General Discussion Triathlon Talk » *Your help wanted on main site...participate!!!!* Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-01-13 9:29 AM

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: *Your help wanted on main site...participate!!!!*

Will be adding audio/video to the main site in the soon-to-be new/revamped sections of strength training and stretching.  I have overlooked it long enough!

• Please send me audio/video converted to .avi or .wmv format of your stretches u do complete with descriptions, how they help you and no-no's.  keep each clip about 30sec to one minute.
  • Also looking for strength training exercises.  Send me individual clips of your exercises, complete head-to-toe, starting through finish positions, how it helps u, things to avoid, etc.  Their r a lot of exercises out there...i would like to build a video library of this.  Send in .avi or .wmv format, keep each clip about 30sec to one minute.
  • If anyone with with a lot of knowledge would like to help write content, let me know too.
  • ALSO, if anyone is artsy, am looking for some original swim, bike, run and strength images to replace the current ones in the forum and the blogs...if u would like to create some to donate...that would be cool...

This will be a major update featuring users of the site.  Will add a great community spirit.  just email me or send mail to my inbox here and we can coordinate.

looking forward to them...

2004-01-13 10:01 AM
in reply to: #3739

User image

Expert
Rockledge, Fl
Subject: RE: *Your help wanted on main site...participate!!!!*
Ron, I have a video recorder, but no way to convert to mpeg. I will see if anyone at work has a setup so I may be able to help.
2004-01-17 3:50 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boise Idaho
I would love to help! I will be drawing up some logos at work tonight and over the next couple days. And I would love to add some stuff on strength training. That use to be my old addiction when i was power lifting. I will just have to talk my buddy into filming me. and if you have a video recorder there are some file converting software out there that will convert it to anything but the kitchen sink. you can find some for free too. try looking at http://www.download.com/they have all kinds of stuff. windows media player 9 also converts. I will start taking some picks and add some workouts, i know a few... to manny! And i was thinking we should have like a bloopers page. Because if i start filming my self training there are bound to be some bloopers.. i have only fallin off the tredmil 2 times now at the gym. makes for a good laugh! Jack Lavoie ;-)
2004-01-17 8:34 PM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana
VirtualDUB from http:\\www.virtualdub.comis a great tool for capturing and editing video! Windows XP users also have a tool called "Windows movie maker" that make capturing video from a digital camcorder very simple (but I still prefer virtualdub)
2004-01-18 6:33 AM
in reply to: #4116

User image

Veteran
Malvern PA
I have a digital video camera, but no firewire card. Can you capture the vid w/o firewire?
2004-01-19 1:51 PM

New user
Rome, GA
I wouldn't mind writing some things when I have time. Let me know what you are looking for, I have a wide variety of knowledge gained through trial and error, or by book if all else fails.

2004-01-19 6:07 PM
in reply to: #4261

User image

Champion
Gold member

tate - looking for anything that can give one a different perspective on a subject or better relateable

wry - i don't know much about vid capture...most digital cams and movie cams will record in .avi or provide software for your computer to get it...

2004-01-19 6:14 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Epworth. Iowa
Video Capture: Check the pinnacle site at: http://www.pinnaclesys.com You can capture with a decoder box and usb ($249) though. You can get pinnacle version 9 (to be released in next couple of weeks or so) and this will include the capture card for the pc plus the software. Same site has a dazzle product that will use usb with software it's $69.00

Edited by malvey 2004-01-19 6:15 PM
2004-01-20 7:58 AM

User image

Expert
Mount Vernon, Iowa
I've done a lot of yoga, which is the bomb for flexibility. I did a pre-elite rowing camp a few years ago and had the entire team - including the big tough guys twice my size - doing downward-facing dog, etc., by the end. A lot of the poses really help strengthen your core muscles, keep your spine limber, etc. I should try to write up some basics. I could perhaps film them, but that would require a level of organization I may not be up to while studying for the bar.
2004-01-20 9:28 AM
in reply to: #4370

User image

Champion
Gold member

yes...i have been doing some ashtangi yoga...total beginner though...need a class

BUT YES!  a few articles would be great!  if not a vid, then digital cam pics r def cool too...i would like to have a new part of the site dedicated to stretching that will be totally AWESOME!

2004-01-21 10:49 AM

Regular
Ontario
I work for Roxio (a software development company) www.roxio.com so I have access to all the equipment and have some experience with such things.

I will be glad to do what I can but I warn you I am a newbie as far as tri training goes so I am not sure exactley what you would like to see.

And if anyone needs assistance send me an e-mail and I will be happy to help if I can.

You tell me what your looking for and I will do my best o make it happen,...hows that

Monty

2004-01-21 11:15 PM

Extreme Veteran
Fort Wayne, IN
You know that is why I love this site. All the people willing to help out. I am sittling here in Anaheim in my hotel room looking for motiation to get up and do something and after doing work stuff go to this site and think, how can I not. I thank all of you for your contributions and support of everyone here.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » *Your help wanted on main site...participate!!!!* Rss Feed