BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 107

2015-03-02 9:43 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by fortissimo My coach put up my workouts onto Training Peaks over night. I'm pretty sure he is trying to kill me...

I think our coaches might be in cahoots to kill us both...

And of course I become curious as to what this is.

In my case, it's fitting my long workouts in amongst hockey games. Weekend 1: 2 hour bike before a game, them 9 mile run next day. Weekend 2: 2.5 hr bike with last hour moderately hard, then hockey, then 10 mile run with last 3 miles hard on the next day. Weekend 3: 3 hour ride, then hockey, then 11 mile run the next day, last two miles as hard as possible.  During the week, more interval runs. To me it sounds tough but I got through Feb. and I never thought I would, so surely I will survive March, too.  I know his workouts are making me stronger/faster and will continue to do so.  I really am glad I have a coach this year, I just have to gripe a little.

Do they hurt anything like past 1:14:xx in this

And yes I'm kidding. Some. That's a bit much for every hard workout. 

OW OW OW OW OW OW OW!

Brutal (but badazzed impressive)

2015-03-03 7:51 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by fortissimo My coach put up my workouts onto Training Peaks over night. I'm pretty sure he is trying to kill me...

Why is it that so many coaches seem to have murderous tendencies?

My coach wants me to do 15 min. of foam rolling EVERY DAY.  The workouts are itty bitty but just enough, but that foam rolling - ouch ouch ouch!!! 

Hmmm, that is a TON of time foam rolling. What exactly are you rolling? And what is the coach hoping to accomplish with it?

I was wondering about that too. I've read that if you roll too long it can irritate the muscles.

She says, "Take some time to foam roll each day. You can do a full-body roll, or focus on specific parts that you think could use some extra attention."  I generally work on my legs, then glutes/piriformis, and back, then reverse direction and go back over things that were sore the 1st time around.  I did it for a week and didn't find it to be particularly helpful and it made my shoulder hurt from all the weight I was putting on it.  On the other hand, the last time I saw my PT, she said she could tell that I'd been doing it because the muscles were looser.  Coach hasn't given me an explanation other than that it will help me heal.  Think I should push back?  If so, how much seems like a reasonable amount?

I would definitely push back on the things that hurt. Then I would question exactly what the purpose was. 

I would too. Both there and because of the second sentence in the quote. If something is being made to hurt you really want to understand why and just how it's supposed to hurt. Without solid experience really check into that. Some of the bike workout stuff I did last night was blazing hard at the end of the intervals, but knew it was fine as that  was the type of burn I should feel and was occurring where I should feel it. Then during the run afterward there was a little twinge in my calf that I really paid attention to as that should not have been there at all.

And as for the earlier line, what is all the foam rolling supposed to be for? I know people like it (when they can get through the hurt), but the more I've read about it the less I think of it for any sort of regular use. You have a few things going on, but there are two general ideas I'm aware of for different situations. If something is regularly getting tight and seems to need the rolling then it's likely something else that is not strong enough or working quite right, placing extra stress on the tight area. The other is when loosening up areas that are too tight, there should be some strength building of some sort accompanying it. You want the strength to move throughout the range, otherwise you become more floppy & noodley which means less stable joints & motions. More range of motion tends to be a good thing, but you want the strength to move well through it or it can be trading one problem for another.

2015-03-03 8:26 AM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by ponderingfox

Anyone ever have issues with their GSC-10 dropping out?  Mine is dropping out a ton, which is frustrating.  On an intense 90 min trainer ride it added at least five minutes.  I've change the battery twice, and actually right before this ride.  Any ideas as to what's going on?  I might drop this in the TT forum for some input also. Not sure if I need to get a new unit or if there's a fix or what.

In my experience,t he sensor and the magnet have to be really close.  I actually turn it off when I am outside and then have the head unit connect to it again the next time I use the trainer. 

I've had a lot fewer problems since switching to the Domane and the Trek DuoTrap sensor.

2015-03-03 8:27 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Anyone ever have issues with their GSC-10 dropping out?  Mine is dropping out a ton, which is frustrating.  On an intense 90 min trainer ride it added at least five minutes.  I've change the battery twice, and actually right before this ride.  Any ideas as to what's going on?  I might drop this in the TT forum for some input also. Not sure if I need to get a new unit or if there's a fix or what.

I've had this problem in the past. It would drop out for like 5-7 seconds at least 15-20 times over a 60-90 minute trainer ride, and then the next ride would work fine. I tried changing the battery...no help. Lately it's been working great; I have NO idea what changed. You could mess around with the placement of it a bit. Sometimes it's a little sensitive.Sorry I couldn't help more than empathy. :-/

Is the GPS turned off? They seemed to argue at times. I still ended up getting another unit. Think it was the Wahoo one then. Now it's the Bontrager duo trap as I'm on an SC.

+1

2015-03-03 9:13 AM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

PSA: If you want Runtastic Pro for your Android and don't have it already, it's 10 cents right now.

2015-03-03 9:14 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by jmhpsu93

I've had this problem in the past. It would drop out for like 5-7 seconds at least 15-20 times over a 60-90 minute trainer ride, and then the next ride would work fine. I tried changing the battery...no help. Lately it's been working great; I have NO idea what changed. You could mess around with the placement of it a bit. Sometimes it's a little sensitive.Sorry I couldn't help more than empathy. :-/

Is the GPS turned off? They seemed to argue at times. I still ended up getting another unit. Think it was the Wahoo one then. Now it's the Bontrager duo trap as I'm on an SC.

+1

If you're going to replace a gsc-10, I would recommend spending a bit more on the Garmin magnetless sensors.  They are so much easier to set up and mange.

2015-03-03 9:29 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

In my experience,t he sensor and the magnet have to be really close.  I actually turn it off when I am outside and then have the head unit connect to it again the next time I use the trainer. 

I've had a lot fewer problems since switching to the Domane and the Trek DuoTrap sensor.

the duo trap is one of the slickest things going! Right into the friggin frame! I love mine
2015-03-03 9:43 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

the duo trap is one of the slickest things going! Right into the friggin frame! I love mine

Tom, do you have a Trek? The duotrap is fantastic, but it's designed for a cutout in the Trek frames. I brought it up more to quantify why I didn't have another recommendation at the moment. The Wahoo sensor I had been using to replace the GSC-10 (and before getting the Trek) is not listed on their site anymore. At least not that I could see.

2015-03-03 9:47 AM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

In my case, it's fitting my long workouts in amongst hockey games. Weekend 1: 2 hour bike before a game, them 9 mile run next day. Weekend 2: 2.5 hr bike with last hour moderately hard, then hockey, then 10 mile run with last 3 miles hard on the next day. Weekend 3: 3 hour ride, then hockey, then 11 mile run the next day, last two miles as hard as possible.  During the week, more interval runs. To me it sounds tough but I got through Feb. and I never thought I would, so surely I will survive March, too.  I know his workouts are making me stronger/faster and will continue to do so.  I really am glad I have a coach this year, I just have to gripe a little.

Do they hurt anything like past 1:14:xx in this

And yes I'm kidding. Some. That's a bit much for every hard workout. 

OW OW OW OW OW OW OW!

Brutal (but badazzed impressive)

Very much what Matt TX said!  That is some serious badazzery!

2015-03-03 10:18 AM

User image

My death will be from drowning this week, or falling off the bike on my trainer workouts.

Today is a "active recovery" day with strength only. Tomorrow my swim is a new workout for me with the main set of 8x(3x100m on 1:35) leaving on 5 minutes. Translation I will be doing 3 x 100 in 5 minutes. In reality I will be swimming the entire 2,400 without stopping because I'm not at a 1:35/100 meters. Both my coach and I know this but he likes to push me and he knows that my goal will be to get there. After the swim I have a 30 min easy run on the treadmill.

Thursday is my 50s swim which is okay, but then my trainer ride is 1:30 with it broken up into efforts by 20 minutes.

Friday is another active recovery

Saturday is also a new swim for me and while it will be hard, it's only 3,100 meters so the pain will be over quickly. Then I have a 2 hour trainer ride in the afternoon broken up into 30 min efforts.

Sunday is a 4,600 meter swim, but because it's broken up into 400s I like this workout. Then I have a 1:40 run/walk - 9 min run:1 walk.

I'm not running much right now because the cold and my foot/ankle do not get along well. It feels like someone is hitting "the limb", as we call it, with a sledge hammer every step i take.

So by this time next week I may be at the bottom of the pool swimming with Jimmy Hoffa and his cement shoes...
2015-03-03 10:23 AM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Tom, do you have a Trek? The duotrap is fantastic, but it's designed for a cutout in the Trek frames. I brought it up more to quantify why I didn't have another recommendation at the moment. The Wahoo sensor I had been using to replace the GSC-10 (and before getting the Trek) is not listed on their site anymore. At least not that I could see.

I don't have a Trek, so that's not going to work.  I'll play around with placement and other things today, but I might have to get a replacement unit. But if they send me a replacement unit, that will stink, because I'll have to take a week or two off from normal workouts.

2015-03-03 10:25 AM

User image

Denver, CO

My coach wants me to do 15 min. of foam rolling EVERY DAY.  The workouts are itty bitty but just enough, but that foam rolling - ouch ouch ouch!!! 

Hmmm, that is a TON of time foam rolling. What exactly are you rolling? And what is the coach hoping to accomplish with it?

I was wondering about that too. I've read that if you roll too long it can irritate the muscles.

She says, "Take some time to foam roll each day. You can do a full-body roll, or focus on specific parts that you think could use some extra attention."  I generally work on my legs, then glutes/piriformis, and back, then reverse direction and go back over things that were sore the 1st time around.  I did it for a week and didn't find it to be particularly helpful and it made my shoulder hurt from all the weight I was putting on it.  On the other hand, the last time I saw my PT, she said she could tell that I'd been doing it because the muscles were looser.  Coach hasn't given me an explanation other than that it will help me heal.  Think I should push back?  If so, how much seems like a reasonable amount?

I would definitely push back on the things that hurt. Then I would question exactly what the purpose was. 

I would too. Both there and because of the second sentence in the quote. If something is being made to hurt you really want to understand why and just how it's supposed to hurt. Without solid experience really check into that. Some of the bike workout stuff I did last night was blazing hard at the end of the intervals, but knew it was fine as that  was the type of burn I should feel and was occurring where I should feel it. Then during the run afterward there was a little twinge in my calf that I really paid attention to as that should not have been there at all.

And as for the earlier line, what is all the foam rolling supposed to be for? I know people like it (when they can get through the hurt), but the more I've read about it the less I think of it for any sort of regular use. You have a few things going on, but there are two general ideas I'm aware of for different situations. If something is regularly getting tight and seems to need the rolling then it's likely something else that is not strong enough or working quite right, placing extra stress on the tight area. The other is when loosening up areas that are too tight, there should be some strength building of some sort accompanying it. You want the strength to move throughout the range, otherwise you become more floppy & noodley which means less stable joints & motions. More range of motion tends to be a good thing, but you want the strength to move well through it or it can be trading one problem for another.

I do get regular ITB tightness, especially over my trochanter, which is very common after hip revision surgery.  I've had 2 of those surgeries and periodic rolling takes care of that. 

I'm also loosening up my piriformis/glutes/hamstring that got strained when I slipped on the ice in early January.  I'm doing strength/balance work as prescribed by my PT so I think I'm covering your second point as well.

The biggest problem is that all the lower body work puts a lot stress on my shoulder, which has an old injury I've never addressed.  I've never been able to do things like side planks without it flaring up.  I can swim fine as long as I gradually increase, but can definitely tell if I overdo it.  Regular massage and chiro definitely help with that.

I sent an email to Tess to ask whether I could either decrease the length of time spent on doing that or decrease the frequency, and asking for a rationale if she thinks that's not appropriate.  Haven't heard back yet.  I'm also going to discuss it with my PT and see what she thinks.

Thanks for your feedback, everybody!!

2015-03-03 11:01 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Seattle

I do get regular ITB tightness, especially over my trochanter, which is very common after hip revision surgery.  I've had 2 of those surgeries and periodic rolling takes care of that. 

I'm also loosening up my piriformis/glutes/hamstring that got strained when I slipped on the ice in early January.  I'm doing strength/balance work as prescribed by my PT so I think I'm covering your second point as well.

The biggest problem is that all the lower body work puts a lot stress on my shoulder, which has an old injury I've never addressed.  I've never been able to do things like side planks without it flaring up.  I can swim fine as long as I gradually increase, but can definitely tell if I overdo it.  Regular massage and chiro definitely help with that.

I sent an email to Tess to ask whether I could either decrease the length of time spent on doing that or decrease the frequency, and asking for a rationale if she thinks that's not appropriate.  Haven't heard back yet.  I'm also going to discuss it with my PT and see what she thinks.

Most ITB stuff is due to weakness elsewhere. The best way to address the weaknesses are addressed by strength exercises (hip abduction and glute work)

Most important, the ITB can't really be lengthened so stretching isn't really doing much for you. 

2015-03-03 11:02 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by popsracer

Unfortunately, I have to wait until Monday for the results of my scan.  I really wish they could do the scan and results same day.  It is a little nerve racking.

I'm going to go for a short run this morning to test out my sore foot.  Thought I'd go to the track so I could cut it short at anytime and not have to walk far.  This was a good week with 5 rides and 4 swims.  I really need to make some solid gains on the bike.

annnnd?

2015-03-03 11:11 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Heya Manatees I need help, support, advice, scolding whatever.

The good, the bad, the worst ...

Some really heavy stuff here. Been struggling with depression from the illness--bona fide, not just down & tired. While the pain can be worse than bones breaking (not kidding about this) a lot of folks have felt that the emotional effects are worse and last longer.

That being so, and knowing in all aspects of health some days will still be shytty for a while (but I'm overall much better) ...

Crap. Don't know what the fach I'm saying.

I felt OK not good but just fine-OK, phys & otherwise, for the first time in forever today. Also had a med follow-up, results are normal (not good, but OK, just as I am).

Some of you may know or remember (or not) but I do prison rehab stuff here. Two great men I'm honored to call friends, who have changed what used to be one of Asia's largest drug dealing centers (Bali's main jail) into a place where you can get clean/sober, get and offer counseling, take life skills and practical skills classes, and truly endless other things like fundraising for fellow inmates' basic needs (mattresses, soap, enough varied food ... no these are not given to you in Indonesian prison) and urgent extra needs like medical care, surgeries, lifesaving procedures.

10 years ago as incredibly stupid very young men they tried to arrange to take drugs out of Indonesia.

Tomorrow they are being transferred to the execution prison, to be shot.

Their many friends and supporters, including me certainly aren't, can't sleep tonight. Many are gathering at the prison and lighting candles.

I desperately, desperately, desperately want to go.

However, as last-ditch efforts go I feel I can be of more use writing, sharing, and asking people to sign petitions and write too.

And selfishly I feel like I have a tiny thread of health for the first time in weeks, it's a long trip out to the jail, it's also a freaking circus there right now, and I won't be of any use to me, my family, them, or their families or friends if I lose that.

Help. What would you do?

2015-03-03 11:28 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Some really heavy stuff here. Been struggling with depression from the illness--bona fide, not just down & tired. While the pain can be worse than bones breaking (not kidding about this) a lot of folks have felt that the emotional effects are worse and last longer.

That being so, and knowing in all aspects of health some days will still be shytty for a while (but I'm overall much better) ...

I felt OK not good but just fine-OK, phys & otherwise, for the first time in forever today. Also had a med follow-up, results are normal (not good, but OK, just as I am).

Some of you may know or remember (or not) but I do prison rehab stuff here. Two great men I'm honored to call friends, who have changed what used to be one of Asia's largest drug dealing centers (Bali's main jail) into a place where you can get clean/sober, get and offer counseling, take life skills and practical skills classes, and truly endless other things like fundraising for fellow inmates' basic needs (mattresses, soap, enough varied food ... no these are not given to you in Indonesian prison) and urgent extra needs like medical care, surgeries, lifesaving procedures.

10 years ago as incredibly stupid very young men they tried to arrange to take drugs out of Indonesia.

Their many friends and supporters, including me certainly aren't, can't sleep tonight. Many are gathering at the prison and lighting candles.

However, as last-ditch efforts go I feel I can be of more use writing, sharing, and asking people to sign petitions and write too.

And selfishly I feel like I have a tiny thread of health for the first time in weeks, it's a long trip out to the jail, it's also a freaking circus there right now, and I won't be of any use to me, my family, them, or their families or friends if I lose that.

Help. What would you do?

Be selfish.  Pray, write, share, then pray some more.  Tell us to whom to write or sign petitions.  Do whatever you can from where you are, but for goodness sake, do what is right for your health.

2015-03-03 11:32 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by IronOx

Be selfish.  Pray, write, share, then pray some more.  Tell us to whom to write or sign petitions.  Do whatever you can from where you are, but for goodness sake, do what is right for your health.

*Bless*

I really needed to hear that. I think I know that, but I needed to hear it.

2015-03-03 11:49 AM

User image

Denver, CO

*Bless*

I really needed to hear that. I think I know that, but I needed to hear it.

I agree with Kirsten.  Know that you have put tremendous resources into helping these men, getting the word out to many on FB.  Now is the time to take care of yourself, even if that means staying away from the vigil.  You can hold your own vigil if that will bring you comfort.  Sending you peace and light, my friend.  You are a candle in the darkness for so many others that some of that light.  ((((Hugs))))

2015-03-03 11:58 AM

User image

Melon Presser

If you want to help these two phenomenal friends of mine who have spent what's likely to be their last days (even hours) consoling OTHERS and asking that Indonesia and its officials be treated respectfully (! MUCH GREATER PEOPLE THAN I !) ... I know the letter may sound obsequious to Western ears, but the boys have asked for RESPECT and show of force incl. forceful language go over terribly here.

The most current petition (many are circulating, sign 'em all if you wish, will put 'em in a later post)

https://www.change.org/p/letter-to-indonesia-president-widodo-to-cease-executing-drugs-offenders

This was the FB blurb I wrote with it ^^^ My Aussie friends ?#‎AndrewChan? and ?#‎MyuranSukumaran? are to be transferred tomorrow for execution. National Human Rights Commissioner, Governor of Jakarta, many INDONESIAN leaders speak up for them and how they changed 1000s of INDONESIANS for the better. PLEASE HELP them keep helping INDONESIA!

Form letter to cut-paste to following addresses:

I humbly plead for a stay of execution for the lives of Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran to be spared, in order to continue serving the Indonesian people. I ask you to allow them to live, even within the Indonesian prison system for the rest of their lives, and acknowledge gratefully the unprecedented work you and your prison staff have done in enabling these men to be successfully rehabilitated and help so many others, who in turn all have family and friends who benefit. I understand that according to Indonesian law and rights, their punishment should be severe; I ask that it be a useful punishment in allowing them to live and continue to rehabilitate others. I see mercy as strength and practicality, and know the President of Indonesia is capable of acting powerfully and justly in this matter. Please make representation to Indonesia on my behalf.

Yours respectfully,

into Indonesia embassy in U.S. http://www.embassyofindonesia.org/wordpress/?page_id=998 (no direct email)

in Canada http://www.indonesia-ottawa.org/contact-us/

Indonesia embassy in Australia (they are Aussies by the way): [email protected]

UK: [email protected]

President of Indonesia Joko Widodo can be messaged through https://id-id.facebook.com/IrHJokoWidodo

or tweeted @jokowi_do2

2015-03-03 11:58 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master
Orlando

Help. What would you do?

Yes, this.

2015-03-03 12:21 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Melon Presser

Thank you, Kirstiron and HappyStoned and Hands-Marie. (how'd your race go? did I miss this?)

More petitions if you wish:

http://www.mercycampaign.org/

http://www.amnesty.org.au/action/action/36419/

This one was written by a lifelong friend of mine, English comes after the Indonesian: https://www.change.org/p/joko-widodo-presiden-republik-indonesia-surprise-us-again-forgive-heroes-on-death-row-punish-the-real-criminals

2015-03-03 12:23 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Unfortunately, I have to wait until Monday for the results of my scan.  I really wish they could do the scan and results same day.  It is a little nerve racking.

I'm going to go for a short run this morning to test out my sore foot.  Thought I'd go to the track so I could cut it short at anytime and not have to walk far.  This was a good week with 5 rides and 4 swims.  I really need to make some solid gains on the bike.

annnnd?

Well, he starts out with the old "I've got good news and bad news" which is not what I wanted to hear.  Last scan three months ago showed a very small something probably an enlarged lymph node that they wanted to check.  Hope was for it to have returned to normal.  Good news was that it had not grown, bad news was it was still there.  Another followup scan in six months along with parting words of  "don't worry it's probably nothing".  I hate it when they say that.  I didn't sleep well last night and probably wouldn't for a while.  It is almost worse to not know one way or the other.  At least I'm good to go for Boise 70.3 in June.

My foot is still sore.  My 3 mile test run went ok and I'll run this weekend.  Wouldn't race it but just try to get through without doing any damage.  Weather is supposed to be great.  My brother said low 60's.  After the meetup we are going back to his place for bbq and continued rehydration.  Looking forward to seeing you again.

2015-03-03 12:27 PM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I don't have a Trek, so that's not going to work.  I'll play around with placement and other things today, but I might have to get a replacement unit. But if they send me a replacement unit, that will stink, because I'll have to take a week or two off from normal workouts.

I think that Ben mentioned this one http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/05/garmins-spd-cad-magnetless-sensors.html

2015-03-03 12:28 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Seattle

annnnd?

Well, he starts out with the old "I've got good news and bad news" which is not what I wanted to hear.  Last scan three months ago showed a very small something probably an enlarged lymph node that they wanted to check.  Hope was for it to have returned to normal.  Good news was that it had not grown, bad news was it was still there.  Another followup scan in six months along with parting words of  "don't worry it's probably nothing".  I hate it when they say that.  I didn't sleep well last night and probably wouldn't for a while.  It is almost worse to not know one way or the other.  At least I'm good to go for Boise 70.3 in June.

My foot is still sore.  My 3 mile test run went ok and I'll run this weekend.  Wouldn't race it but just try to get through without doing any damage.  Weather is supposed to be great.  My brother said low 60's.  After the meetup we are going back to his place for bbq and continued rehydration.  Looking forward to seeing you again.

Yeah I hear you on not knowing either way. I'm sorry you have to be in that position. BUT no sense worrying until you have something to actually worry about. I know that's way easier said than done.

Lookin' forward to a beer with you again. I'm headed to the hills after. Maybe I too will continue re-hydration...just at 5,000'

2015-03-03 12:29 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

It's always worthwhile to get clarification from your coach.  The longer that you are with her, the fewer questions that you are likely to have.  I know that it can sometimes be frustrating to have to go back and forth but in the end, it'll be worth it.

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 107

RELATED POSTS

Ben's Mentor Group w/ Google Hangouts! ***CLOSED*** Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by bcagle25
Views: 15346 Posts: 182

2015-03-13 3:55 PM wannabefaster

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 27910 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 11808 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 66206 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 54526 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.