General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Emergency Training Help Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-07-08 8:02 AM

User image

Subject: Emergency Training Help
I signed up for Steelhead (first it was Racine but then changed to Steelhead), then proceeded to get engaged and started working my butt off (10-12 hours a day) as my company is headed into a merger and have basically been a total slacker in regards to my training. Yesterday I did a brick that was a pretty good marker of where I am in terms of fitness and it said that I am not that great. So here is the problem I am signed up and am going to do the race but how what can I achieve in the next 4 weeks to help me do the best.

This is my schedule: Monday through Friday work from 6:30 to 5 or 6 with no time for workouts at lunch but I have gone before. Weekends are totally free.

Please help me design the last four weeks into the race.

2007-07-08 8:33 AM
in reply to: #876091

User image

Veteran
Broad Brook
Subject: RE: Emergency Training Help
my advice is to shedule most of your workouts early in the morning around 5:00 before you head into work that way there will be no conflicts later in the day that usually arise. have your long bike and run on the weekends. If you have a preety good base now you should be fine good luck.
2007-07-08 11:03 AM
in reply to: #876091

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Emergency Training Help
Your work schedule sounds very similar to mine, and I just completed IM CDA (my first IM). I was usually up at 0500 and in the pool for 1-1.5 hours prior to work three times per week. The other two days I used the that am time for weights. After work, I would come home and eat a quick dinner with the kids, then was out doing a short bike/run brick or longer bike or run (about 1.5-2 hours). On the weekends that I didn't have to work I did my long rides and runs. It took a LOT of organization, and there were serveral times I was mentally exhausted, but I knew I would be even more exhausted on IM day, so I dug deep and missed only a hand full of workouts in 30 weeks. You CAN do it, and have fun too!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Emergency Training Help Rss Feed