General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Left medial arch pain/seperation Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-02-19 12:43 PM

User image

Veteran
Jacksonville, Florida
Subject: Left medial arch pain/seperation
Was playing basketball last December and felt my arch "give way" with some  sort of separation. My ankle overpronates grossly medial to where my arch touches the floor if I am bare foot. I rested about 6 weeks and attempted to run again on Monday and it happened again. Separation, maybe a pop or 2. I sat down for a few minutes and as I stood up, it popped a lot, like cracking your knuckles. Fallen arch? Strained flexor muscle? There is a sore spot towards the heel as well. I am icing and just cycling for now. Any thoughts?

2007-02-19 2:45 PM
in reply to: #695695

Subject: RE: Left medial arch pain/seperation
ouch that sounds bad you might want to go to your doc and get a script for a pair of biomechanical foot orthotics, that will help stabilize your over pronation, by supporting your transverse ach, from there u will have to go to an orthotist who will do the fabrication, casting, and follow ups. I do believe that this will help you due to the fact that im a orthotist prosthetist myself a wearer of orthotics and would be very unhappy without them. pete a
2007-02-20 9:28 PM
in reply to: #695695

User image

Veteran
Jacksonville, Florida
Subject: RE: Left medial arch pain/seperation

Thanks for the info. I found my old hard plastic ortho inserts and inserted them underneath some soft orthotics and pulled a little extra on the laces. Everything felt better even after the arch gave out a 1/4 mile in. The problem I have really isn't pain so much but the way my good side has to compensate once my bad ankle gives out. Causes the right quad to do all the work it seems. Oh well. I am sure it will work itself out.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Left medial arch pain/seperation Rss Feed