Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 104

2024-05-13 10:52 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
Happy to hear you are on your way to recovery Mike and well done on the golf! I went practicing this weekend too, I am happy to report that no drive went 200 yards.

Great that you are also getting better Nicole and yes, baby steps! As boring as it may sound.

Yes, I do track calories (which worked great a few years ago), still not drinking much alcohol (which worked great last year) but none of these seem to work this year.

I suspect that crashing half way through my half marathon may have been because of that calorie deficit I had started the week before (even if on the day I was careful to fuel properly) so I will give it another couple of weeks before I try something else.

First Brwim of the season today! Or rather br, b home again because I forgot my wetsuit, wim. The water was much warmer than 2 weeks ago and I swam 400 meters this time.

Edited by Rollergirl 2024-05-13 3:43 PM

2024-05-13 4:25 PM
in reply to: #5283710

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
Sounds like everyone is recovering nicely! Yay us!!

Andrew—sorry to hear about your colleague.

I did a 90’ Z2 ride today, followed by strength training in what I always think of as the big boy gym—where all the 20-25yo musclehead dudes lift at the uni gym. I don’t go in there much, but I’ve worked my way up past the weights available in the other weight rooms, so I had to expand my horizons. The gym was pretty empty today, because we are now in summer session and there aren’t many students on campus. It was a good workout, but took forever because there were so many racks of weights to look through for the proper dumb bells!
2024-05-14 1:47 PM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Hey, hey party people! What's everyone up to this week?

I closed yesterday with my first OWS of the yearout at the local lake last night. The tri club swims every Monday night across the lake (c. 0.45mi one way) all summer long, and I know I should do it more, but they don't start until 6pm and frankly, by 6pm, I'm winding down and getting ready for bed. I do not want to be out swimming across a lake. But...our pool is currently closed for maintenance, so I did yesterday. For the first time out in open water since September, I felt pretty good. Water temp was cool, but not shockingly cold. I probably could have done it without a wetsuit, but I wore mine just to get used to it. Sighting wasn't even a disaster. I mean, I didn't even come close to sliding over the dam this time!

Today was a 1:15 interval ride/55' tempo run brick...oof...it was a tough workout, but I got it done and hit the paces and powers I was supposed to. I even was in the target HR zones on the run. Apparently, I just have to warm up with 75' on the bike so my HR will do what it is supposed to do on the run. :D Good think I do long course, I think I'll get there on race day.
2024-05-15 2:11 AM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Well done on your first OWS of year. I totally get that it's not a good time for you. It would be like asking me to cross a lake at 6am!

this week has started well, on Monday a little strength session at lunch time and a brwim after work. Then I had planned to run 5k at lunch on Tuesday but forgot that I had an appointment to get my hair cut and I had rehearsals with the band in the evening so I had a rest day instead. Moved the 5k to Friday which I was planning as a rest day.
Tonight, run intervals, tomorrow, bike commute to work (17k one way, not sure what I'll do) and swim in the evening.
Saturday and Sunday long ride and long run and a swim or two. Last weeend before the first tri of the season
New Thread
Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  

of 104

RELATED POSTS

KloOfyRoLaNd's Coach/Mentor Group for Newbies -- OPEN

Started by kloofyroland
Views: 892 Posts: 8

2023-01-26 2:30 PM kloofyroland