Other Resources 2017 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society (BDAS)--OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: Ron Reply
Show Per page

of 57

2017-07-20 12:47 PM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Southern Illinois
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation Society (BDAS)--OPEN
It is noon and I'm wearing my fourth outfit of the day (fifth if you count swimsuit). I hate humidity!

1 hour run this morning that was more of a slog fest than anything else. It was just gross and I wasn't fast and just ugh!! After that I had to run over to my research facility and mow the grass before it got ridiculously hot. The joy there is that I have to wear long pants, boot, and long sleeves to protect against snakes, ticks, and poison ivy. Next was the gym for some weight lifting, followed by a short 1400yd swim. Yep, four outfits by noon.

Anyone racing this weekend?!?!

2017-07-20 6:21 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Bronze member
Originally posted by drfoodloveIt is noon and I'm wearing my fourth outfit of the day (fifth if you count swimsuit). I hate humidity! 1 hour run this morning that was more of a slog fest than anything else. It was just gross and I wasn't fast and just ugh!! After that I had to run over to my research facility and mow the grass before it got ridiculously hot. The joy there is that I have to wear long pants, boot, and long sleeves to protect against snakes, ticks, and poison ivy. Next was the gym for some weight lifting, followed by a short 1400yd swim. Yep, four outfits by noon. Anyone racing this weekend?!?!
Now THAT is a morning. :-)No racing for me, obviously, but I'm shooting for 40+ miles on the bike Saturday and walking/hiking 6 miles on Sunday.
2017-07-21 6:00 AM
in reply to: #5207975

User image

Southern Illinois
Looking down the barrel of a four hour brick. Just waiting for the sun to fully rise to head out before we start to bake, or maybe it is baste with the projected humidity. What's everyone have on tap for today?
2017-07-21 7:59 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Bronze member

Originally posted by drfoodlove Looking down the barrel of a four hour brick. Just waiting for the sun to fully rise to head out before we start to bake, or maybe it is baste with the projected humidity. What's everyone have on tap for today?

Planned day off for me - my first in two weeks.  I'm traveling back home from CT later today.  

It's even hot here, for goodness' sake.  97 and humid in B-more today and this weekend.  I'd better get riding early.

2017-07-21 12:42 PM
in reply to: #5224743

User image

Southern Illinois
3:15 bike followed by 30' brick run. By the time I got to the run it was 98F. Needless to say, it sucked! Bike wasn't bad until last half hour when my saddle just didn't seem comfortable anymore! I followed it up with my first ever ice bath!! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I don't think I had enough ice to really get the water temp down enough. My thermometer said it was 65F. I'm giving ice baths a shot, even though the research is inconclusive. I've noticed my legs feel a lot better if I can get to the pool after a log bike or run, so this is just a more extreme version of that.
New Thread
Other Resources 2017 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society (BDAS)--OPEN Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 57

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Maturing Triathlete Mentor Group Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by k9car363
Views: 15286 Posts: 664

2017-07-22 3:40 AM Juliecl

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 29, 2016
author : CoachSarah
comments : 3
Learn how to prepare and avoid the cold water freak-out

date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.