General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I miss sports and need to get back into shape Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-05-23 1:20 PM

New user

Subject: I miss sports and need to get back into shape
Hey All,

Completely new to triathlons, not much of a biker, and I couldn't swim a mile if my life depended on it. Been playing soccer for most of my life, but alas, graduating college, organized sports have been hard to come by. Mostly miss a continuous sport/event-focused exercise regimen and looking to try something new. The endurance aspect of triathlon's really interests me, so just trying to get into it and seems like a good total body sport. Anyone have any good advice let me know, kind of unsure of where to start!

bigt

2007-05-23 7:32 PM
in reply to: #813806

User image

Subject: RE: I miss sports and need to get back into shape
Find a plan and stick to it. That's what I did a couple months ago. I am gonna be doing my 2nd tri on Monday. I absolutely loved the first. Triathlons come with hard training, big goals, and awesome people. The people are what makes this sport so awesome. I have really enjoyed it and am sure you will too!!
2007-05-23 10:58 PM

User image

Champion
Gold member

Also find a race and signup so you can figure out the length of training plan, the distance...and the goal will be extra motivation too.

Being that you may have to put in some work on the swim, look at the sprint plans to get a routine going and to build up your swim.

Good luck and have fun.

2007-05-23 11:56 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
MN
Ditto on the race sign up.  Nothing like a looming race to keep you motivated to keep training.  Just pick a reasonable starting distance for each event and keep moving the distance out.  You should end up doing trainings about 1.5X you event distance.  This will ensure that you can race the shorter distance.  Be a student and pick up the small things; they all add up.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I miss sports and need to get back into shape Rss Feed