Other Resources The Political Joe » Accused Sexual Assaulter POTUS Endorses Accused Pedophile for Governor Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2017-12-13 9:21 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Accused Sexual Assaulter POTUS Endorses Accused Pedophile for Governor

Just read something interesting.  Democrats turned out 92% of their general election turnout number and Republicans only turned out 50% of their general election number and Jones won by 1%.

Some are claiming foul play, but I think it makes sense because the Democrats were very motivated at a chance to win in a state that they normally have zero chance of winning and the Republicans were very unmotivated about their candidate.

2017-12-13 9:43 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Subject: RE: Accused Sexual Assaulter POTUS Endorses Accused Pedophile for Governor
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by Oysterboy
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by Oysterboy I agree, this is Scott Brown winning Kennedy’s seat in Massachusetts in 2010. Exit polling indicates how bad a general election candidate Moore was.

Terrible candidate for sure....congrats to Jones.

But if the Brown/Jones victories can portend wave elections, it is now incumbent upon the Dems to bring out their plans for how to go forward. Unsure being the party of anti-Trump is going to get them far, they need to dump their current leadership and let some of the young guys and gals lead them.

I agree completely.  I was chatting with a pretty liberal friend on FB last night who sees this as a sign that the Democrats are going to sweep every election going forward.  I mean, they won in a deep red state so everywhere else is guaranteed.  Um, the guy was dating teenage girls and people didn't want to vote for him and held their nose and voted for the other guy or didn't vote at all.  I don't think that's a platform for national victories.

I wasn't in Alabama, so I could be wrong on this but it doesn't seem like Jones campaigned in any way on a platform or issues.  It seemed to be 100% that Judge Moore is bad, vote for me.  In the case of a candidate who is actually bad that can work.

Remember that Jones was not this Ostoff (sp?) guy in Georgia, he had been a Fed Attorney in the state for a while and had name recognition. But no doubt. right now it is difficult to run as a Dem as the party has no platform. Running as anti-Trump will play OK in the blue and leaning blue states but it is not a 50 state strategy. If you listen to the younger voices in the party they are saying they need a new leader to emerge and provide the vision forward. We'll see if that happens.

As far as the trends, they are not good for Trump. Jeez, black voter turnout was higher than the Obama elections? Moore lost every county that had a sizable college/university in it. The kids and minorities sat on their hands in 2016, not yesterday. I am reminded of Yamamoto's quote after Pearl Harbor "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve". ... now back to the divisive tweeting...

Edited by Oysterboy 2017-12-13 9:44 AM
2017-12-13 9:49 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Oysterboy I agree, this is Scott Brown winning Kennedy’s seat in Massachusetts in 2010. Exit polling indicates how bad a general election candidate Moore was.

But if the Brown/Jones victories can portend wave elections, it is now incumbent upon the Dems to bring out their plans for how to go forward. Unsure being the party of anti-Trump is going to get them far, they need to dump their current leadership and let some of the young guys and gals lead them.

I agree completely.  I was chatting with a pretty liberal friend on FB last night who sees this as a sign that the Democrats are going to sweep every election going forward.  I mean, they won in a deep red state so everywhere else is guaranteed.  Um, the guy was dating teenage girls and people didn't want to vote for him and held their nose and voted for the other guy or didn't vote at all.  I don't think that's a platform for national victories.

I wasn't in Alabama, so I could be wrong on this but it doesn't seem like Jones campaigned in any way on a platform or issues.  It seemed to be 100% that Judge Moore is bad, vote for me.  In the case of a candidate who is actually bad that can work.

Remember that Jones was not this Ostoff (sp?) guy in Georgia, he had been a Fed Attorney in the state for a while and had name recognition. But no doubt. right now it is difficult to run as a Dem as the party has no platform. Running as anti-Trump will play OK in the blue and leaning blue states but it is not a 50 state strategy. If you listen to the younger voices in the party they are saying they need a new leader to emerge and provide the vision forward. We'll see if that happens. As far as the trends, they are not good for Trump. Jeez, black voter turnout was higher than the Obama elections? Moore lost every county that had a sizable college/university in it. The kids and minorities sat on their hands in 2016, not yesterday. I am reminded of Yamamoto's quote after Pearl Harbor "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve". ... now back to the divisive tweeting...

C'mon now, that's a bit hyperbolic.  Hell, the same was said about Trump's victory and just as over the top.  I guess there's sleeping giants all over the damn place.   

Nothing was awakened.......a degenerate was running for office......that's all.  If the GOP ran a decent candidate the result would have been vastly different.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-12-13 9:50 AM
2017-12-13 10:23 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Tejas

Remember that Jones was not this Ostoff (sp?) guy in Georgia, he had been a Fed Attorney in the state for a while and had name recognition. But no doubt. right now it is difficult to run as a Dem as the party has no platform. Running as anti-Trump will play OK in the blue and leaning blue states but it is not a 50 state strategy. If you listen to the younger voices in the party they are saying they need a new leader to emerge and provide the vision forward. We'll see if that happens. As far as the trends, they are not good for Trump. Jeez, black voter turnout was higher than the Obama elections? Moore lost every county that had a sizable college/university in it. The kids and minorities sat on their hands in 2016, not yesterday. I am reminded of Yamamoto's quote after Pearl Harbor "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve". ... now back to the divisive tweeting...

C'mon now, that's a bit hyperbolic.  Hell, the same was said about Trump's victory and just as over the top.  I guess there's sleeping giants all over the damn place.   

Nothing was awakened.......a degenerate was running for office......that's all.  If the GOP ran a decent candidate the result would have been vastly different.

That's it in a nutshell. GOP not backing decent candidates. Kinda bit them on the azz, again.
2017-12-13 10:47 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by mdg2003

That's it in a nutshell. GOP not backing decent candidates. Kinda bit them on the azz, again.

I dunno. I talk with kids every day, they are pretty upset with the way Trump is so divisive on social issues. These kids have grown up in a more inclusive world than you and I (I suppose). Trump starts pizzing on that, they get upset. Usually they are just snowflakes and quickly melt, but look at last night and Virginia, they were voicing their anger at the polls. The black folk, well, that's pretty self evident.

"If the GOP ran a decent candidate the result would have been vastly different." Let me change that around a bit: If the Dems ran a decent candidate other than HRC the result would have been vastly different and Trump would not be president. It all comes down to the candidate and the political winds and his/her back.

Finally, can we agree that Steve Bannon is awful and should just shut the h3ll up.

Edited by Oysterboy 2017-12-13 10:50 AM
2017-12-13 10:53 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

I've seen several democrats just giddy now thinking they are going to sweep the board next year. Happy days are here again the sky above is clear again....da-da, da, da-da da.....etc. Here is another way of thinking about it, even with deeply flawed candidate that even most republican did not like, he STILL came within 1.5% of the democrat. Foithmoire, the write-in made up 1.7% and were likely all republican write-ins and would have given Moore the win had they not done a 'protest vote'.

As a republican, my hope is the democrats run against Trump next year. If all goes well and the crick don't rise, by next November there will have been 18 months of economic growth, tax cuts, low unemployment and a soaring stock market. But even given that, the hatred of anything Trump is powerful driver and the constant, non-stop negative reporting on Trump by the MSM will take it's toll. Oh well, more reason to get to work and pass an many things as they can next year while they still rule the roost.

2017-12-13 10:59 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Just read something interesting.  Democrats turned out 92% of their general election turnout number and Republicans only turned out 50% of their general election number and Jones won by 1%.

Some are claiming foul play, but I think it makes sense because the Democrats were very motivated at a chance to win in a state that they normally have zero chance of winning and the Republicans were very unmotivated about their candidate.

I think this is true also. As I looked around in my polling place it was obvious the black vote had turned out. I have voted in the same district for 27 years and have a pretty good idea of the demographic that usually votes. Just eye-balling and I'd say there were 30% black people at the polls compared to what is usually maybe 10%. So yeah, I say the dems turned out hugely. And like you say, republican were very unhappy and faced with a democrat or a flawed republican, simply stayed home.
2017-12-13 11:15 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Alabama
The numbers are not in yet but some estimates suggest Jones spend $30M and Moore spend $2.

I was in my woodshop this past Saturday and spend 5 non-stop hours making sawdust....with the radio on. I think I must had heard more than 50 radio advertisements from Jones and maybe 3 or Moore.

If these numbers turn out to be anywhere close and still the dems only won by 1.5%, they might need to rethink strategy for 2018.
2017-12-13 11:27 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

LOOK ROG y'all lost a senate seat for 3 years.  the dems put in the money and the work to take it from your child molester candidate.  which we told you would happen.  its a victory for humanity.

this would have been unthinkable very recently, alabama is blood red.  its a bit of a statement that the dems are able to get their base motivated right now, thats what people are talking about with this "wave" not that we think alabama is now blue, but that a lot of the closer districts are very much in play because dems are turning out to vote against this sh!tstain candidates like moore.

2017-12-13 11:45 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by dmiller5

LOOK ROG y'all lost a senate seat for 3 years.  the dems put in the money and the work to take it from your child molester candidate.  which we told you would happen.  its a victory for humanity.

this would have been unthinkable very recently, alabama is blood red.  its a bit of a statement that the dems are able to get their base motivated right now, thats what people are talking about with this "wave" not that we think alabama is now blue, but that a lot of the closer districts are very much in play because dems are turning out to vote against this sh!tstain candidates like moore.

I'm not sure what your point is. I was wrong in my prediction that Moore would win....but he lost by 1.5%. I also already posted that the dems were able to get their base out and I congratulate them for that. Getting your voters to the polls is not always easy and is probably the biggest factor in which side wins the election.

I am happy for you that your candidate was able to beat a 'child molester candidate'. He will serve 3 years and be out....or he will serve for a few months or a maybe a year and then change parties if he wants to win re-election in 2020. That is exactly what the other Senator from Alabama, Senator Shelby did in 1994.
2017-12-13 12:39 PM

User image

Pro

It was a bad candidate.....period.  You are delusional, or just not informed, if you think Alabama is not blood red.  The ONLY reason the "unthinkable" happened is because our country doesn't like adult males dating, and having sex, with young girls. 

My god, it's only been a year since you all lost the White House for 4 years......and humanity was apparently doomed. LMAO  

I think liberals just have short attention spans. 

Edited by Left Brain 2017-12-13 12:40 PM

2017-12-13 1:26 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I would caution anyone, Democrat or Republican, from trying to glean any patterns from Alabama when it comes to support in other elections.  The identical same thing would happen if the Democrats put up a candidate in a heavy blue state who had a history of dating teenagers when they were 30.
The Republicans put up a flawed candidate.

I do also agree that Trump won against Hillary who was a very flawed candidate, but don't forget he also had all the sexual assault charges alegged at the identical point in time as Moore and he still won in an electoral landslide.  Would Hillary have won any states, had that not come out?  haha

The Democrats have an opportunity to bring forth newer and younger leadership to right the ship, but at this point they seem to be doubling down on Pelosi and Pocahontas.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Pocahontas were the nominee (or if Hillary were nominated again), because the only reason they lost before was from the Russian interference.  ya know

2017-12-13 1:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

I would caution anyone, Democrat or Republican, from trying to glean any patterns from Alabama when it comes to support in other elections.  The identical same thing would happen if the Democrats put up a candidate in a heavy blue state who had a history of dating teenagers when they were 30.

I do also agree that Trump won against Hillary who was a very flawed candidate, but don't forget he also had all the sexual assault charges alegged at the identical point in time as Moore and he still won in an electoral landslide.  Would Hillary have won any states, had that not come out?  haha

The Democrats have an opportunity to bring forth newer and younger leadership to right the ship, but at this point they seem to be doubling down on Pelosi and Pocahontas.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Pocahontas were the nominee (or if Hillary were nominated again), because the only reason they lost before was from the Russian interference.  ya know

ELECTORAL LANDSLIDE?

2017-12-13 1:43 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

ELECTORAL LANDSLIDE?

Did you forget already?  ;-)

2017-12-13 1:50 PM

User image

Pro

It's Liberal ADD, that's all it can be.

2017-12-13 1:56 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Expert
Floriduh

"It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Pocahontas were the nominee (or if Hillary were nominated again), because the only reason they lost before was from the Russian interference."

Yep, they do that and they are going to lose, but they know that. 2016 was not an electoral landslide, go look up 1972 or 1984. Those were landslides.

2017-12-13 2:04 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

"It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Pocahontas were the nominee (or if Hillary were nominated again), because the only reason they lost before was from the Russian interference." Yep, they do that and they are going to lose, but they know that. 2016 was not an electoral landslide, go look up 1972 or 1984. Those were landslides.

Dave's post did actually peak my curiosity as to what was considered a "landslide" in the terms of the electoral college.  It seems the term is thrown around pretty subjectively, but most pundits agree that 375 or (70%) is considered a "landslide".

So Dave is right that Trumps victory wasn't really a landslide, but only a moderate butt whooping.  :-)

2017-12-13 2:10 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

"It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Pocahontas were the nominee (or if Hillary were nominated again), because the only reason they lost before was from the Russian interference."

Yep, they do that and they are going to lose, but they know that. 2016 was not an electoral landslide, go look up 1972 or 1984. Those were landslides.

I actually like Pocahontas. Seems to be pretty spunky and I like that in broads. Ooops, that is sexist and chicks don't like that. (that was for you Miller) Seriously, she does seem to be emerging as the leading female power in the DNC.

Here is what I'd like to see in 2020:

GOP: Pence/Haley
DNC: Biden/Warren (or Warren/Biden)

I think that would be 4 solid candidates....that don't have a ton of baggage with them.

2017-12-13 2:13 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

"It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Pocahontas were the nominee (or if Hillary were nominated again), because the only reason they lost before was from the Russian interference." Yep, they do that and they are going to lose, but they know that. 2016 was not an electoral landslide, go look up 1972 or 1984. Those were landslides.

Dave's post did actually peak my curiosity as to what was considered a "landslide" in the terms of the electoral college.  It seems the term is thrown around pretty subjectively, but most pundits agree that 375 or (70%) is considered a "landslide".

So Dave is right that Trumps victory wasn't really a landslide, but only a moderate butt whooping.  :-)

The reason he's pullin' our pants down.

Gonna paddle a little behind.

Ain't gonna paddle it - gonna kick it, real hard.

No, I believe he's gonna paddle it.

I don't believe that's a proper characterization.

Well, that's how I'd characterize it.

I believe it's more of a kickin' sitcheyation.

2017-12-13 2:13 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Agree that they'd definitely lose with Pocahontas or Hillary, but I can assure you the establishment powers that run the parties (R & D) will still throw them out there.  (Romney/McCain/Hillary)  The Super Delegates still hold the power in the DNC, so whoever the establishment favorite is, will win the nomination. (unless they change the rules)

I've seen some interesting names thrown around. 
Mark Zuckerberg: Definitely has the money, but his introvert personality just doesn't seem like he'd be a very good politician to me.
Bernie: I think he'd be an easy win for Trump, especially if the economy is still booming.
Biden: they're already running the creepy Joe meme's, so he might have a tough road in the sex charged climate.
Kamala Harris, I feel would be a really good candidate but she has an interesting "natural born citizen" issue because her mother was Indian and her father was Jamaican (neither US citizens).  However, she was born in Oakland and a citizen at birth.  (yay, another birther movement)  hah

2017-12-13 2:22 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Agree that they'd definitely lose with Pocahontas or Hillary, but I can assure you the establishment powers that run the parties (R & D) will still throw them out there.  (Romney/McCain/Hillary)  The Super Delegates still hold the power in the DNC, so whoever the establishment favorite is, will win the nomination. (unless they change the rules)

Mark Zuckerberg: Definitely has the money, but his introvert personality just doesn't seem like he'd be a very good politician to me.
Bernie: I think he'd be an easy win for Trump, especially if the economy is still booming.
Biden: they're already running the creepy Joe meme's, so he might have a tough road in the sex charged climate.
Kamala Harris, I feel would be a really good candidate but she has an interesting "natural born citizen" issue because her mother was Indian and her father was Jamaican (neither US citizens).  However, she was born in Oakland and a citizen at birth.  (yay, another birther movement)  hah

I learned recently that Nikki Haley is Indian! Dots, not feathers. (that was for Miller) Her parents were both born in India but she was born in South Carolina. She does not look Indian to me.

2017-12-13 2:26 PM

Master
, California

Agree that they'd definitely lose with Pocahontas or Hillary, but I can assure you the establishment powers that run the parties (R & D) will still throw them out there.  (Romney/McCain/HillaryThe Super Delegates still hold the power in the DNC, so whoever the establishment favorite is, will win the nomination. (unless they change the rules)

It's a big edge but not guaranteed.  Hillary was the establishment candidate in the primaries against Obama, if you recall.

2017-12-13 2:28 PM

Master
, California

Originally posted by Rogillio

I learned recently that Nikki Haley is Indian! Dots, not feathers. (that was for Miller) Her parents were both born in India but she was born in South Carolina. She does not look Indian to me.

And that's why she uses her nickname in the political arena.  Her real name is Nimrata, which probably wouldn't get her very far in South Carolina politics.

2017-12-13 2:29 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
The news is just bubbling with who to give credit/blame to for the Alabama elections. Among those getting credit/blame:

Trump
McConnell
Shelby
Bannon
Moore's accusers

Ironically, the voters of Alabama did not make the top 5. ;-(

2017-12-13 2:35 PM

Master
, California

Originally posted by Rogillio The news is just bubbling with who to give credit/blame to for the Alabama elections. Among those getting credit/blame: Trump McConnell Shelby Bannon Moore's accusers Ironically, the voters of Alabama did not make the top 5. ;-(

One of the things Jones had on his resume was prosecuting KKK members involved in the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing.  I think that probably had some effect on the huge turnout rate from black voters.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Accused Sexual Assaulter POTUS Endorses Accused Pedophile for Governor Rss Feed  

of 6

RELATED POSTS

Sexual assualt massage message

Started by Rogillio
Views: 404 Posts: 2

2017-11-27 10:08 AM mdg2003

Sexual harassment on the Hill

Started by mdg2003
Views: 1041 Posts: 25

2017-11-30 2:38 PM Left Brain

Innocent until accused Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by Rogillio