General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Please Help us Support Firefighters Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-12-20 5:13 PM

Subject: Please Help us Support Firefighters
Hello Everyone. My name is Brendan Corcoran and I am a career firefighter and age-group triathlete. I have started a not for profit organization and endurance sports team, Team Firefighter. Team Firefighter is looking for aspiring or current firefighter athletes. Whether you are looking to run your first 5k or do an Ironman Triathlon, join Team Firefighter today and represent Firefighters nationwide.

If you are not a firefighter please help us by Clicking Here ( http://www.active.com/donate/teamfirefighter) and making a donation, big or small. By improving the health and fitness of firefighters, you will save the lives of firefighters and those they are there to protect, you and your community.

Over 50% of on duty deaths for firefighters is due to heart attacks and we want to change this statistic. Some of these deaths are due to heart disease and others due to severe dehydration/electrolyte imbalance in conjuction with extreme physical stress during structure fires or other emergencies. We feel that both of these could potentially be prevented with regular fitness programs and knowledge of nutrition, hydration and electrolyte replacement.

Team Firefighter’s goal is to improve the health and safety of Firefighters by supporting personal fitness programs and encouraging participation in competitive sports. We plan to provide a supportive training environment, training programs, discounted fitness products and equipment donations to firehouses.

Visit www.teamfirefighter.com to learn more or Click Here ( http://active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1267604) to sign up or make a donation. Contact Brendan Corcoran at [email protected] with any further questions.

2007-01-14 3:51 PM
in reply to: #629642

Subject: Registration Fee Suspended
Calling all firefighters. The registration fee for Team Firefighter has been suspended for a limited time. Go to active.com today to register and help us raise awareness and try to make a change in our health statistics.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Please Help us Support Firefighters Rss Feed