General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Favorite Y Swimming Pool in Twin Cities? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-01-18 9:50 PM

User image

Regular
River Falls
Subject: Favorite Y Swimming Pool in Twin Cities?
My family and I are going to watch the Tri-U-Mah next month, and then plan to do a swim workout (with the kids playing) at a Y in the cities before we head to Lakeville later that day to meet with friends. We have a Twin Cities Metro Y memebership, so we can go to pretty much any YMCA. Which Y do you think has a good pool for both lap swim and kids swim?

2007-01-19 6:02 AM
in reply to: #660211

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Favorite Y Swimming Pool in Twin Cities?
I would have to say if you are looking for both a fun pool and lap pool Burnsville offers a very good choice. They have a zero entry pool pool that is very shallow on the zero entry side and about 4 feet on the deep side. Has a little waterfall in the middle, but it is seldom on. The kid pool is actually 2 pools with a wide area between them to swim between the two pools. Next to that they have a 4 lane, 25 yard lap pool. Oh yea, they have a really big hot tub also. Very clean place. I like the set-up, my only problem has been they seem to have a lot of "floating" classes. You know what I mean, those classes where they shut down the whole lap pool so 9 or 10 people can basically float in one place. Check the schedule on the web site before you go and I think you would be happy. If you do decide to go this weekend, we might run into each other. If you see someone in the lap pool doing what looks like absolutely ridiculous drills and wearing fins that is me. Strict orders from our T.I. swim instructor to do nothing but these drills for the next 2 weeks.
2007-01-19 8:39 AM
in reply to: #660211

User image

Veteran
Longmont
Jen,
How old are your kids? The Coon rapids Y has a nice setup with a large lap pools and a separate pool for the kids with rain tree, slide, and zero entry area. Southdale also has a nice pool for the kids, but no slide. The lap pool there is very nice.
Devin
2007-01-20 9:03 AM
in reply to: #660413

User image

Regular
River Falls
Absolutely need the slide. Kids are 8 years old next Saturday, and are little fish in the water!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Favorite Y Swimming Pool in Twin Cities? Rss Feed