General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for some Training Partners in the Tri-State (OH, KY, IN) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-03-09 12:11 PM

User image

Veteran
Downers Grove
Subject: Looking for some Training Partners in the Tri-State (OH, KY, IN)

I'm pretty new to Triathlons, mainly beginning my serious training about 2 months ago, and most of my friends aren't into Triathlons. I'm looking for some Training Partners for early Saturday and Sunday morning bike rides and runs.  I'm training for HIM distance and looking at long bike rides and runs around 2 - 3 1/2 and 1 - 2 hours respectively. Feel free to view my logs for my training times and PM me if you're interested.

Rock On.

2007-03-09 7:10 PM
in reply to: #717552

User image

Extreme Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Subject: RE: Looking for some Training Partners in the Tri-State (OH, KY, IN)
I live in C-Bus. Your miles are a littel much for my time restraints at this time. I see you have Tri for Joe on your short list. Are you doing this. I signed up last week. This will be my first one of the year. Let me know if you do it we can say hi their.
2007-03-10 11:18 AM

User image

Champion
Gold member
And I'm in Akron...
2007-03-10 1:06 PM
in reply to: #718345

User image

Veteran
Downers Grove

I'm planning on doing the Tri For Joe at Coney Island, which looks like it'll by my first Tri ever (I'm not doing the Miami Tri b/c it's too close to the Half Mara I want to do). I'll PM you when it's getting closer.

Have either of you competed in any Tris that Team Columbus puts on? I've been looking to register for a couple of those since I used to live there (actually Westerville, I'm an Otterbein grad)

Well if either of youpass through the Tri State at some time, PM me beforehand if ya'll want to get a run or bike in. I'd just like to get some training in with a partner sometimes. Keep the motivation going, you know.

2007-03-10 2:57 PM

User image

Expert
South eastern Ohio

Hi,

I live in Portsmouth, Oh. which is too far from anywhere but if you do any of the later in the season HFP Races I'll be at some of them. (see log) So say Hi. I'll be the one at the back of the pack.  On the bike that is faster than I am. Have a good weekend.

2007-03-10 7:20 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Columbus, Ohio

My tris in Columbus are mostly thru Fat Rabbit (http://www.fatrabbitracing.com/) and NCN Racing (http://www.ncnracing.com/calendar/) in the Cleveland area. Looking forward to Tri for Joes in Cincinnati. Look good. Had to buy a wetsuit for it though. They say the water in in the low 60. I wanted to do the one in Miami but have a conflict with a wedding in Cleveland and wouldn't have time to make it to Cleveland.

2007-03-10 9:43 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cincinnati
I'm in Finneytown... I'm not quite up to your times yet but I run pretty regularly on Sunday mornings at Winton woods. I do not have a regular bike training session yet. I am planning on doing the Heart Mini, possibly the Miami Tri, and probably Tri for Joe.

My biggest obstacle is stealing time away from the family for extended runs or bikes. But it would be cool to meet some other folks in the area.
2007-03-11 7:54 PM

User image

Veteran
Downers Grove

Well I'm putting you all on as buddies and will definately hit you up before I go to the races. Be nice to meet others who use this site. And by the way, this site is amazing! It's honestly one of the reasons I really have enjoyed the training! I am obsessed on writing my training down, and planning like a month in the future. This is awesome to be able to write it all way ahead and check on it, along with seeing others.

Rock on.

2007-03-12 5:04 PM

User image

Expert
Earth

The water temps are pretty chilly, but you can do it without a wetsuit.  Many of the swimmers last year did the swim without a wetsuit.

The bike is a long ride, about 18 miles... last year it was 17.5.  Not too many hills, mainly flat and pretty straight.  2 turn arounds.

Run was flat, out and back.

You can look me up, I plan on being there.  I'll be setting up the the 40-44 men's area.  My ride is a Black and Yellow Cervelo One, and I should be wearing a Wright Tri club jersey.  Not that you will see that for sure.... last year it was cool enough that you wanted long sleeves and long pants on.  I think it started in the 58 range and might have finally warmed up into the mid 70's by the finish.

2007-03-13 7:53 AM

User image

Expert
Ross, Ohio
When the weather gets a little better there is a very small group of us that meets at Miami Whitewater in Cleves on most Saturday mornings.  You are more than welcome to come along.  We usually go for about 30 miles or so.  We are not the fastest lot of riders out there, but a fun bunch.  It is just a group of early morning folks from GOld's on Colerain.  Let me know if you want to come on out and I can get you the details.  We all live or are from the Ross area. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for some Training Partners in the Tri-State (OH, KY, IN) Rss Feed