BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Slornow and Wannabefaster's mentor group...Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 49

2016-01-26 10:07 AM
in reply to: GoFaster

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley
Subject: RE: Slornow and Wannabefaster's mentor group...Closed
Question on how to ramp up my running. By way of background, I am a SLOW, very poor runner. Having had a hip replacement 27 months ago I can only train on a treadmill or soft surface. The pounding of the roads is saved for events.

I have been running on a treadmill twice a week for the past few months. Typically 4 - 5 miles at a slow pace of 4.5-5.0 mph. Sometimes I do a walk/run at a ratio of 1/4 or more recently 1/5. A 'good' run will be five miles all running in the 5.0-5.5 mph range. Today I did 5.25 miles in an hour with an average incline of 3.5%, all running and no walking.

So should I just continue to extend the distance and slowly increase speed on my 2 day per week schedule or should I add a third day. I did add a third day last week and it was hard on the legs but being hard is not a reason to stop. By hard I just mean the legs felt a bit beat up but no specific pain anywhere. I did notice it taking me longer to get the legs warmed up on my rides.

So more distance & speed 2 times a week or more volume 3 times a week or some other option? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

2016-01-26 10:35 AM
in reply to: Stuartap

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Stuartap

Question on how to ramp up my running. By way of background, I am a SLOW, very poor runner. Having had a hip replacement 27 months ago I can only train on a treadmill or soft surface. The pounding of the roads is saved for events.

I have been running on a treadmill twice a week for the past few months. Typically 4 - 5 miles at a slow pace of 4.5-5.0 mph. Sometimes I do a walk/run at a ratio of 1/4 or more recently 1/5. A 'good' run will be five miles all running in the 5.0-5.5 mph range. Today I did 5.25 miles in an hour with an average incline of 3.5%, all running and no walking.

So should I just continue to extend the distance and slowly increase speed on my 2 day per week schedule or should I add a third day. I did add a third day last week and it was hard on the legs but being hard is not a reason to stop. By hard I just mean the legs felt a bit beat up but no specific pain anywhere. I did notice it taking me longer to get the legs warmed up on my rides.

So more distance & speed 2 times a week or more volume 3 times a week or some other option? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

My advice would be to grow mileage week over week by at most 10% (which is 1 mile for you)
I would add a third day, even a fourth even if it means taking some of the 2 1hour days and moving them to the 3rd day

So if you are doing 10miles now (5+5), do 11 next week, 4+4+3, then 12 the following week 4+4+4, then 13 the following 3+4+3+3. Build volume through frequency.

Ideally and this is only if you would like to really get into running, slowly grown it until you get to a BarryP type plan where you are doing
1x, 2x,1x,2x,1x,3x, where x is your weekly mileage divided by 10. So when you make it to 30miles 3,6,3,6,3,9 in 6 runs
When you get to a reasonable amount of weekly miles, you could turn the 2x sessions into some form of speed work but we're getting ahead of ourselves.

That's what I would do.

2016-01-26 11:05 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley
Marc thanks for the feedback. I tried to include everything in my original post but forgot one obvious point which was exposed in your response. What should my weekly mileage goal be? I truthfully have no desire to ever become a runner routinely doing 30 miles a week. I want to run a respectable final leg of my HIM & IM.

To do that, what should my weekly mileage goals be for those building towards two events?

Thanks again.
2016-01-26 11:15 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Marc thanks for the feedback. I tried to include everything in my original post but forgot one obvious point which was exposed in your response. What should my weekly mileage goal be? I truthfully have no desire to ever become a runner routinely doing 30 miles a week. I want to run a respectable final leg of my HIM & IM.

To do that, what should my weekly mileage goals be for those building towards two events?

Thanks again.

There was a great article by the QT2 head honcho on "critical volume". He claimed that to do well you had to do 7/3 of the race distance in 2 of the weeks prior to a race (for the run). So for HIM that's 30miles, 60 for IM.

Now that's only for 2 weeks and there are TONS of people that don't do that mileage, especially for IM

So I don't think there's an answer to your question. What *I* would do is balance my training, somewhere along the lines of 47% bike, 33% run, 20% swim and do what the 33% allows me. That number will of course change depending on a given focus, strength/weakness and of course, what you enjoy.

2016-01-26 11:39 AM
in reply to: wannabefaster

User image

Veteran
Houston, Texas

Originally posted by wannabefaster Wednesday, 9:30 AM. Going to get this knee dealt with. My wife had a bunch of stuff planned for that morning so I am kind of in the dog house as far as scheduling but I just want to start healing. I'll make it up to her. Surgeon says I will walk out of the hospital after surgery. No weight bearing restrictions. He also says the bike will be ideal for ROM and strengthening my quad. No running until after my two week follow up, which honestly, the way I feel right now, I have no problem with. Anyways. I haven't been able to offer much in the way of training the last month but I'm hoping that will change in the near future. I guess I will have more time to sit in front of the computer and offer armchair advice ;-)

Glad to hear you're getting it taken care of!  I had knee surgery (it was basically an exploratory scope, where they trimmed my plica but didn't find anything else).  I was back spinning on the bike within a week and I think it helped recovery a lot.  Hope it all goes well and you come out feeling much better!

2016-01-26 11:43 AM

User image

Veteran
Houston, Texas

My treadmill was delivered last night.  For some reason, I thought they were going to assemble it for me (I could have sworn I read that somewhere, but it was probably just wishful thinking).  I had to be somewhat creative to get it out of the box, but eventually did and assembled it all last night. 

I did something stupid on Saturday night....I "stubbed" my toe on my bed frame, and by stubbed, I mean I smashed my foot so hard I actually thought I'd broken my fifth metatarsal (on the same foot that just recovered from my stress fracture....dumb!).  Even today, it still hurts, but at least now I'm 99% convinced it's a nasty bone bruise.  I took yesterday off from running, but will do a 15' run to test the treadmill and my foot tonight. 

2016-01-26 2:46 PM

User image

Elite
Ontario

Originally posted by Stuartap Question on how to ramp up my running. By way of background, I am a SLOW, very poor runner. Having had a hip replacement 27 months ago I can only train on a treadmill or soft surface. The pounding of the roads is saved for events. I have been running on a treadmill twice a week for the past few months. Typically 4 - 5 miles at a slow pace of 4.5-5.0 mph. Sometimes I do a walk/run at a ratio of 1/4 or more recently 1/5. A 'good' run will be five miles all running in the 5.0-5.5 mph range. Today I did 5.25 miles in an hour with an average incline of 3.5%, all running and no walking. So should I just continue to extend the distance and slowly increase speed on my 2 day per week schedule or should I add a third day. I did add a third day last week and it was hard on the legs but being hard is not a reason to stop. By hard I just mean the legs felt a bit beat up but no specific pain anywhere. I did notice it taking me longer to get the legs warmed up on my rides. So more distance & speed 2 times a week or more volume 3 times a week or some other option? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Stuart - one thing that popped out for me was your run from today.  An all uphill run for an hour would be pretty taxing (can honestly say I've never done that).  Your legs may take more of a beating for that hour of running vs an hour at a 1% incline and a slightly quicker pace.  Perhaps a better middle ground is to mix up the runs a bit by changing the incline and/or speed throughout the run as well.

To add to Marc's comment, you'll benefit from more frequent and shorter runs rather than trying to pile it all into just 2 runs/week.  If you can make 4 days a week routine with the same hours, then later on start to add volume to a selection of those runs.  I would worry much less about the speed portion at this point.  Perhaps the BarryP plan is too agressive with the number of days you have to run, but the principles of gradually increasing volume, while ensuring running frequency, seems to have paid off for a lot of folks.

2016-01-26 2:54 PM

User image

Elite
Ontario

Originally posted by marcag Third week of progression towards 6x4@105%/45sec recovery I did 6x4 with 55sec rest. 3 at 104%, 3 at 105%. Next week reduce to 50sec and get to 105% on all. It was tough but doable http://tpks.ws/latGCongrats on the race Jason!!

I'm just surprised you need any rest...

5x3min@~115% for me tomorrow night - but I get 3-4min recovery.

2016-01-26 3:01 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by GoFaster

Originally posted by marcag Third week of progression towards 6x4@105%/45sec recovery I did 6x4 with 55sec rest. 3 at 104%, 3 at 105%. Next week reduce to 50sec and get to 105% on all. It was tough but doable http://tpks.ws/latGCongrats on the race Jason!!

I'm just surprised you need any rest...

5x3min@~115% for me tomorrow night - but I get 3-4min recovery.

I have to create playlists otherwise I wouldn't make it.
2016-01-26 3:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley
Originally posted by GoFaster

Originally posted by Stuartap Question on how to ramp up my running. By way of background, I am a SLOW, very poor runner. Having had a hip replacement 27 months ago I can only train on a treadmill or soft surface. The pounding of the roads is saved for events. I have been running on a treadmill twice a week for the past few months. Typically 4 - 5 miles at a slow pace of 4.5-5.0 mph. Sometimes I do a walk/run at a ratio of 1/4 or more recently 1/5. A 'good' run will be five miles all running in the 5.0-5.5 mph range. Today I did 5.25 miles in an hour with an average incline of 3.5%, all running and no walking. So should I just continue to extend the distance and slowly increase speed on my 2 day per week schedule or should I add a third day. I did add a third day last week and it was hard on the legs but being hard is not a reason to stop. By hard I just mean the legs felt a bit beat up but no specific pain anywhere. I did notice it taking me longer to get the legs warmed up on my rides. So more distance & speed 2 times a week or more volume 3 times a week or some other option? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Stuart - one thing that popped out for me was your run from today.  An all uphill run for an hour would be pretty taxing (can honestly say I've never done that).  Your legs may take more of a beating for that hour of running vs an hour at a 1% incline and a slightly quicker pace.  Perhaps a better middle ground is to mix up the runs a bit by changing the incline and/or speed throughout the run as well.

To add to Marc's comment, you'll benefit from more frequent and shorter runs rather than trying to pile it all into just 2 runs/week.  If you can make 4 days a week routine with the same hours, then later on start to add volume to a selection of those runs.  I would worry much less about the speed portion at this point.  Perhaps the BarryP plan is too agressive with the number of days you have to run, but the principles of gradually increasing volume, while ensuring running frequency, seems to have paid off for a lot of folks.

Neil that is a good point. As I was transitioning from a heel strike to a mid strike I found it easier to do with a slight incline and I have just left that there. Doing an added day or days with shorter durations would actually work very well with my schedule. I will keep reading the feedback from the rest of you, who my guess is are all better runners than I, but I like the direction the conversation is going. It's something I can actually do.

Thanks,
2016-01-26 3:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
As I was transitioning from a heel strike to a mid strike I found it easier to do with a slight incline and I have just left that there.

Do that slowly. That's how I developed achilles issues that I never really got rid of. It's hard on the calves

2016-01-26 4:19 PM

User image

Oakville

Neil that is a good point. As I was transitioning from a heel strike to a mid strike I found it easier to do with a slight incline and I have just left that there. Doing an added day or days with shorter durations would actually work very well with my schedule. I will keep reading the feedback from the rest of you, who my guess is are all better runners than I, but I like the direction the conversation is going. It's something I can actually do. Thanks,

Stuart - not sure if you are still working on transitioning from a heel strike to mid strike, but a few years ago I had to work on increasing my cadence due to overstriding and calf injuries.

The higher cadence changed me from a heel striker to more of a mid foot striker.

You may have limitations on your cadence from your hip surgery, but if its not a problem for you the Garmin foot pod on the treadmill really helped me to increase cadence from the low 160s to about 180.  

2016-01-26 7:19 PM

User image

Master
South Alabama

Originally posted by marcag
My advice would be to grow mileage week over week by at most 10% (which is 1 mile for you) I would add a third day, even a fourth even if it means taking some of the 2 1hour days and moving them to the 3rd day So if you are doing 10miles now (5+5), do 11 next week, 4+4+3, then 12 the following week 4+4+4, then 13 the following 3+4+3+3. Build volume through frequency. Ideally and this is only if you would like to really get into running, slowly grown it until you get to a BarryP type plan where you are doing 1x, 2x,1x,2x,1x,3x, where x is your weekly mileage divided by 10. So when you make it to 30miles 3,6,3,6,3,9 in 6 runs When you get to a reasonable amount of weekly miles, you could turn the 2x sessions into some form of speed work but we're getting ahead of ourselves. That's what I would do.

Stuart-this is good advice...as usual.  I am doing a variation of  this over the Winter hoping to build to a few 30 mile weeks in February.  I have been running 5-6 days a week most weeks and bumping up my long run every other week.  I have varied it a bit by building currently to 3X 30 min;  2X 45-50 min and then a long run of 60-75 minutes when running 6X a week.  For the 5X a week I will drop one of the 30 or 45 min runs depending on how my legs are feeling. All of it very easy.  Beginning in early March I will incorporate some quicker intervals since my early season races are sprints.  The added frequency/volume helps build up the body's tolerance to the rigors of running while limiting the chance, hopefully, of injury.

2016-01-27 6:06 AM
in reply to: slornow

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley
Marc I have been working on the transition to a mid strike for well over a year. Only because I have had Achilles issues in he past, I do a lot of stretching and that issue at least has not reappeared.

Scott yes, part of the transition to the mid strike has been a shorter quicker stride. Quicker is of course a relative term.

Randy I think the only difference in us doing the suggested routine is the vast difference in time and distance. When you say "Al of it very easy", that means something quite different than when I run. Right now 'easy' for me is a 12 minute mile and sometimes even that is tough. By contrast a 10 minute mile is hard work for me.

Don't get me wrong, the extra time for me to do the same mileage is not an issue, just a realization that my time/distance/effort equation is much different for me. I think the key measure is miles and not time. As suggested, If I run three times a week 4-4-4 it's important to get those miles in even though it is going yo take me a lot longer than most to complete.

Thanks again to all.
2016-01-27 11:07 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley
Finished my workout this morning. I went to a Sufferfest class for two hours. Nine Hammers followed by The Rookie. I need a nap!

2016-01-27 11:20 AM

User image

there is finally enough afternoon sunlight for me to make it out to a weekday group ride.  30 miles yesterday, 213 AP, 287 NP.  The motivation factor for me riding in a tough group cant be replicated solo.  There was about 10 minutes of stoppage time, but basically .99 IF for 90 minutes.  I know it's not the same as riding steady...since it would be theoretically impossible, but still training I can't simulate on my own.  

2016-01-27 11:26 AM

User image

Veteran
Houston, Texas

Originally posted by wannabefaster Wednesday, 9:30 AM. Going to get this knee dealt with. My wife had a bunch of stuff planned for that morning so I am kind of in the dog house as far as scheduling but I just want to start healing. I'll make it up to her. Surgeon says I will walk out of the hospital after surgery. No weight bearing restrictions. He also says the bike will be ideal for ROM and strengthening my quad. No running until after my two week follow up, which honestly, the way I feel right now, I have no problem with. Anyways. I haven't been able to offer much in the way of training the last month but I'm hoping that will change in the near future. I guess I will have more time to sit in front of the computer and offer armchair advice ;-)

How did the surgery go?

2016-01-27 3:12 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Master
South Alabama

Originally posted by Jason N

there is finally enough afternoon sunlight for me to make it out to a weekday group ride.  30 miles yesterday, 213 AP, 287 NP.  The motivation factor for me riding in a tough group cant be replicated solo.  There was about 10 minutes of stoppage time, but basically .99 IF for 90 minutes.  I know it's not the same as riding steady...since it would be theoretically impossible, but still training I can't simulate on my own.  

That's some serious quality there.  Good job!

2016-01-27 3:16 PM

User image

Master
South Alabama

Originally posted by Stuartap Marc I have been working on the transition to a mid strike for well over a year. Only because I have had Achilles issues in he past, I do a lot of stretching and that issue at least has not reappeared. Scott yes, part of the transition to the mid strike has been a shorter quicker stride. Quicker is of course a relative term. Randy I think the only difference in us doing the suggested routine is the vast difference in time and distance. When you say "Al of it very easy", that means something quite different than when I run. Right now 'easy' for me is a 12 minute mile and sometimes even that is tough. By contrast a 10 minute mile is hard work for me. Don't get me wrong, the extra time for me to do the same mileage is not an issue, just a realization that my time/distance/effort equation is much different for me. I think the key measure is miles and not time. As suggested, If I run three times a week 4-4-4 it's important to get those miles in even though it is going yo take me a lot longer than most to complete. Thanks again to all.

Stuart-understand your point and rather than looking at it in a certain # of miles for each run think in terms of time and building that way.  3X20 min, 2X40 min and 1X60 min for example....works out to 3hr 20 min of running... a very solid week.  You can do this without regard to mileage and try to build that way....no concern about pace but building tolerance to running.  Times are just an example you can always start with whatever amount of time and go from there.

2016-01-27 3:20 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley
Originally posted by slornow

Originally posted by Stuartap Marc I have been working on the transition to a mid strike for well over a year. Only because I have had Achilles issues in he past, I do a lot of stretching and that issue at least has not reappeared. Scott yes, part of the transition to the mid strike has been a shorter quicker stride. Quicker is of course a relative term. Randy I think the only difference in us doing the suggested routine is the vast difference in time and distance. When you say "Al of it very easy", that means something quite different than when I run. Right now 'easy' for me is a 12 minute mile and sometimes even that is tough. By contrast a 10 minute mile is hard work for me. Don't get me wrong, the extra time for me to do the same mileage is not an issue, just a realization that my time/distance/effort equation is much different for me. I think the key measure is miles and not time. As suggested, If I run three times a week 4-4-4 it's important to get those miles in even though it is going yo take me a lot longer than most to complete. Thanks again to all.

Stuart-understand your point and rather than looking at it in a certain # of miles for each run think in terms of time and building that way.  3X20 min, 2X40 min and 1X60 min for example....works out to 3hr 20 min of running... a very solid week.  You can do this without regard to mileage and try to build that way....no concern about pace but building tolerance to running.  Times are just an example you can always start with whatever amount of time and go from there.

Randy I am up to either approach, by miles or minutes, whichever will yield the best long term results. As a lifelong non-runner though, I have no frame of reference as to which approach makes the most sense. That's my dilemma. If minutes works better than miles, I am ok with that.
2016-01-27 3:36 PM

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan

Originally posted by marcag
My advice would be to grow mileage week over week by at most 10% (which is 1 mile for you) I would add a third day, even a fourth even if it means taking some of the 2 1hour days and moving them to the 3rd day So if you are doing 10miles now (5+5), do 11 next week, 4+4+3, then 12 the following week 4+4+4, then 13 the following 3+4+3+3. Build volume through frequency. Ideally and this is only if you would like to really get into running, slowly grown it until you get to a BarryP type plan where you are doing 1x, 2x,1x,2x,1x,3x, where x is your weekly mileage divided by 10. So when you make it to 30miles 3,6,3,6,3,9 in 6 runs When you get to a reasonable amount of weekly miles, you could turn the 2x sessions into some form of speed work but we're getting ahead of ourselves. That's what I would do.

Stuart-this is good advice...as usual.  I am doing a variation of  this over the Winter hoping to build to a few 30 mile weeks in February.  I have been running 5-6 days a week most weeks and bumping up my long run every other week.  I have varied it a bit by building currently to 3X 30 min;  2X 45-50 min and then a long run of 60-75 minutes when running 6X a week.  For the 5X a week I will drop one of the 30 or 45 min runs depending on how my legs are feeling. All of it very easy.  Beginning in early March I will incorporate some quicker intervals since my early season races are sprints.  The added frequency/volume helps build up the body's tolerance to the rigors of running while limiting the chance, hopefully, of injury.

Stuart,

I would really pay attention to everything that Marc has been saying in response to your question. That guy is obviously really smart :-)

I really like the point about growing your mileage through frequency rather than increasing the length of your long runs. This is probably going to be much easier on your body (once you slowly get used to running more often). Even adding a few 15-30 minute runs each week can help you increase your running time without destroying your body or your (daily/life) schedule.

As for mileage goals; getting to 20-25 miles per week would be my minimum to feel like I could conquer the IM run. 25-35 might be better but I recognize the limitations created by your hip, and in your situation doing a little more on the bike and a little less on the run might be what you need to get to the start line healthy. Marc gave some percentage of times dedicated to each discipline. I have typically trained 50-55% of my time the bike, 30-35% on the run and 10-20% swim, which interestingly enough comes out to match almost exactly the percentage of time each discipline takes me during the actual race.

2016-01-27 3:43 PM
in reply to: ligersandtions

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
Originally posted by ligersandtions

How did the surgery go?

I don't think it could have gone better.

Once the spinal wore off I was able to walk to the bathroom, no problem.

I can already tell that the rough surface in my knee that was causing so much pain is gone. I have some post-surgical pain but nowhere near how much it was before the OR. I would have rated my pain a 6-7 walking in the the hospital and I might call it a 2-3 now.

Now, for the really cool part, surgeon told me to get on the bike tomorrow at low resistance. Cooler still, he wrote me a PT prescription to a local therapist with an Alter-G treadmill and he wants me running next week! Yeehaw.
2016-01-27 3:53 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by wannabefaster
I would really pay attention to everything that Marc has been saying in response to your question. That guy is obviously really smart :-)

You are either still on sedatives or you haven't been in TT lately :-)
2016-01-27 6:06 PM

User image

New user
New Hampshire
Originally posted by wannabefaster

Originally posted by ligersandtions

How did the surgery go?

I don't think it could have gone better.

Once the spinal wore off I was able to walk to the bathroom, no problem.

I can already tell that the rough surface in my knee that was causing so much pain is gone. I have some post-surgical pain but nowhere near how much it was before the OR. I would have rated my pain a 6-7 walking in the the hospital and I might call it a 2-3 now.

Now, for the really cool part, surgeon told me to get on the bike tomorrow at low resistance. Cooler still, he wrote me a PT prescription to a local therapist with an Alter-G treadmill and he wants me running next week! Yeehaw.

That's awesome news! Hopefully, recovery is nice and smooth for you.
2016-01-27 6:21 PM

User image

New user
New Hampshire

Randy I am up to either approach, by miles or minutes, whichever will yield the best long term results. As a lifelong non-runner though, I have no frame of reference as to which approach makes the most sense. That's my dilemma. If minutes works better than miles, I am ok with that.

I hear what you're saying but in reality I think it depends on how you run. If you are doing an out and back minutes work well. A 40 minute run is 20 out, turn around and run back for your 40. I personally prefer to run loops most of the time so I don't see the same scenery twice. So if the plan is to run 40 minutes and my easy pace is 10 min/mi. then I run my 4 mile loop. I tend to build volume by adding miles but minutes works just as well. If that makes any sense.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Slornow and Wannabefaster's mentor group...Closed Rss Feed  

of 49

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2016 - Closed Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112

Started by cdban66
Views: 55820 Posts: 2782

2016-04-12 12:54 AM StaceyK

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.