Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 105

2024-05-20 2:21 PM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
Originally posted by drfoodlove

Today was a rough one. We ended up having to put our dog down today. She was 15.5 years old, so she had a good life and it was time, but it is never an easy thing to do.

I managed to get in a 48’ interval run, which is hard to do through tears, but my scheduled swim and strength sessions didn’t happen. The pool wasn’t opened back up on schedule and then I just didn’t want to leave the house for the gym later. Letting them go this week.

Gretchen, I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking to lose a pet. She had an amazing life and lots of great runs with her momma <3
Glad you were able to get some workouts in that day, and makeup workouts in within a day or two. Sending you love!

2024-05-20 2:24 PM
in reply to: nicole14e

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
Nat, how'd the tri go?! I can't wait to hear, and love the tiers of goals.

Mike, so glad to hear you're feeling so much better!

Andrew, totally get needing some time in bed. I bet you have a killer week this week now that you've gotten some rest!

Gretchen, as I said before, you're still crushing it on the regular, and are truly inspirational in your commitment!

2024-05-20 2:29 PM

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
I SWAM!!!!

Had my PT session Friday morning and got a couple stretches to do. I'd also gone on about a 1.5 mile walk the day before, not knowing if I was allowed, but I was feeling pretty good and needed to move my body. My PT confirmed that I could walk, and also that I could swim.

I went up to PA Friday to see my niece's lacrosse game (it's playoffs). It was absolutely thrilling and I thought I was going to need a cardioman myself...how parents deal with this stuff on a regular basis I have no idea. They won 16-15 and play again tomorrow (gonna head up for the game after work again).

I came home after b/c I wanted to go to masters practice Saturday morning. I got there late (per usual) and found that they were doing their first outdoor practice in the pouring rain. I was not excited, though when I got out to the outdoor pool, the water was wonderfully warm and it was actually quite lovely. I got in about 1600 yds, which was a very good (re)start. I did not bring a towel though and they don't have towel service outside, so that was fun...

Yesterday I went on a very long walk. I was just going to do about 2 miles, but then ran into a neighbor and ended up doing closer to 4. Felt pretty good, though my hip is definitely a little fatigued today. I still got up and did about 1.5 miles this morning.

A couple months ago, I got some bloodwork done that showed my cholesterol was high. I just redid that bloodwork today and it's back to normal! Feels good to know the healthy changes I've made had an impact.

So overall a pretty good few days, and I'm so happy to be able to move my body again. Going to masters again tonight, and aiming to do at least a short walk each morning this week.
2024-05-20 2:57 PM

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Great that those healthy changes are paying off!

I knowm watching sport gets my HR way up and I don’t even know anyone on the team!

The race is at the weekend, you’ll have to wait.

Had a nice swim today, at a decent pace for being on my own and with loads of turns as I just swim back and forth, don’t want to venture out on my own.
2024-05-20 4:12 PM
in reply to: Rollergirl

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Originally posted by Rollergirl

Great that those healthy changes are paying off!

I knowm watching sport gets my HR way up and I don’t even know anyone on the team!

The race is at the weekend, you’ll have to wait.

Had a nice swim today, at a decent pace for being on my own and with loads of turns as I just swim back and forth, don’t want to venture out on my own.

I can be patient!
2024-05-20 6:57 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
@Nicole. That bloodwork feedback is great news. Nothing is as motivating to keep on going as seeing some success. Nice to see you're able to get moving again. You're going to be leading the pack into T1 when you are able to get back to normal after your enforced swim focus.

@Mike. I think health system speeds is more a global thing than a USA thing. Definitely sounds familiar. You have to think though, if something concerning had come up, you would have been contacted ASAP. So the fact it's dragging on probably (hopefully?) means you're going to be given the all clear. Nice to see you back to something like normal training.

@Nat. I'm going 1:28. the adrenaline of race day is definitely going to give you a bit of a speed boost, so you'll be ahead of what you think is 'realistic'

Me? Started the week with an easy 60 minute jog on the treadmill and a bit of a stretch. Same planned for tonight (2 days easy after Sundays big workout) and a 70 minute tempo run penciled in for tomorrow morning.

Keep it up team.

New Thread
Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  

of 105

RELATED POSTS

KloOfyRoLaNd's Coach/Mentor Group for Newbies -- OPEN

Started by kloofyroland
Views: 895 Posts: 8

2023-01-26 2:30 PM kloofyroland