rarely going much above 30 mph unless it's downhill. 

28 on flat straightaways is a very hard effort for me, up in anaerobic territory.  :-/

2015-01-23 7:54 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by StaceyK So in my ignorance all of this just turns into blah, blah, blah in my head. How do I change that? Is there a good concise resource where I can read and try and learn about this stuff? I couldn't tell you anything really about the gearing on my current bike other than the components are Sora, it has 3 cogs on the front and I think 9 on the back.

Well to just know what you have, there should be a small number etched into each cog and each ring (the front set). At one time there was a set or two that etched some weird thing into the lowest 3 instead of printing in the number. But you can always just count the number of teeth too. Another good reason to keep stuff clean.   Writing out the cassette change tends to look way more complicated than it actually is.

Stacey, I had a big long post that I had typed up just get eaten by the internet gods. Ben put it much better. I don't often use Slowtwitch, but there are some good resources there. http://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Cassette_Evolution_4171.html has some good info at the start of it that might help you understand some of what was being discussed.  

2015-01-23 7:58 AM

Master
Northern IL

Only on the trainer...on the road I have no use for it as I'm rarely going much above 30 mph unless it's downhill. 

28 on flat straightaways is a very hard effort for me, up in anaerobic territory.  :-/

Race effort isn't exactly easy for me either.

2015-01-23 8:09 AM
in reply to: tcarlson78

User image

Melon Presser

Wow. My body is still a little rocked after the weekend's adventures. Every slow run I have done the week has been a struggle.

When my socks rolled down during the trail race there was a ton of friction on my heels and they got all bloody and blistered. As if that wasn't enough, the ascent in snowboard boots/splitboard ripped them open further. I have like, 4 band-aids and a steady reapplication of antibiotic in hopes I can get them healed up before we attempt St. Helen's this weekend. 

If they don't close up beforehand...any tips? Should I just tape them up? Because I think applying lube/anti-chafe would hurt if they are open still. 

Perhaps this would work: Use some anti sting/pain spray on the area and then your ointment. Cover with a thin dressing and then use a strong adhesive tape like duct tape to create a custom band-aid that covers the area completely. You may also need to apply a layer of athletic tape over everything so your sock and boot don't start to rub the duct tape away. When your done remove everything and let it air out with some fresh ointment. Got to keep the wheels healthy!

Duct tape works really well for some and not others (I can't get it to stick to me no matter what but Kingsley used it after his nearly-whole-foot-blisters-coming-up-thru-the-toes-even).

Do you guys have spray-on waterproof bandage in the U.S.? It'll sting like hell but it would be great protection.

The custom band-aid stuff sounds like a good idea. Neosporin for the ointment would be good too. Waterproof bandage by 3M (Opsite, people use it after surgeries) will work well even in high-friction areas.

Good luck!

2015-01-23 8:14 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Orlando
Anyone use this ? http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/neverwet/n... the video, it's awesome! I think I'm going to get some and use it on my running shoes and on the dog cover I use in my car.
2015-01-23 8:27 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Stacey, I had a big long post that I had typed up just get eaten by the internet gods. Ben put it much better. I don't often use Slowtwitch, but there are some good resources there. http://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Cassette_Evolution_4171.html has some good info at the start of it that might help you understand some of what was being discussed.  

Thanks Chris that was very helpful. I have now discovered that my current bike has a Sora 9 speed 12-25T cassette and a 30/39/50T crankset the new one has a 105 10 speed 11-28T cassette and a 34/50T crankset (what does the T mean and did I write that correctly?)

So on my current bike I regularly find that I am on the 25 cog on the back and the 50 on the front and I feel like I could go faster but when I pedal there is no resistance. Is this a me thing or a gearing thing, will the gearing on the new bike help with this?
2015-01-23 8:56 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by StaceyK

Thanks Chris that was very helpful. I have now discovered that my current bike has a Sora 9 speed 12-25T cassette and a 30/39/50T crankset the new one has a 105 10 speed 11-28T cassette and a 34/50T crankset (what does the T mean and did I write that correctly?) So on my current bike I regularly find that I am on the 25 cog on the back and the 50 on the front and I feel like I could go faster but when I pedal there is no resistance. Is this a me thing or a gearing thing, will the gearing on the new bike help with this?

T=teeth. 

You work in finance with numbers, right? As such, think of this as ratios. You are riding along using 50:25 or 2:1 and pedaling is easy.  So it is time to shift the rear into a different gear. This is the part where you need to find what works for you. Try them all, hard, easy, and in between. Experiment.  If you are using a trainer (or outside), keep trying different things, ride in a tougher gear for a while, then go easy for a minute or two. Spin real fast, then find a tougher gear and push real hard. Do it all for a few minutes at a time and keep a mental log of what feels different and why. The more you do these types of things, the more it becomes second nature.

2015-01-23 10:30 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by amd723 Anyone use this ? http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/neverwet/neverwet-kit  Watch the video, it's awesome! I think I'm going to get some and use it on my running shoes and on the dog cover I use in my car.

That's pretty awesome. I like the idea for my bikes! (I fixed the link)

2015-01-23 10:33 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by amd723 Anyone use this ? http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/neverwet/neverwet-kit  Watch the video, it's awesome! I think I'm going to get some and use it on my running shoes and on the dog cover I use in my car.

thanks for fixing the link.  I don't know why when I post from my ipad i have such trouble with them!  And, I agree, if I ever get back on my bike it will be good to use there too 

2015-01-23 10:46 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Perhaps this would work: Use some anti sting/pain spray on the area and then your ointment. Cover with a thin dressing and then use a strong adhesive tape like duct tape to create a custom band-aid that covers the area completely. You may also need to apply a layer of athletic tape over everything so your sock and boot don't start to rub the duct tape away. When your done remove everything and let it air out with some fresh ointment. Got to keep the wheels healthy!

Duct tape works really well for some and not others (I can't get it to stick to me no matter what but Kingsley used it after his nearly-whole-foot-blisters-coming-up-thru-the-toes-even).

Do you guys have spray-on waterproof bandage in the U.S.? It'll sting like hell but it would be great protection.

The custom band-aid stuff sounds like a good idea. Neosporin for the ointment would be good too. Waterproof bandage by 3M (Opsite, people use it after surgeries) will work well even in high-friction areas.

Good luck!

Thanks you guys! Lots of good ideas here. I will let you know what I end up doing. 

2015-01-23 10:51 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by rrrunner

thanks for fixing the link.  I don't know why when I post from my ipad i have such trouble with them!  And, I agree, if I ever get back on my bike it will be good to use there too 

Yeah, when I post from my Iphone I always end up with one big ugly paragraph.

2015-01-23 10:53 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

I rock an 11-28 for my Ultegra 11 speed, and I'm content with it.  I also rode an 11-28 on my SC, which was 10 speed.  I do notice the missing 16, but it doesn't really affect my rides.  I did consider switching to an 11-25 or something, but I'm told I'll need the 28 for my race in March. 

2015-01-23 11:04 AM
in reply to: msteiner

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by msteiner

I rock an 11-28 for my Ultegra 11 speed, and I'm content with it.  I also rode an 11-28 on my SC, which was 10 speed.  I do notice the missing 16, but it doesn't really affect my rides.  I did consider switching to an 11-25 or something, but I'm told I'll need the 28 for my race in March. 

I never bothered with an 11-25 since they still didn't add in the 16, just shrunk the gap between the bottom 3 to 2t jumps instead of 3t. At that point for me it's at least a fairly steep hill or I'm going so easy I just don't care.

2015-01-23 11:14 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by msteiner

I never bothered with an 11-25 since they still didn't add in the 16, just shrunk the gap between the bottom 3 to 2t jumps instead of 3t. At that point for me it's at least a fairly steep hill or I'm going so easy I just don't care.

With 11 speed they add the 16
http://www.coloradocyclist.com/shimano-ultegra-cs-6800-cassette-11-spd

2015-01-23 11:25 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Seattle

I rode my bike today, btw  

2015-01-23 11:28 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I rode my bike today, btw  

And now I know why this hot hazy hellishness has begun to cool off. I shall see snowballs soon.

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 54830 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.