General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aero helmet : Visor or no visor ? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-07-06 8:43 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Québec City
Subject: Aero helmet : Visor or no visor ?

Hi !

I bought this beautiful entry level aero helmet. Though it seems like the visor can be removed from the helmet, it cannot be unscrewed without damaging it (the visor). At first, I wanted to take it off but I'd lie to have some advice from you folks who had used aero helmets in the past : What are the Pros ans Cons of the visor ? Here are mine for a start :

Visor :

- More aerodynamic

- Less windy noise inside the helmet

No-visor :

- Can wear tainted glasses

- More ventilated, meaning less hot...

- Better look

Thanks for you posts,

Christian.

(LG-TT6-BLK.gif)

Attachments
----------------
LG-TT6-BLK.gif (57KB - 25 downloads)

2007-07-06 10:57 PM
in reply to: #875348

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: Aero helmet : Visor or no visor ?
You actually can remove the visor without damaging it (as long as it hasn't been modified somehow post-factory).

But... I had one of these, and sold it without ever riding in it. The visor never fit right for my face, and the angle of it put it right into my face hard.

But if that's not the case for you, then by all means keep it on. You can fit some close-fitting glasses under it (though the fast that they'd be close-fitting may cause sweat problems). Lots of people use this helmet sans visor. I have a Rudy Project Syton Open now, which fits me like it was custom made for my noggin. No visor on that one.

But I think the helmet and visor makes more of a difference INSIDE your head than outside, which is probably MORE effective.
2007-07-07 10:09 AM

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

Hey I just bought the same helmet on Nashbar for cheap!

I already took off the visor, it doesn't hurt the visor to spin out the screws...

2007-07-07 6:54 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Québec City

Hi, I tried to remove the visor again. The screws can turn conterclockwise but they won't get out. Bizarre... As for the visor, I have the same problem as stated above : It doesn't fit well on my nose... I'll probably try the helmet with the visor for one ride anyway and see afterwards...

Thanks,

Christian. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aero helmet : Visor or no visor ? Rss Feed