General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » hey guys.. Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-10-20 12:06 PM

User image

brooklyn new york
Subject: hey guys..
Just wanted to introduce myself. i want to begin training for a buathlon sprint coming up in next year. im not in great shape but i plan on making it. i know its a sprint, but its a step in the right direction.

i need to get a new road bike...i converted my old bianchi into a fixed gear to ride around in brooklyn..i guess i cant compete with a 18t fixed huh!? lol

any recommendations on an entry level bike? i just want something to get me going..i can always upgrade the components later on if i feel they need it..

thanks
james

2006-10-20 12:47 PM
in reply to: #573724

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: hey guys..
I'd start by checking out reviews on RoadBikeReview.com.  They've got a classifieds section too where you might find some good deals.  Personally I'm a Felt fan ('cuz that's what I have).  For the money, they provide a components that are pretty hard to beat.  This time of year though, you might find some excellent deals at your local bike shop on last year's models.  Enjoy the shopping and let us know what you end up with!
2006-10-21 9:36 AM

User image

Expert
Earth

Depending on how much you want to spend.  I would find a LBS and get fitted there.

You could ride that fixed bike, but you would likely have a tough time of it.

I did see that insideoutsports had some great deals, so you could check there.

2006-10-21 2:18 PM

Lake Villa, IL
welcome, and good luck
2006-10-21 3:02 PM

User image

Master
piece o heaven
Definitely the LBS and get fitted. And check clearance of the past models. I too am a Felt believer. But it depends upon your choice of ride and what works for you.

By the way WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(triathlonanimationgif.gif)

Attachments
----------------
triathlonanimationgif.gif (27KB - 22 downloads)
2006-10-22 12:10 PM

User image

brooklyn new york
thanks for the advice.. im going to ride my fixed for the next month until i figure out what bike i want to get......

anyways..thanks for the welcome.

2006-10-22 3:00 PM

User image

brooklyn new york
hey guys..i found this bike that is my size on ebay but i dont know much about suntour...are the components any good..? what are they comparable too?

also..what do you guys think about using this to train in and do a couple of sprints on..? im not sure if i want to spend too much money on a new bike if i cant do it (my gf is giving me a limited budget)

so used may be my only option. the only problem i see is the shifters...i would prefer if they were up front.

thanks in advance

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLEIN-QUANTUM-ROAD-BIKE-BICYCLE-51cm-SMALL-NICE...

2006-10-22 3:00 PM

User image

brooklyn new york
hey guys..i found this bike that is my size on ebay but i dont know much about suntour...are the components any good..? what are they comparable too?

also..what do you guys think about using this to train in and do a couple of sprints on..? im not sure if i want to spend too much money on a new bike if i cant do it (my gf is giving me a limited budget)

so used may be my only option. the only problem i see is the shifters...i would prefer if they were up front.

thanks in advance

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLEIN-QUANTUM-ROAD-BIKE-BICYCLE-51cm-SMALL-NICE...

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » hey guys.. Rss Feed