General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Multi Races - overlapping training? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-02-20 1:17 PM

User image

Stillwater, MN
Subject: Multi Races - overlapping training?
I have earmarked a couple of key races for this summer (race season is short here in MN and WI). When training overlaps, which one gives? My marathon is in May, but my training for the Door County -long course should start in early March (I am planning on a 20 week training plan) and then the 20 week training for HIM in September should start in late April.

I don't want to blow the 26.2 by spending too much time ont he bike or in the water, but I don't want to undertrain for the the tri's.

Ideas or experience? Thanks!

2007-02-20 1:25 PM
in reply to: #697050

User image

Champion
Two seat rocket plane
Subject: RE: Multi Races - overlapping training?

What kind of base do you have?

By long course do you mean Olympic distance?

Are you talking about two races or three races?

If your marathon training is on track, it will compliment your HIM training .

If you train for a May marathon and a September HIM, you have all Summer to build bike and swim mileage

2007-02-20 3:52 PM
in reply to: #697067

User image

Stillwater, MN
Subject: RE: Multi Races - overlapping training?
My base is pretty good. I ran Portland, OR marathon (4:15) in October and completed two sprints last summer.

Marathon traingin is on track. I am running 3 days a week, inc. a long run on the weekends and x-training at least 2 or 3 of the others.

I assume I can follow my marathon plan and insert the swim and bike into the x-training days. I also assume I can use the late training stages of the Oly tri for the early stages in the HIM.

I am signed up for the Green Bay marathon in May, a Sprint Tri in June, the Door County Long Course (.9/26/6) in July, and the Square Lake HIM in Septmember - 4 races this summer I guess.

Thanks for the feedback.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Multi Races - overlapping training? Rss Feed