General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Shoes or no shoes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-08-13 9:31 AM

User image

Regular
Virginia Beach, VA
Subject: Shoes or no shoes
Need some help. I hear several people (mainly pros) take of with their bikes before putting on their shoes. I have velcro shoes so it is not that slow. How much time can you actually save by running barefooted with you bike and getting into your shoes while on the bike. Also what about socks and things getting stuck in your socks/feet for the 40 minutes you pound on you pedals? Can someone give this rookie a clue? Thanks for all.

Scott

2004-08-13 10:02 AM
in reply to: #47285

User image

Master
Newbury Park, CA
Subject: RE: Shoes or no shoes
Going without socks is pretty easy to do. Just go sockless for a few lighter workouts at first to get your feet used to it, then you can go sockless for longer workouts. Then race day you will save a good deal of time with not having to sit down and try to pull socks over your wet feet. I think it is an easy way to shave off perhaps one minute.

Having your shoes clipped in to your pedals is another thing though. Is it faster? If you don't practice enough beforehand - No! If you learn how to do it you will save some time. I can't do this yet. I aspire to, but have too much else to work on. At my last race I saw more people losing time by trying to do this and not knowing how than people who were good at it.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Shoes or no shoes Rss Feed