Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » When will BT App be updated for IoS? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-05-06 2:47 PM

User image

Subject: When will BT App be updated for IoS?
I am getting from Apple that the BT app will not work with future updates of IoS. Yikes! When will there be an update?

2017-05-10 2:26 PM
in reply to: trimomlewis

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: RE: When will BT App be updated for IoS?
Looking into this. Thanks for posting. I just double checked and opened my app on iPhone and didn't see any warnings or anything. It seems to be working fine. But we will check.

What did the notification say? Did it pop up when you opened the app? Or is it in the app store?
2017-06-18 9:19 PM
in reply to: alicefoeller

User image

On my phone, it says that the developer needs to update the app to improve compatibility with IoS and that would not be compatible with future updates.
2017-06-18 9:20 PM
in reply to: trimomlewis

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Yes, we know.
We are planning our next moves. Thanks for the update.
2017-06-18 9:21 PM

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
I think the current notification is for things like thumbprint reader, etc.
I have an iPhone5 and I'm not seeing the notification, so it must be for the more advanced hardware features we aren't making use of. It doesn't mean it will break if you use it now. But we know there is a deadline coming that is more serious.
2017-09-28 7:00 AM

User image

Master
With the latest IOS 11, it won't even load the BT app.

It would be awesome to have it working again but understand you need to set priorities.

2017-09-28 7:10 AM
in reply to: jonathan22

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
We are working on this every day and have been doing that for awhile.

Here's one example of why it's taking so long:
Previously in our mobile app, you could upgrade to a Bronze, Silver or Gold app by going through our normal payment process you would go through on our website. The new rules are that this would have to be an "in-app purchase" which is a whole different thing, and the money goes through iTunes and gets billed that way. Which would be a huge system change. The obvious answer is to remove the ability for people to upgrade, and only let them do it on the regular website. However, in order to give our users access to as much information as possible in the app, we rolled the whole mobile site into the app. Which means we would practically have to remove payments and levels from the entire mobile site, which would be a huge undertaking.

This is just one example. But I promise we are nearly done. It was a race against time, and we have failed to meet the deadline, but we are working on it every day. It will be back up soon.

Meanwhile, you can visit the site on the browser on your smartphone and access the training log, etc. You can also make the mobile site look like an app on your homescreen for quicker access. It will still open in the phone browser, but you can tap it without searching for it. Here are the instructions: https://lifehacker.com/5809338/add-web-site-bookmarks-to-your-iphone...

(You can do this with any website, FYI.)
2017-10-03 11:13 AM

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
UPDATE:
The new app is now available in the app store. Thanks so much for your patience.
We also improved the usability of the strength log. Previously, you had to delete the number "0" under reps and weight before typing in your own amount. Now you can simply touch the box and enter your reps and weight.
2017-10-11 9:38 PM

User image

Master
Not sure anyone has raised this but the mileage text box when you enter a run is set for a phone number rather than text entry (meaning you can only enter whole numbers).
2017-10-11 10:05 PM
in reply to: jonathan22

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Yes, thanks. Someone else report this (not able to enter a decimal).
We are going to fix it and release an update with this correction.

If you notice anything else, please let us know right away. We'd love to fix any and all bugs like this with just one update.
New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » When will BT App be updated for IoS? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Updated Posts

Started by ligersandtions
Views: 834 Posts: 4

2017-03-06 11:38 AM ligersandtions

Can't Update Blog Section

Started by Whizzzzz
Views: 1588 Posts: 11

2017-01-13 12:06 PM alicefoeller

BT DOWN ALL DAY YESTERDAY?

Started by Whizzzzz
Views: 1563 Posts: 4