General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM Western Australia Bike Transport? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-04-13 11:09 AM

User image

Expert
Alexandria, MN
Subject: IM Western Australia Bike Transport?
Hey folks,

I'm looking at signing up for this race, currently researching the logistics and am coming up short on bike transport. For anyone that's from the US and raced over there, what did you do for bike transport? Tribike Transport does not service that part of the world.

I don't mind packing my bike in a nice hard sided travel box and checking it, it's what I did for IMAZ, but flying from MN to AZ with a bike is a bit different than flying all the way to Perth. Way more opportunity for my bike to be mishandled and/or abused, regardless of how well I pack it.

Furthermore, I'm going to be staying and traveling around the country for at least an extra week after the race, the last thing I want to do is continue lugging my bike everywhere with me.

Any suggestions?

2015-04-13 12:32 PM
in reply to: Climbinggonzo

Regular
avon, montana
Subject: RE: IM Western Australia Bike Transport?
I took the bike with me as i made it a 3 week trip
2015-04-14 11:01 AM
in reply to: Climbinggonzo

Subject: RE: IM Western Australia Bike Transport?
I'm contemplating doing this too next year from MN-- looked at all the options and I think I will fly with it in a bike case (will likely purchase a ruster sport hen house-- the reinforced $600+ model) and fly Quantas (Delta is traditionally not good with bike fees).. Quantas seems very fair about bikes..
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM Western Australia Bike Transport? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Tri bike Transport Changes Pickup dates for Bikes to Kona

Started by wannabefaster
Views: 1140 Posts: 1

2011-09-14 3:07 PM wannabefaster

Ironman Western Australia

Started by eye3md
Views: 814 Posts: 3

2008-12-15 6:03 PM eye3md

Western Australia IM watching thread

Started by ejc999
Views: 1514 Posts: 17

2007-12-15 1:15 PM guyo

IRONMAN Western Australia 2007

Started by rosiethedog40
Views: 898 Posts: 6

2007-09-21 2:36 PM guyo

Ironman Western Australia - Busselton

Started by znzbwana
Views: 1257 Posts: 12

2006-10-16 8:01 PM Minkota
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 17, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I have about 9k miles on my bike, what needs to be done, checked or replaced to be sure it is in tip-top shape? I'm racing IM Canada this summer.

date : October 2, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on Total Immersion swimming, strength training, road bike or triathlon bike, stationary biking for Ironman training, heat and GI issues and doing a HIM before a first IM.
date : February 16, 2005
author : trilover
comments : 1
Byrn won’t hold your hand through the long hours and miles required finishing or for success in an IM, he can only show you how to get there. The work is up to you.

date : December 27, 2004
author : trilover
Interview with three-time Ironman World Champion Peter Reid
date : November 14, 2004
author : Akuma
I am 28 now, hardly an old crony, but life in busy Sydney Australia has meant my belly is softer than the excuses I use to convince myself I am in good shape.

date : September 14, 2004
author : tri_again
How to juggle life's demands with triathlon training needs.