General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Stomach Cramps Question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-08-12 2:01 AM

New user

Vancouver Island, B.C.
Subject: Stomach Cramps Question
Has anyone experienced stomach cramps while doing bike to run bricks? I don't usually cramp up on my normal runs or while on my bike but as soon as I try to run off the bike for any distance I cramp up. It happened during my last race as well and I have only been drinking water on the bike. A hard way to finish a tri. Any help is good help here.
Thank you,
Kevin

2004-08-12 7:26 AM
in reply to: #46717

User image

Expert
Palm Coast, FL
Subject: RE: Stomach Cramps Question
Drink too much water maybe? This could be any number of things from what you ate to nerves. Do a lot more bricks in training and be sure to note in your logs the different variables that might create cramps and go from there. What you ate before, how much water you've had in last 24 hours. Another thing to think about might be your breathing. Make sure especially at the start of the run to breathe deep into your stomach short quick breaths and I get everything from cramps to going anaerobic too fast.
2004-08-12 9:25 AM

New user

Vancouver Island, B.C.
Thanks Soupaman,
I think I will do as you say and keep better track of it in my log. I think it might be a to much water issue but I will experiment to see. I think I might have to limit my water intake just before I get off the bike. I was just curious to see if it happened to anyone else. Thanks,
Kevin
2004-08-12 10:21 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Dorset
Too much water, i find, is a sure fire way to get stomach cramps (do u call it a "stitch" in the states? we do [UK]), especially if u gulp it down fast
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Stomach Cramps Question Rss Feed