General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Spanish triathlete visiting the Garden Route Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-01-13 5:18 AM

Subject: Spanish triathlete visiting the Garden Route
Hi all,

I'm a beginner triathlete from Spain who is going on vacation to Cape Town and the Garden Route this February. I'll be spending there two weeks until I get to Port Elizabeth. These two weeks are my time off the training plan to just have fun and do some other activities (bungee jumping, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.). I still plan on doing some running, swimming and road or MB cycling though.

Since I'm backpacking and won't have my bike or equipment with me, I've tried to find good rental bike shops on the web but I cannot seem to find any. I wouldn't like to have to rent a cheap old bike if there are nicer options. I have doubts about if I'll be able to rent a good bike (like a Giant, Scott, Trek, Specialized, etc.) easily or it's an illusion. Could you recommend me any? Any must-do route that I should try? Wilderness and Pletts are maybe the focus of my research.

My itinerary is:

Cape Tow
Mossel Bay
Wilderness
Pletts
Storm's river
Port Elizabeth

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Spanish triathlete visiting the Garden Route Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Found a route in route manager - now what?

Started by bwingate
Views: 579 Posts: 1

2010-05-28 9:45 AM bwingate

Lance/Spanish Press?

Started by Fatdoggy
Views: 2384 Posts: 6

2009-08-04 7:25 AM cpfint

New Feature: 'New Routes' + Route Finder

Started by Ron
Views: 1667 Posts: 8

2008-10-07 7:57 AM GoFaster

sharing routes in route manager

Started by ehmcfadden
Views: 890 Posts: 3

2007-10-28 12:43 PM ehmcfadden

Boca Raton 10K- Spanish River Park

Started by GatorGirl22
Views: 596 Posts: 1

2004-11-23 1:01 PM GatorGirl22
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 12, 2012
comments : 2
Mark will reveal blow by blow what took him from six devastating setbacks in the Ironman World Championships in Kona to the first of his six World Championship victories on the Big Island.

date : May 22, 2012
author : Andy Sloan
comments : 2
This article looks into the types of exercises triathletes need to be utilizing, and why traditional methods are of little use.
date : April 27, 2012
author : Andy Sloan
comments : 5
An insight into how to train strength and condition for triathlon and endurance sports success

date : March 17, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
comments : 5
Being a pro triathlete is even more boring than you might have thought
date : January 20, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Information for training as a pregnant triathlete including physiological changes, nutritional and environmental concerns plus certain risks to avoid.

date : March 26, 2008
author : Team BT
Instructions on how to directly upload routes from your Garmin training device into your training logs.
date : November 1, 2007
author : EndurancePlanet
From a cycling background to triathlete. A podcast with one of the first BT members about how triathlons allow him that daily satisfaction.

date : May 8, 2007
author : Ron
Lots of updates in this version! Map your routes and elevation profiles of single sport workouts, bricks and races! Directly integrates into BT's training log to assign routes to workouts.