Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Feature - Custom Sports/Strength-Exercises Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-03-24 11:18 AM

New user

Subject: Feature - Custom Sports/Strength-Exercises
I'm new to the logs, and I've been using my own strength-training plans for a long while with many climbing and calisthenic oriented exercises.

When trying to enter my training plan data into the logs there doesn't seem to be any way to add my own "custom" exercises into the strength logs or sports logs (would kind of be like adding custom foods to the nutrition log). Just the drop-down list of pre-canned sports/exercises from I'm assuming the prepared training plans.

Has this been requested as a feature (if not I would highly recommend it)? Or am I missing something.

Thanks, Matt.

2007-03-24 5:03 PM
in reply to: #735494

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY
Subject: RE: Feature - Custom Sports/Strength-Exercises
Just let us know what you'd like added. If it isn't there we can put it in.
2007-03-24 5:22 PM
in reply to: #735494

New user

I do mostly calisthenics so it gets pretty diverse. Not sure how nice that would be to everyone else, having to add alot of exercises. Unless that's the common practice.

Just as an example for my pushup sets theres: Standard, Military, Wide Fly, Diamonds, Slo-Mo's, Dive-Bombers, Pike Press, Plange, Two-twitch Speed, Side-to-Side, One-arm, Plyo's and Joga Balance pushup's.

Pull-up and chin-up variations get way worse.

So a custom exersize list would be a good feature for those like me. Otherwise I'll just work around it and keep using the old pen/paper tables.
2007-03-28 10:28 AM
in reply to: #735648

User image

Champion
Gold member
That is a lot of exercises.  We do plan to give users the ability to enter custom exercises middle of this year as we redo that logging screen.
2007-03-28 11:25 AM
in reply to: #740039

New user

Awesome, I'll look forward to it. Love the functionality of everything else, just was my one big pet-peeve.

As a climber and being in the military I've had exposure and developed alot of calisthenic based routines. It's a whole other camp outside the weight room, and I've noticed over the years I tend to be less injury prone and more flexible than when I was working in the gym. It leverages off the higher-rep, less-resistance, lean muscle nature of doing hundreds of pushup's/pullup's/legs/core/etc.

Plus it's nice when people ask if you lift weight's. I can happily say "No" and still pump out 60+ good pull-ups.
New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Feature - Custom Sports/Strength-Exercises Rss Feed