General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 20-week plan vs winter maintenance? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-10-26 8:36 AM

Rockwall, Texas
Subject: 20-week plan vs winter maintenance?
Just wondering about these plans? I haven't seen the maintenance plans and am wondering what the value is. Seems if I start a 20-week at the first of November, I'll be ready come the start of March. Am I looking at this wrong? Also, when you start a new plan, do you start it from the beginning even if the first week/month doesn't really push you?
Thanks!
Joey

2015-10-26 11:30 AM
in reply to: biggfam5

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
Subject: RE: 20-week plan vs winter maintenance?

Some of the WM plans are setup to focus on specific sports running a shorter duration of 8 weeks such as the run focused plan, bike focused plan, swim focused plan.  This allows one to pick a plan to work on a particular weakness or two. For instance you could do one of these then do a 12 week 3x plan if you had a tri in March you wanted to be ready for. 

No need to start a plan from T0 if the beginning is deemed to "easy" for you.  You could modify it or start at week 4 and do it twice, etc.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 20-week plan vs winter maintenance? Rss Feed