General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Races During Training - Help Needed Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-03-07 12:32 PM

User image

Expert
Lakeville, MN
Subject: Races During Training - Help Needed

I have put together my training plan (a modified BT 20 week HIM) and have added all of the sprint and Oly's that I plan on doing. 

Sun - Long Run

Mon - Off

Tues - Run/Swim

Wed - Swim/Lift

Thurs - Bike/Run

Fri - Swim/Lift

Sat - Long Bike

My question is this:  All of my races are on Sat or Sun.  For the races on Sat I am not too worried about my legs, but for the races on Sundays, what should I do the day before?  I want to make sure I do well in my HIM, but I really want to do well in the sprints/oly's?

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Thanks

Edited by benihana 2007-03-07 12:33 PM

2007-03-07 12:59 PM
in reply to: #714893

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA
Subject: RE: Races During Training - Help Needed

How many times are you racing in the 20 weeks?  When are they?

Generally, you don't want to shortchange your long bike & long run too much, especially if the HIM is your focus.  One idea would be to move the long run to mid-week before those other races (say Thurs and drop the bike/run), drop the Fri weights that week and go easier and/or shorter on the long ride before the races.  You have recovery built-in on Monday.  And probably want to go easy on your Tuesday run those weeks.  You could also vary what you do based on how important some of those other races are to you (e.g., keep your week the same and just race on Sunday instead of doing your long run).  Many options.  As usual, depends on your priorities.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Races During Training - Help Needed Rss Feed