General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Program Advice: Integrating Nautilus Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-12-29 3:36 PM

User image

Veteran
Salem, MA
Subject: Training Program Advice: Integrating Nautilus
Hi everyone. I'm going to be doing my first triathlon this July. I have a good training program which is based on 5 workouts a week, 3 running and one each bike and swim, for the next few months. My question is this: the program calls for 2 rest days. But I also want to add 2 days of Nautilus to build strength. So, is it OK to do Nautilus on the rest days, or should they be completely rest? And, if I must do Nautilus on the same days as other workouts, should I do them before or after the aerobic workouts? Thanks, I look forward to benefiting from your advice!

2003-12-29 3:53 PM
in reply to: #2980

Extreme Veteran
PohangSi
Subject: RE: Training Program Advice: Integrating Nautilus
I'd consider weights a workout. So if you do them on your 2 empty days, you will have no complete rest day. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as one of your runs is an easy recovery run. The other option is to use one open day and double up on one other day, leaving you one complete rest day. I do weights and swimming quite often. Sometimes weights first sometimes swim first, doesn't really matter just depends on which one you want to feel tired for. I also like combining am/pm run/swim or swim/bike days as you are using different muscle groups. It's good to follow a 2 workout day with a rest day or workout pm the next day to allow a full 24hrs rest. Anyway just experiment a bit and see what feels good. Good luck.
JD
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Program Advice: Integrating Nautilus Rss Feed