General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cycleops fluid trainer Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-11-10 5:46 PM

User image

Veteran
Auburn, Wa
Subject: Cycleops fluid trainer
So I got the new trainer the other day. Per directions it says to adjust the screw 2 and 1/2 turns after the drum makes contact with the wheel. In all of the reading I've been doing on here that would compress the tire too much. Now I have a dark black rubber line on the drum. Any ideas on how to get this off? Goo gone? I'm just afraid of damaging the drum using a chemical. I've adjusted the back some and it's working well but the line bothers me. Does everyone have this? Thanks for the help. Chris

2006-11-11 9:22 AM
in reply to: #596291

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Cycleops fluid trainer

Hey Chris.  I have the same machine, but don't have the problem with the tire line, probably because I don't have the drum so tight.  I think the instructions of 2 - 2.5 turns is a relative term.  You may have larger (taller) tires than normal.  Either way, NO, you should not be leaving a black mark on the drum.

As far as cleaning it, goo-be-gone may work, but I would be very careful and clean whatever residue you leave on the drum off.  Maybe finish it by cleaning it with alcohol or windex.

2006-11-11 6:44 PM
in reply to: #596485

User image

Veteran
Auburn, Wa
Subject: RE: Cycleops fluid trainer
Thanks for the ideas. I used it last night and a good portion of the black mark came off on it's own. maybe I was pedaling so hard the centrifical force blew it off the drum!!! ok maybe not, but there's just a small patch now!! Thanks again. Chris
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cycleops fluid trainer Rss Feed