General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Lurker turned poster Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-11-12 8:16 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Lurker turned poster
Hi All,

My story does not seem to out of the ordinary after reading many of the other lurker posts. I'm 34, father of 3, and really want to get back active on the bike again.

I used to race in the WORS off road series & have done the Chequamegon, but a good friend of mine says....het get on this road bike & let's go fast. It was all over from then.

I love the road & have done a fair share of organized rides, but never raced. I have a tendency to get very nervous before any sporting event, as I was never a strong competitor.

I just am searching for the motivation & someone to ride with to get me back on my feet. I unfortunately did the pregnancy diet....my wife ate, so did I...no matter what or when. Well, I ballooned to over 205 & I'm always in the 170's.

I'm looking to keep posting, making new friends, doing some riding & getting my running legs back under me again. I have my "Couch to 5k" training plan, thanks to this site & starting tomorrow...my life changes.

Thanks for all the inspirational reads. It helps me know that there's a great sense of community here & I can get back, gain confidence & hit my goal of finishing the Lake Zurich Tri this year.

Here to stay & thanks!!!

Chris
Crash-n-fail (I ride a cannondale)

2006-11-12 8:28 PM
in reply to: #597278

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas
Subject: RE: Lurker turned poster

Good luck on your training plan! I am the mother of 3 (I feel your pain, ha ha!!!) and my husband and I joined this group this summer. It has been a great source of motivation and so fun to read all the stories from others. I have done 3 sprint tri's and my husband and I have gotten so motivated that we signed up for our first Half Ironman in a year. We hope to be a great motivation to our three kids and they often go along on training rides or runs. Good luck and don't forget to post your workouts so we can watch your progress.

2006-11-13 1:09 PM
in reply to: #597278

User image

Master
Athens, Ga.
Subject: RE: Lurker turned poster
Welcome to BT! I spent a while lurking before joining last year. It's a great community. Check out the log feature, post questions, answers, and have fun training!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Lurker turned poster Rss Feed