General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone racing Yuba? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-09-05 11:39 AM

Subject: Anyone racing Yuba?
Hi guys (and gals),

I'm a newbie and decided to see if anybody was going to be racing Yuba. I'm a 37 year old Clydsdale living in central Utah. I had registered to run the Top of Utah marathon in 3 weeks, but 13 weeks into trainging I developed ITB problems which put an end to my training. I had always wanted to try a tri and had planned on starting to train to do one next year. I found the Yuba triathlon on the web and thought "that's right next door!" (I live in Gunnison). I thought about heading over to watch the race, but I saw that it was only $30 to participate! (I'm a sucker for a good deal...) So,... I'm going to do my first triathlon this Saturday. I tried an open water swim last saturday and I've been on the bike 3 or 4 times for 10 -15 miles in the last 2 weeks. I'm treating it more as a fun workout than a race and I should be o.k. for the endurance part because of my running. Oh, and I can run 3 miles without my knee bothering me.

Anyway, just thought I would say "hi"!

Looking forward to meeting you!

Doug Agren

2006-09-06 12:55 PM
in reply to: #531046

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Subject: RE: Anyone racing Yuba?

Good luck with it!  I'm sure you'll make it through just fine with your run training.  I also started triathlon during an injury break from running and found that I like it better than marathoning.

Yuba is very cheap this year, because they are trying to bring back the venue after a couple of years.  The old Yuba triathlons were not well managed, from my understanding.  The group putting it on now is the same group that does Salem and should do well.  Don't expect a big crowd down there this year, but I'm sure the numbers will grow in the years to come, as will the price.

Let us know how it goes. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone racing Yuba? Rss Feed