Other Resources The Political Joe » Accused Sexual Assaulter POTUS Endorses Accused Pedophile for Governor Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2017-12-13 2:38 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Accused Sexual Assaulter POTUS Endorses Accused Pedophile for Governor

Originally posted by spudone

Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by Oysterboy
Originally posted by Left Brain

It's Liberal ADD, that's all it can be.

"It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Pocahontas were the nominee (or if Hillary were nominated again), because the only reason they lost before was from the Russian interference." Yep, they do that and they are going to lose, but they know that. 2016 was not an electoral landslide, go look up 1972 or 1984. Those were landslides.

Agree that they'd definitely lose with Pocahontas or Hillary, but I can assure you the establishment powers that run the parties (R & D) will still throw them out there.  (Romney/McCain/HillaryThe Super Delegates still hold the power in the DNC, so whoever the establishment favorite is, will win the nomination. (unless they change the rules)

I've seen some interesting names thrown around. 
Mark Zuckerberg: Definitely has the money, but his introvert personality just doesn't seem like he'd be a very good politician to me.
Bernie: I think he'd be an easy win for Trump, especially if the economy is still booming.
Biden: they're already running the creepy Joe meme's, so he might have a tough road in the sex charged climate.
Kamala Harris, I feel would be a really good candidate but she has an interesting "natural born citizen" issue because her mother was Indian and her father was Jamaican (neither US citizens).  However, she was born in Oakland and a citizen at birth.  (yay, another birther movement)  hah

It's a big edge but not guaranteed.  Hillary was the establishment candidate in the primaries against Obama, if you recall.

True, not a guarantee.  2008 was pretty unique though because Hillary came in the establishment favorite and then showed up this handsome dude from Chicago and the establishment ditched Hillary pretty fast and got behind Obama.  I could see that happening again if an unforseen rock star makes a showing.
I think the bigger issue is that the DNC primary process historically has been so orchestrated that nobody even runs.  We had Hillary and two or three people that were token, never had a chance, candidates.  The RNC primary was kind of a zoo in the opposite direction, but everybody and their cousin was running.

2017-12-13 2:44 PM
in reply to: tuwood

Master
, California
Subject: RE: Accused Sexual Assaulter POTUS Endorses Accused Pedophile for Governor

True, not a guarantee.  2008 was pretty unique though because Hillary came in the establishment favorite and then showed up this handsome dude from Chicago and the establishment ditched Hillary pretty fast and got behind Obama.  I could see that happening again if an unforseen rock star makes a showing.
I think the bigger issue is that the DNC primary process historically has been so orchestrated that nobody even runs.  We had Hillary and two or three people that were token, never had a chance, candidates.  The RNC primary was kind of a zoo in the opposite direction, but everybody and their cousin was running.

Two notes on that:

1) I agree with 2008 being somewhat unique.  Part of it was because Obama's team figured out how to leverage caucus states to their advantage - and in particular, Iowa, being an early voting state - helped generate momentum.  I think that surprised the establishment and would not work a 2nd time.

2) In the last presidential election, I think Bernie would've had the nomination *if he was a democrat in the first place*.  If you're going to run on their ticket and keep calling yourself an independent, it can't be a huge surprise when the party locks you out.  That was just a dumb move on his part, IMO, no matter how much his supporters want to cry about it.

2017-12-13 2:52 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Two notes on that:

1) I agree with 2008 being somewhat unique.  Part of it was because Obama's team figured out how to leverage caucus states to their advantage - and in particular, Iowa, being an early voting state - helped generate momentum.  I think that surprised the establishment and would not work a 2nd time.

2) In the last presidential election, I think Bernie would've had the nomination *if he was a democrat in the first place*.  If you're going to run on their ticket and keep calling yourself an independent, it can't be a huge surprise when the party locks you out.  That was just a dumb move on his part, IMO, no matter how much his supporters want to cry about it.

Did you read any of the revelations about how much control Hillary had over the national DNC in 2016?  I can't remember all the specifics, but DWS had basically kept all the staff on payroll for much longer than necessary and ran the DNC into massive debt.  Hillary came in and financially bailed them out, but as a per-requisite she made the DNC sign an agreement essentially giving her control of the national DNC.
Here's a politico story about it.

2017-12-13 2:56 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Originally posted by Rogillio The news is just bubbling with who to give credit/blame to for the Alabama elections. Among those getting credit/blame: Trump McConnell Shelby Bannon Moore's accusers Ironically, the voters of Alabama did not make the top 5. ;-(

One of the things Jones had on his resume was prosecuting KKK members involved in the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing.  I think that probably had some effect on the huge turnout rate from black voters.

I'd really like to do some exit polling amongst these folks and know how much their motivation was pro-Jones, anti-Moore or anti-Trump. My bet it's a mixed bag.
2017-12-13 2:58 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Two notes on that:

Did you read any of the revelations about how much control Hillary had over the national DNC in 2016?  I can't remember all the specifics, but DWS had basically kept all the staff on payroll for much longer than necessary and ran the DNC into massive debt.  Hillary came in and financially bailed them out, but as a per-requisite she made the DNC sign an agreement essentially giving her control of the national DNC.
Here's a politico story about it.

I've seen interviews with Donna Brazile and she said the same thing, she was handcuffed by HRC and Wasserman-Schultz
2017-12-13 3:00 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio The news is just bubbling with who to give credit/blame to for the Alabama elections. Among those getting credit/blame: Trump McConnell Shelby Bannon Moore's accusers Ironically, the voters of Alabama did not make the top 5. ;-(

One of the things Jones had on his resume was prosecuting KKK members involved in the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing.  I think that probably had some effect on the huge turnout rate from black voters.

I'd really like to do some exit polling amongst these folks and know how much their motivation was pro-Jones, anti-Moore or anti-Trump. My bet it's a mixed bag.

CNN has a really good site that lists out all the exit poll results.  You have to hit the exit poll tab to see them:

http://www.cnn.com/election/2017/results/alabama-senate?q=2017embed

2017-12-13 3:02 PM

User image

Pro
I'm going on record right now....I don't care what party they're from or even what their view on any issue is....under the current climate, I'm voting for anyone who's name is Nimrata.
2017-12-13 3:05 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Two notes on that:

I think your right Spud. The Dem party's bench got pretty shopworn after all those years of Obama. He really didn't do any party building while in office. Things are a bit different now, there are some really interesting young folks, Harris, this guy Seth Mouton from Mass (4 Iraq tour vet), Chris Murphy from Conn, and Gavin Newsome. All economic realists, socially liberal, and whip smart. Just gotta get Pelosi to step out of the spotlight, easier said than done.
2017-12-13 3:12 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

CNN has a really good site that lists out all the exit poll results.  You have to hit the exit poll tab to see them:

Great link Tony, thanks. What stands out to me was that Moore got slaughtered by the black vote and white moderates. Jeez, did the guy do any polling? He was both a bad and stupid candidate. The GOP will learn some stuff from this election too but they gotta ditch Bannon. He's poison.
2017-12-13 4:03 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by Rogillio

"It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Pocahontas were the nominee (or if Hillary were nominated again), because the only reason they lost before was from the Russian interference." Yep, they do that and they are going to lose, but they know that. 2016 was not an electoral landslide, go look up 1972 or 1984. Those were landslides.
I actually like Pocahontas. Seems to be pretty spunky and I like that in broads. Ooops, that is sexist and chicks don't like that. (that was for you Miller) Seriously, she does seem to be emerging as the leading female power in the DNC. Here is what I'd like to see in 2020: GOP: Pence/Haley DNC: Biden/Warren (or Warren/Biden) I think that would be 4 solid candidates....that don't have a ton of baggage with them.

You thinking Trump is stepping aside? Getting impeached? Heart attack from his 12 diet cokes a day (allegedly)? Just wondering why you're not talking about a Trump/Pence repeat ticket.

2017-12-13 5:11 PM

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

Great link Tony, thanks. What stands out to me was that Moore got slaughtered by the black vote and white moderates. Jeez, did the guy do any polling? He was both a bad and stupid candidate. The GOP will learn some stuff from this election too but they gotta ditch Bannon. He's poison.

I'm assuming, too, that many of the write in votes would have gone Republican had it been anyone else which may have swung the tide a different way.  

As an aside, think this "representative" needs to read up on his constitution a little bit.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/12/13/bible-talk-with-jake-tapper-leaves-roy-moores-spokesman-speechless/?utm_term=.ddfeeacd032a 

2017-12-13 5:31 PM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

I actually like Pocahontas. Seems to be pretty spunky and I like that in broads. Ooops, that is sexist and chicks don't like that. (that was for you Miller) Seriously, she does seem to be emerging as the leading female power in the DNC. Here is what I'd like to see in 2020: GOP: Pence/Haley DNC: Biden/Warren (or Warren/Biden) I think that would be 4 solid candidates....that don't have a ton of baggage with them.

You thinking Trump is stepping aside? Getting impeached? Heart attack from his 12 diet cokes a day (allegedly)? Just wondering why you're not talking about a Trump/Pence repeat ticket.

Fair question. I guess I think 4 years of Trump would be enough. I’ve grown tired of his responding to every trivial thing in the news and getting off in the ditch over and over over chit that doesn’t matter! I’d like to see Pence bring some dignity back to the office. I like Trumps agenda but if he can’t get it done in 4 years, it’ll be time to change horses. Maybe if he’d quit the daily tweets, I’d feel differently.....but I don’t see that happening. He thinks that helps him talk directly to the American people but most people I know, mostly republicans, wish he’d STFU. There was no reason to respond to Gillibrand.....99% of Americans have no idea who she was.....until he tweeted and she is in the news nonstop for the next few days.
2017-12-13 6:02 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Watching the news amused that libs/MSM trying to extrapolate the Alabama Senate race into next year’s election. SMH. I guess libs/MSM need something to hang their hat on so they can sleep better at night.

2017-12-13 6:55 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Watching the news amused that libs/MSM trying to extrapolate the Alabama Senate race into next year’s election. SMH. I guess libs/MSM need something to hang their hat on so they can sleep better at night.

Rog, I know you won't instinctively recognize it, but there are A LOT of people out there that are not amused with much of what Trump is doing. The mid-terms are the only mechanism we have to voice our concern. Trump certainly doesn't listen to us.
2017-12-13 6:57 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Fair question. I guess I think 4 years of Trump would be enough. I’ve grown tired of his responding to every trivial thing in the news and getting off in the ditch over and over over chit that doesn’t matter! I’d like to see Pence bring some dignity back to the office. I like Trumps agenda but if he can’t get it done in 4 years, it’ll be time to change horses. Maybe if he’d quit the daily tweets, I’d feel differently.....but I don’t see that happening. He thinks that helps him talk directly to the American people but most people I know, mostly republicans, wish he’d STFU. There was no reason to respond to Gillibrand.....99% of Americans have no idea who she was.....until he tweeted and she is in the news nonstop for the next few days.

I know the tweeting annoys a lot of traditional Republicans, but I feel very strongly it's intentional and part of a much greater political strategy.  The younger generations and most especially the millennials are all about meme warfare and instant tidbits.  When they see Trump repeatedly calling somebody names or poking fun of the media it really resonates with them.  He's really creating a new counter culture which is to be a conservative in a system that's against you at every level.  The deep state, the media, the swamp, etc.  The hippies were totally anti-government, but they've morphed into progressivism that is all about total government control and even socialism now.  Trump is marketing to the counter culture to be anti-government control, anti-establishment, anti-media swamp.
Don't discount it as "he's not being dignified" and all that because the President has been neutered for decades into a whooped puppy dog that licks its masters boots whenever he beckons.  Real Presidential leaders of the past were foul mouthed rude SOB's, but dam did they get stuff done.

Trump will run again in 2020 and when the economy continues to soar, GDP surpasses 4% growth, and unemployment continues to fall below historical values there's no way he can't win.  It's just not possible.
The Republicans would not have won if it weren't for Trump tearing down the media.  The media has continued to get more and more partisan in my lifetime and the only way a Republican can win is to get his/her message around the corrupt media.  Trump did it and will continue to and I applaud him for it.

He's a master marketer and puts a lot of effort into the stuff he does.  Hillary's name is simply "Crooked" and Senator Warren is "Pocahontas" and everybody in America knows them by those names and calls them by those names because of Trumps tweets.  He successfully marginalized Hillary and he's already done severe damage to Senator Warren.  That would NEVER happen through traditional media.  When he tweets and knocks down people like Gillibrand it's because her name has been thrown out as a potential Presidential candidate.  You're right that nobody knows who she is, but that's the danger.  He's exposing her for who she really is and framing the message before she can even start to.

2017-12-13 7:05 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio Watching the news amused that libs/MSM trying to extrapolate the Alabama Senate race into next year’s election. SMH. I guess libs/MSM need something to hang their hat on so they can sleep better at night.
Rog, I know you won't instinctively recognize it, but there are A LOT of people out there that are not amused with much of what Trump is doing. The mid-terms are the only mechanism we have to voice our concern. Trump certainly doesn't listen to us.

He doesn't listen to Liberals, that's for sure but he does listen to his base and the people who put him in office.  He ran on a populist platform and received the populist vote.  He is doing or attempting to do absolutely everything he campaigned on so to say he's not listening to the people is not accurate IMHO.  He's listening better than any politician in my lifetime.

Now, there's no question that those who don't support his agenda are upset, but that's understandable. According to Gallup in 2016 36% of American Voters identify as Conservative and 25% identify as Liberal and 34% moderate.  If he were to listen to the Liberals and follow their agenda he would be betraying those who put him into office.

2017-12-13 7:28 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Originally posted by Rogillio Watching the news amused that libs/MSM trying to extrapolate the Alabama Senate race into next year’s election. SMH. I guess libs/MSM need something to hang their hat on so they can sleep better at night.

He doesn't listen to Liberals, that's for sure but he does listen to his base and the people who put him in office.  He ran on a populist platform and received the populist vote.  He is doing or attempting to do absolutely everything he campaigned on so to say he's not listening to the people is not accurate IMHO.  He's listening better than any politician in my lifetime.

Now, there's no question that those who don't support his agenda are upset, but that's understandable. According to Gallup in 2016 36% of American Voters identify as Conservative and 25% identify as Liberal and 34% moderate.  If he were to listen to the Liberals and follow their agenda he would be betraying those who put him into office.

He is the President of the United States, not President of his base. In this Gallup data (http://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx) he has a 32% approval amongst registered independents. He needs to reach out, at least a bit, without some base of public approval you cannot effectively push legislation.

Obama was the same way and he got neutered pretty quickly. I think Trump has put himself on a fast track for the same fate.

Edited by Oysterboy 2017-12-13 7:35 PM
2017-12-13 7:56 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

He is the President of the United States, not President of his base. In this Gallup data (http://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx) he has a 32% approval amongst registered independents. He needs to reach out, at least a bit, without some base of public approval you cannot effectively push legislation. Obama was the same way and he got neutered pretty quickly. I think Trump has put himself on a fast track for the same fate.

I know that number looks bad, but it's the exact same number that it was the week before the election and he won quite handily (can't say landslide anymore

His current approval is identical with independents and much higher with Republicans at 80%.  He's even ticked up 3% points with Democrats compared to the week he won the election .

2017-12-13 8:25 PM
in reply to: #5232411

User image

Expert
Floriduh
And could that be why there is no major legislation passed? I am concerned about this country being run by executive fiat, it is not how the democratic process should work, but seems to be the form of government we now have. That should worry those concerned about the Constitution
2017-12-13 8:53 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Oysterboy And could that be why there is no major legislation passed? I am concerned about this country being run by executive fiat, it is not how the democratic process should work, but seems to be the form of government we now have. That should worry those concerned about the Constitution

Then you should really appreciate what Trump has done so far.  He's unwound the vast majority of Obama's executive fiats.  I do agree with you that it's not the way to govern and I frown upon them no matter who is doing them.

As for no major legislation passed, the ACA debacle had nothing to do with Trump it had to do with a couple Republicans that are really Democrats that refused to vote for it in the Senate.  McCain has an extremely high approval rating among Democrats and his approval rating among Republicans is terrible.

Don't forget, any reaching out to broader constituencies has it's own perils.  If he's enjoying 80%+ support among Republicans and compromises a campaign promise to appeal to independents or Democrats and picks up 5% from there at the expense of losing 10% of his Republican base he's gained nothing.

I think our biggest problem in government today is the congress and their inability to compromise on anything.  Trump could have 100% approval rating and they still wouldn't be able to get 1 single vote from a Democrat to change or repeal the ACA.  Same thing for his tax plan.  It's just weird and very dysfunctional.

2017-12-13 9:04 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

On the executive fiat, I discovered something interesting a couple months ago that I didn't even know.  Obama had penned some environmental rules that redefined what "Waters of the U.S." were and it allowed the EPA to consider pretty much any puddle of water "waters of the U.S." and regulate the crap out of it.

Well I bought some land with a private lake on it this year.  Turns out after i bought it I couldn't touch my own private lake (that I bought) in any way without EPA approval.  Fortunately Trump removed those fiats and I got my lake back.

Honestly that's about the only thing that's directly impacted me in a positive way.  I'm really counting on the tax cuts to upgrade me from a single engine plane to my own jet.  haha  (yes, I'm serious

2017-12-14 8:03 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Originally posted by Oysterboy And could that be why there is no major legislation passed? I am concerned about this country being run by executive fiat, it is not how the democratic process should work, but seems to be the form of government we now have. That should worry those concerned about the Constitution

Then you should really appreciate what Trump has done so far.  He's unwound the vast majority of Obama's executive fiats.  I do agree with you that it's not the way to govern and I frown upon them no matter who is doing them.

As for no major legislation passed, the ACA debacle had nothing to do with Trump it had to do with a couple Republicans that are really Democrats that refused to vote for it in the Senate.  McCain has an extremely high approval rating among Democrats and his approval rating among Republicans is terrible.

Don't forget, any reaching out to broader constituencies has it's own perils.  If he's enjoying 80%+ support among Republicans and compromises a campaign promise to appeal to independents or Democrats and picks up 5% from there at the expense of losing 10% of his Republican base he's gained nothing.

I think our biggest problem in government today is the congress and their inability to compromise on anything.  Trump could have 100% approval rating and they still wouldn't be able to get 1 single vote from a Democrat to change or repeal the ACA.  Same thing for his tax plan.  It's just weird and very dysfunctional.

I agree, much of the problem is attributable to Congress, both during Obama and Trump, thus making rule by executive fiat almost necessary if anything at all is to get done. But I think that is where the President needs to step in and LEAD (oh, no, I said it). Look, losing the 20% edge of the far-right of the republican party is a reasonable compromise to pick up 40% support from independents and some centrist Democrats. Unfortunately, Trump has really poisoned those waters and there is much work to be done on his part (with some meeting in the middle) to get to where compromise is possible. Stop the tweeting, start acting presidential. The midterms are coming, it's not looking good for him.

2017-12-14 8:14 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

I'm really counting on the tax cuts to upgrade me from a single engine plane to my own jet.  haha  (yes, I'm serious

Don't forget your buddy in Texas. I'll take that Cirrus off your hands for 60K...
2017-12-14 8:38 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by mdg2003

I'm really counting on the tax cuts to upgrade me from a single engine plane to my own jet.  haha  (yes, I'm serious

Don't forget your buddy in Texas. I'll take that Cirrus off your hands for 60K...

Yeah, fly that plane to China, only place your gonna see 4% GDP growth.
2017-12-14 8:49 AM

User image

Pro

Both of you need to back off......Tony wants to learn how to duck hunt and I need to fly him down to Mexico, and then New Zealand, to get his instruction off the ground.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Accused Sexual Assaulter POTUS Endorses Accused Pedophile for Governor Rss Feed  

of 6

RELATED POSTS

Sexual assualt massage message

Started by Rogillio
Views: 403 Posts: 2

2017-11-27 10:08 AM mdg2003

Sexual harassment on the Hill

Started by mdg2003
Views: 1040 Posts: 25

2017-11-30 2:38 PM Left Brain

Innocent until accused Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by Rogillio