General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit recomendations Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-04-02 1:24 PM

Veteran
Philadelphia
Subject: Wetsuit recomendations
So I've been passively looking around for a wetsuit to purchase. I'm new to traithlons and have already dropped some heavy deniro just to get started. I'm looking into getting a wetsuit now and want to get a good one, but don't want to spend $300. I was looking on ebay for a gently used one, but am having a rough time figuring out what kind I should get. There seems to be alot for scuba diving. Is that the kind I can use as well? I guess any kind of advice would be great as to what kind, brand, materials, etc I should look for.

Thanks in advance!

2007-04-02 1:36 PM
in reply to: #745785

User image

Master
New York
Subject: RE: Wetsuit recomendations
No need to drop $300 on a wetsuit...drop on by ProMotion's site - they have high quality suits for very affordable prices. Many BTers will extoll their virtues.

If you're poking around eBay - look for brands like Xterra, BlueSeventy, Orca, QRoo, ProMotion. If you're going to out and out buy a wetsuit- don't by a diving/boarding one. They're not engineered for swimming, and unless you plan on using it primarily for boarding or scuba, you may end up regretting the purchase.

Also if you're interested in just renting a suit, you can get one from wetsuitrentals.com for like $30.
2007-04-02 1:50 PM
in reply to: #745785

User image

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Subject: RE: Wetsuit recomendations
Amanda ~

Let me know exactly what you are looking for - sleeveless or full sleeve and your size - weight, height, etc. I have a few wetsuits here from last year that are either slightly used or not used at all that I am selling. Also, you can get into a 2XU sleeveless for less than $200.00 new. Let me know I would be happy to help.

Renee
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit recomendations Rss Feed