Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Ottawa Training Buddy for the Early-Morning Jump Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2007-07-29 10:03 AM

New user

Subject: Ottawa Training Buddy for the Early-Morning Jump
Hi to everyone out there in tri-cyberspace,

I'm a total newbie to the tri-world, and am trying to get back in shape (and lose my rolls!) after a long injury. Am in Ottawa and swimming M-W-F w/ Technosport at 6.30am. Have no probs getting out of bed on those days bec I live in fear (a good fear, mind you) of Coach Jones (i.e. "Sir-Yes-Sir Jones"). But on non-swim days, I need to focus on my core work and strength training, and need to get my large rear-end to the gym to do that. Was wondering if there are any other newbies out there who would like to start a phone buddy system for a 6am "Get Yer Butt To The Gym" style wake-up call? We could make it more interesting with a monetary "penalty" for not waking up, etc etc etc. Anybody out there in tri cyberland who might be interested in losing some rolls together??

Give a shout if you are...would love to hear from you.

juls
[email protected]

2007-08-01 9:36 AM
in reply to: #905542

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ottawa, Ontario
Subject: RE: Ottawa Training Buddy for the Early-Morning Jump

Hi there - I have a bit of an unusual training schedule (in otherwords I sneak training in any free time I can get) so I am not much of a help for early mornings (just not happening for me). There are unfortunately only a few Ottawa locals on BT so this may not be the best place to look. I have a suggestion for you. There is a great local daily email group that would probably help you here (plus it is a great resource if you don't already know about it). You can sign up at www.trirudy.com.

Hope that helps,

D

Edited by herridge 2007-08-01 9:37 AM
2007-08-01 4:05 PM
in reply to: #909431

New user

Subject: RE: Ottawa Training Buddy for the Early-Morning Jump
hey D,
thanks for writing. yep, am definitely on the trirudy list, but so far haven't found myself an early-morning buddy. but thanks for your time anyways!

yours in endurance,
j
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Ottawa Training Buddy for the Early-Morning Jump Rss Feed