General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sharp Knee pain when cold??? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-07-20 11:21 PM

User image

Silverdale, WA
Subject: Sharp Knee pain when cold???
I know that the internet is not the place to get medical advice, but I am curious if I am dealing with a common issue...I am getting a sharp pain on the inner portion of my knee right around the patella area when I am not active (cold legs). It is at its worse when my leg is extended or I put weight on it with my leg near straight. If my legs are warm it is not an issue and I can run/bike without it hurting once I am warmed up. I think that I may have hurt it by pulling up with my leg on the bike to test a loose cleat on my clipless pedals which is allowing my foot to move side to side.

I plan to participate in a race this weekend regardless and pay the piper later if that is what it comes to, but I would like to have an idea of what I have done to myself if someone has been in the same shoes. The pain is sharp and stabbing and ice is definately the wrong answer since it makes it worse. Any ideas? It mainly hurts just to the inside of my kneecap as mentioned before, but runs down to directly below my knee as well.

2007-07-21 1:36 AM
in reply to: #895227

User image

Silverdale, WA
Subject: RE: Sharp Knee pain when cold???
Tried to edit and it was too late...I have looked at over a dozen pages of the medical forum which took me back to the beginning of the year and I did not see anything that explained what I feel. I would really like to have at least an idea of what I am dealing with before I race this weekend if it is possible.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sharp Knee pain when cold??? Rss Feed