General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Taking the Plunge Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-08-24 6:59 PM

New user

Ontario
Subject: Taking the Plunge
Hello Everyone,
I've decided to try some endurance racing. I figured it was a cheaper way to go for my mid-life crisis than an affair and a sports car.
Actually, I've been very inactive this last year and I can feel my health deteriorating as my belly starts to push past my belt.
I thought I'd start slow-ish. I looked over the 16 week "Couch to 5k" plan, and I can meet all of the target times for the end of month 1, so I'll start the first week of month 2.
My goal is to finish an Olympic by this time next year.
Wish me luck!
TTYL
Colin

2006-08-24 8:01 PM
in reply to: #521341

User image

Gilbert, AZ
Subject: RE: Taking the Plunge
Good luck! I'm also going to try to do an Oly next year if all goes well.
2006-08-24 8:09 PM

Winnipeg
I wish you all the luck!!
I,too, can't afford the sports car and certainly not the mistress. Hell, I can't even afford some of the bikes some of these guys are riding around on! I decided a while ago I might as well make myself too tired to fool around (with anyone other than my wife, that is) so I have decided to try a tri. Have yet to take the plunge (literally) because I know I can't swim worth a damn, so I still have to work up the courage to get to a pool. Given my obvious aquatic deficiencies, my goal is to do a sprint trathlon at some time next year.
As long as I do not drown in the interim, I will continue to wish you luck. There are alot of us here in your shoes and you will get lots of support on these pages.
2006-08-25 6:37 PM

New user

Ontario
Thanks for the encouragment!
2006-08-29 4:56 PM

New user

Ontario
I actually got started today. Ran for 9 minutes and walked for 21, broken up into 3/7 intervals.
I fell pretty good and, while I certainly broke a darn good sweat, found it all relatviely painless.
Let's see if I still feel that way in the morning.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Taking the Plunge Rss Feed